World Cup Looking Ahead to A World Cup.

BlaizFlare

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Can't debut a lad against such a strong side. Team management are probably trying to debut him in easy conditions.

Yeah true, don't think it'd be ideal for him to debut in a high level environment almost immediately, lax conditions like Zimbabwe are good.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yeah true, don't think it'd be ideal for him to debut in a high level environment almost immediately, lax conditions like Zimbabwe are good.
Yeah. Last time we handed a debut to someone in difficult conditions was Amin, it really sort of destroyed his career.

BlaizFlare

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yeah. Last time we handed a debut to someone in difficult conditions was Amin, it really sort of destroyed his career.

Umar Amin, he's pretty good, but that debut was a pretty forgettable one.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Am I the only one who thinks England, despite being the home team, won't reach the final of the tournament?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Am I the only one who thinks England, despite being the home team, won't reach the final of the tournament?
I have that feeling too. The other team who chokes which isn't South Africa. They've reached the final three times over the history of the cup, made semis and when they looked so strong in the CT, their super batting lineup could only get 220 in the semis. I don't think this team either has a capability to win when it matters the most. On paper they are very strong. Things may change when they play the WC.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
It's still not enough cricket to guarantee a spot it the Aus team right away. They won't even be allowed to play domestic cricket during the ban. They must play at least a bit to claim a spot in the team. A year is a long time and in that time players can change. Warner and Smith will not be the same players after the ban as before it. Unless they are stellar in the T20 leagues they play, then I don't see it possible for either of those players to walk straight in when they haven't played quality cricket.
Smith is a bloody mad-man. 1 year can't stop him, this will only increase his hunger for runs.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Smith is a bloody mad-man. 1 year can't stop him, this will only increase his hunger for runs.
Partly agree with this, but it would be true in the case of test matches, not exactly limited over matches.

But for Warner, I’m just waiting for him to come back and smash every bowler at will.

D

Deleted member 46200

Has anyone here got tickets for the world cup yet?
I would usually get tickets for big events through work but my impending redundancy kind of negates that.. I may get some through my Dad so still hope to go. Maybe better as I wont have to take the corporate bull shit and may still get tickets when they're released again in August.

Luke Wilson

School Cricketer
I would usually get tickets for big events through work but my impending redundancy kind of negates that.. I may get some through my Dad so still hope to go. Maybe better as I wont have to take the corporate bull shit and may still get tickets when they're released again in August.

Have you looked at https://icctravelandtours.co.uk/? They're slightly more expensive, but guaranteed tickets and good packages imo.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The thing is that when it comes to serious cricket and big ticket tournaments, Aussies tend to turn up the heat. I'm just worried for them that they might have no rhythm by that time because they don't play or build teams in limited overs anymore.

D

Deleted member 46200

The thing is that when it comes to serious cricket and big ticket tournaments, Aussies tend to turn up the heat. I'm just worried for them that they might have no rhythm by that time because they don't play or build teams in limited overs anymore.
You know it... Being in form now is no guarantee you're going to win the thing... You need to be sharp on the day!

Users who are viewing this thread