Listing of all strokes available to batsmen

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
You've certainly got a wide variety of shots there, certainly more than I can play :D

The animations for the shots look amazing and very realistic. 38 shots is a tremendous number and very hard to recreate, you have done a wonderful job on it.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Lol!
Dead bat is diff from defence!!!
I explained it.I will try to elaborate.

In dead bat the batsmen has no batlift, no backhand support, in fact professional batsmen simply remove their backhand.
It is generally used against spinners, a loosely held bat totally stops ball dead right at feet of batsmen, even if ball kisses the edge, simply fall there.
It is the better altenative of padding up against spinners, and used by sucessful spin players.

slade

Club Cricketer
hey LM

Great work

I was just wondering if you could pre meditiate any of these strokes, especially the sweep since this is often done by batsman.

Against spinners, it lets you sweep a lot more balls but if the ball is too full, you end up yorking urself. like geriant jones did against harbajan recently.

Less often, batsmen premeditate the sweep aginst medium pacers and medium fast bowlers. I dont know if anybody is brave (or foolish) enough to try and sweep a express pace bowler. Again, if the ball they get is different from the one they guessed at, they get hit. example when it worked, telemarkus in the greatest odi ever swept a medium pacer's yorker for four.

btw will you be able play the paddle sweep.

TIA

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
ziad123_2005 said:
thanks LM, way to go

1 more question, will there be separate buttons for a loft and a six hit attempt ?

no, it will be controlled by the power bar...small power in the red zone means a short loft whereas maximum power in the red zone will mean a 6 attempt - i.e. trying to clear the boundary..

slade said:
hey LM

Great work

I was just wondering if you could pre meditiate any of these strokes, especially the sweep since this is often done by batsman.

Against spinners, it lets you sweep a lot more balls but if the ball is too full, you end up yorking urself. like geriant jones did against harbajan recently.

Less often, batsmen premeditate the sweep aginst medium pacers and medium fast bowlers. I dont know if anybody is brave (or foolish) enough to try and sweep a express pace bowler. Again, if the ball they get is different from the one they guessed at, they get hit. example when it worked, telemarkus in the greatest odi ever swept a medium pacer's yorker for four.

btw will you be able play the paddle sweep.

TIA

hmm..i hear you but i cant work out how it could be done without coming off as wierd...i think it would look wierd if he just swung then halted the follow through and just waited for the ball.

Im afraid the low pull or normal sweep is the closest to a paddle sweep...i ended up running out of button combos and didn't want to make it too complicated by adding more buttons etc. I think it's ok to get by without an explicit paddle sweep, but maybe there would be an uproar about it, im not sure..that's just my opinion...

PhilD123

International Coach
When you say about the dead bat? I think you mean where you play the ball with soft hands so it drops at your feet.

dabith

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Personally I dont think there is any need for a 'dead bat' shot. At the end of the day this is a computer game and the array of defensive shots LM has already provided are more than adequate. Just my opinion.....

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
dabith said:
Personally I dont think there is any need for a 'dead bat' shot. At the end of the day this is a computer game and the array of defensive shots LM has already provided are more than adequate. Just my opinion.....

i think i agree Dabith.... :cheers

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
dabith said:
Thats actually quite right, either way I wouldn't bothered with too many defensive shots. I like them out of the ground any given time. Attack is the best defense for me.:p

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Hi,

Im writing the commentary lines for the strokes and would like to know in more detail what 4 and 6 are and what the differences are.

Thanks

Manee

Users who are viewing this thread