Liverpool FC - Barclays Premier League 07/08 [PES 06][PS2]

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Barclays Premier League

Ryan Babel has kept up his good form, pulling off a sensational injury time goal from roughly 35 yards out. In the 16th Minute Babel recieved a pass from Torres just outside the box and Babel showed some skill to get around the defender and lets just say the keeper had no chance. But Liverpool looked to have blown there lead going down 2-1. Then in the 91st minute, a shot which Babel said "I just had a dig, i was shocked to see it go in" made the game 2-2. No one cared how lucky it was, Anfield erupted with fans going wild. Babel got another MOTM preformance with a 7.5 rating.
Aurellio came in for Riise in the back and Riise went to midfield with pennant dropped.

D1 Cup

Liverpool have got off to a great start in the D1 Cup beating West Ham comfortably 2-0. They were creating chances early but couldn't captalize on them. Crouch hit the post in the 5th minute then Babel belted one just wide in the 6th minute. But in the 14th minute John Arne Riise intercepted a throw that hit him and landed right at Babels feet who belted it in. No more goals were scored until the 81st minute when Babel made a break and passed it to Voronin who ran down the side then waited to Babel well was deep inside the box and passed it int him and Babel belted it in. 2-0. Game. Set. Match.
Riise went back to the backs. Alonso CM, Benayoun CM, Kewell and Gerrard RM and LM and Crouch in for Torres.
Babel 7.5 ratin, Alonso 7.5, Riise 7.0 and Hypia 7.0

Liverpool- 2
Bolton - 2

Liverpool - 2
West Ham- 0

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I want to restart this but with a new season but still with L'pool. should I make a new thread or just use this one?

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
LiverpoolFC-Youwillneverwalkalone.jpg

Rafa Benitez has, to the surprise of many, kept his job after a dissapointing season last year. L'pool finished 13th with only 22 points to show for the season with 7 draws and 5 wins. But he is confident he can lead his team to better things this year.
ol
"That was last season, this is this season. We need to forget the past and get on with our game and hopefully get a better finish."
- Rafa Benitez.

Liverpool have there chance to show their worth against a struggling Tottenham who have been facing problems with manager changes, player swaps, player-manager disagreements and even player-player disagreements. Liverpool will want to take full advantage of a down in confidence Tottenham

"Yes we have been having problems but I believe we will be mentally prepared for saturdays afternoon fixture"- Tottenham manager.

LpoolvsTottenhamcopy.png

Hello and welcome to the opening game of the season for these two teams, everyone is pumped up and excited about what is going to occur here at White Hart Lane.

Tottenham Hotspurs manager has not revealed his formation to the media as he has stated it could change depending on the fitness of one or two of there players.

Liverpool's line-up is as followed:

Formation.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool have completed a comfortable victory here over Tottenham hotspurs and they were happy about it.

Liverpool were first on the board with Finnan receiving a smart ball from Kewell in the box and smashed the ball into the bottom left hand corner with perfect technique. The RB was happy about scoring only his 2nd goal in Liverpool colours.

SteveFinnan.jpg

Finnan celebrates the opener of the game

At half time the score was 1-0 but Liverpool didn't look to satisfied, they threw away a lot of games in this position last year. But there worrys were soon washed away when Babel made a break, did a 360, got the keeper and defenders in all sorts and smashed one into the bottom right hand corner. It was a bizzare goal but they all count.

with 10 minutes to go, all hope for Tottenham was put to bed as Babel happily accepted a fantastic cross with John Arne Riise and headed it with extreme force that the keeper had no chance. The marking was disgraceful and Babel wasn't challenge as he smashed it into the net.

RyanBabel.jpg

Babel was all smiles after the game after securing 2 goals to help L'pool win

Pepe Reina was delighted after the match, keeping a clean sheet but he sent a lot of credit to his defenders.
"They (Liverpool defenders) played very well, they didn't give Tottenham much and made my job a lot more easier" - Pepe Reina

PepeReina.jpg

Reina was delighted when the referee blew the full time whistle.

Liverpool- 3
Tottenham- 0

Last edited:

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
good win for liverpool much needed one...good way to begin a season..this will increase some confidence

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors

Liverpool FC vs Manchester United

Liverpool have come into this game full of confidence after beating Tottenham 3-0 in the first game to be in first place.

The game was pretty tight early but Liverpool were heartbroken after Smith got onto a rebound from a Rooney shot and calmly shot it into the goal. Manchester United were up 1-0 and were looking good and likely to take out this uncounter.

But Liverpool had different ideas when Alonso smashed one of the best goals you will ever see from 30 meters out, smashing it into the right hand corner. Liverpool were delighted and held onto what they had to keep a draw and get 1 more point.

XabiAlonso.jpg

Alonso was happy after he secured Liverpools first goal of the game.

Torres didn't have his best game but Babel had another good one and Gerrard played fantastically aswell.

Liverpool FC 1
Manchester United 1

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Liverpool FC vs Middlesbrough

Press Conference
Media: How do you feel your team went today?

Benitez: I thought we played really bad in the first half hour, but the fact that they didn't score despite absolutely dominating shows our passion and fighting skills. Our defenders did really well. Our first half was overall a poor effort but a good show of determination.

Media: Do you think you were lucky to win?

Benitez: Not at all, we had a fantastic second half and did well to defend our one goal lead thanks to a Gerrard shot on target.

Media: Big wrap to Reina, has only let in 1 goal so far this season and has made some wonderful saves.

Benitez: Yes, ofcourse. Reina is playing really well at the moment and his good form was shown this afternoon when he kept a clean sheet despite being bombarded with shots.

Media: The same line-up again this week, unchanged for the first 3 games of the season, any changes for the next game?

Benitez: Yes. We are going to give Torres a rest and either play Crouch at CF or move Babel to CF and play Kuyt at SS.

Media: What about Kewell, he isn't in the best of form.

Benitez: Even though Kewell hasn't been to affective I think he has played well, making some helpful saves and giving the first pass which could lead to a goal but that goes unnoticed.

Media: Thanks for your time.

TorresandGerrad.jpg

Torres celebrates with Gerrard after Gerrard smashed one into the bottom right hand corner after 49 minutes.

Liverpool FC 1
Middlesbrough 0

Last edited:

formula1man

International Cricketer
im loving this. Liverpool FTW.
One query in the press it said Liverpool won but score says 1-1 draw?
I am gonna enjoy this story

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Liverpool FC vs Wigan

This was a real hard fought match, with both teams giving it there absolute all but defence was the winner today as only 3 shots were fired in the first half. There was some brilliant mid-field play but a combination of a bad last pass and good defence stopped the ball from hitting the back of either end at the end of 90 minutes.

Crouch came in for Torres and had a real shocker. Babel didn?t have his best game but Gerrard has another cracker winning the man of the match

Press Conference

Media: You boys haven?t dropped a match yet? are you happy withy our efforts

Gerrard: Ofcourse. We are undefeated after the first 4 games of the season, it?s a god feeling

Media: How has your game been feeling

Gerrard: My game is at a real good level. I have hit some nice form that I want to hold onto for as long as possible. The ball has been coming off the boot well.

Media: Thanks Steven.

PepeReina1.jpg

Reina managed to keep another clean sheet, this time against Wigan

Carragher.jpg

Jamie Carragher had a fantastic effort at CB today against Wigan.

Liverpool FC 0
Wigan 0

Users who are viewing this thread