League of the Month (September)

Who deserves to win LOTM for September, 2010?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm trying to introduce some new stuff to the NZPL, like pre-season international tours, as it's even starting to get boring for me.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was in Varun's league for the first season :) It is a pretty good idea, but for me, tournaments based around countries get a bit boring after a season, because you continue picking the same players, and if you don't have good players domestically, then you will continue to struggle. That's why in some ways Premier Leagues are better because you keep rotating players through trades and redrafts, etc.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well I think the matches should be posted at a reasonable pace though. You can't just keep posting one match or even one round each 20 days and still be nominated for LOTM.

Chewie

BCCI President
Or why not nominate all the active leagues?
There are hardly 10-12 of them anyway i.e. just 4-5 more nominations irrespective of how sucessful they have been and how long they have been running for (even if they finished only one match) because if they're not good enough,they won't attract votes anyway but at least there won't be any scope for complaining and alleged discrimination.

Or before the poll is put up, people nominate leagues that they think should be in the running, and then after a day the poll is put up.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Well I think the matches should be posted at a reasonable pace though. You can't just keep posting one match or even one round each 20 days and still be nominated for LOTM.

Exactly. Rahul has completed about 1 and half seasons in just 15 days. He does 2 rounds a day. It's pretty unrealistic.

Chewie

BCCI President

Possibly one match a day on average?

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Well I thought when I'll leave, things will be better, but it's quite the opposite.
Anyway, I am back, and hopefully this time, I'll try to be on the safer side! :)

@All: Just like every other LOTM, let's treat this one as the same now. It isn't a big issue at all, and ASAP, we shall forget it. IMO, LOTM shouldn't be closed, unless we people begin treating it as a reward for the hard work and the efforts of the league manager and not as a competition. :)

You're the one who started all this stupid ████ now you say you are 'back'? What about your big career ideas.:sarcasm Don't try and be some sort of hero one day then a peacekeeper the next. Make up your mind.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Or why not nominate all the active leagues?
There are hardly 10-12 of them anyway i.e. just 4-5 more nominations irrespective of how sucessful they have been and how long they have been running for (even if they finished only one match) because if they're not good enough,they won't attract votes anyway but at least there won't be any scope for complaining and alleged discrimination.

That's where arguments will start though, I'm looking to get some black and white.

I didn't think Meet's league was active as it's now on the second page, but people were complaining about it, so I'm looking for a number, like 20 days since the last match, then the league will be considered no longer active.

Then you also need a number, like 20 days since the first match to get nominated, as you can't include leagues that are in the drafts phase like someone wanted me to, and you can't include leagues that have only played one or two matches.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Guys, why can't we just keep two tiers going on? One for better season leagues and one for encouraging people?

Varun

ICC Board Member
Guys, why can't we just keep two tiers going on? One for better season leagues and one for encouraging people?

Then people like Bounce will come and tell us that CG is mean, he keeps his league in the top tier while doesn't give others a chance. He wants everybody to win the LOTM once regardless of what his league is.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors

Last time I asked about it, more people were against it including me, so it seemed pointless to introduce.
I think this system is fine, as you can see a league in its second season and a league in its third season are beating two leagues in their seventh seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread