Who'll win?

• England

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Australia

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 46200

Damn, intense, Australia fought till the end, excellent fightback from Buttler, to be honest, it always was gonna be exciting, no matter how many wickets are down, and if Buttler is there, he can do his magic, and he's done it again. Overall disappointing from Australia the past 4 matches, especially as they are the current World Cup champions, they definitely need to work on their technique really hard, if they want to defend their title, and, with the Zimbabwe Tri-Series coming, it'll be interesting to see how they do. Hoping for some improvement, because at the rate they're going, they could lose to Zimbabwe, and I don't wanna see that happening tbh.

IMO, low scoring matches are always nail biters.
Always a dip before the crest and that for Australia comes next year x

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Buttler really is becoming one of the best finishers in the modern game. What an absolutely amazing game of cricket. Reminded me of the 2005 Edgbaston game.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
When I finally hit the pillow the Aussies were in the box seat with 2 wickets to fall and the Poms still needing some 60/70 runs. What the hell happened after that. Our greenhorn attack could not provide the coup de grace. Thats what happened. Buttler another terrific knock. He is among the worlds best limited overs batsman at moment imho.

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Buttler really is becoming one of the best finishers in the modern game. What an absolutely amazing game of cricket. Reminded me of the 2005 Edgbaston game.

I understand the point you’re trying to make, but nothing comes close to that match :p

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
The Aussie selectors need to get serious about spin. We lost this series because out batsmen are dreadful against spin.. 25 wicket fell to spin!!! They made good but not great tweakers like Rashid and Ali look like spin masters.. They gifted far too many wickets with poor execution and footwork. Imho this current generation are about the worst I can remember against spin.. even on non turning tracks. I would like to see CA gather Australia's best 30 cricketers for an extensive spin camp up at the Cricket Centre on the specially designed Indian like pitches and analyse just who are the superior players of spin before choosing them for any national sides and embarrassing us.

Last edited:

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
This has lifted me after my post yesterday. Reading this morning that one of our newer recruits keeper/batsman Alex Carey aims to become Australia's premier player of spin. Need more with that attitude Alex.

No doubt overcoming weaknesses against quality spin is a time consuming process. Coming from the WACA which is not exactly noted for spin is a burden West Aussies have to bare. Two that overcome that were Damien Martyn and Michael Hussey. Both finished their careers as superb players of the turning ball.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread