Mar 24 - Australia v India (Quarter-Final 2)

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
India seems to have plenty of Middle over batsmen, i.e. those who can take the singles, get a partnership going. It is just that nobody is really firing down the order in the death overs. That to me could be where India might lose it.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Agree. If I were India, I'd play Sreesanth, but only RELY on him for a few overs. If he's getting good movement and is in the zone, of course he could bowl more, but be prepared to cut your losses if he's bad. He could be the wildcard to break Australia open. If he doesn't come off, then make up the other 35 overs or so with spin: Harbhajan, Ashwin, Yuvraj and Yusuf or even Sehwag - shouldn't be too much trouble. Play Ashwin because if Chawla and Sree play together it might be too much risk.

I think Sreesanth is out of sorts and Dhoni does not break up winning combinations. Dhoni's the kind of guy who tends to go with the flow and probably relies more on instinct than strategy. While I'd support Piyush Chawla in the match on the basis of the Aussie performances against spin from Zimbabwe and Kenya, and the warmup game, I can't see the combination changing too much. Expect Sehwag to come in for Raina and that's about it. Even Yusuf, who has flopped in the tournament, will likely retain his place, though I feel that would be wrong decision.

sifter132 said:
Be interested to see if the selectors stay with Cameron White for the big match. Everyone's talking about Dave Hussey as his replacement, but if he does go, I'd pick Ferguson myself. We don't need Dave's off spinners - he'd be the 7th bowler if he was used, and Michael Clarke is basically as effective, plus he spins the ball the other way to Krejza. If Steve Smith gets dropped, THEN you pick Dave Hussey as your 6th bowler and drop White down to #7.

What's the point of White at 7? They don't seem to want to bowl him anyway. Might as well dump him for Fergusson, or even Dave Hussey the batsman.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Telling Haddin to bat long has been a mistake really. I remember reading (from Tim Neilsen or Justin Langer) that the openers were aiming to bat 20 overs. I think they should be aiming at 10, and then one of them should be going hard during the bowling PP - preferably Haddin at the moment because his middle over run milking stinks. That 10-15 over period is a great time to attack because the opening bowlers are done and it can unsettle the 3rd and 4th bowlers.

Oh didn't read about that, thought they were expecting them to go 50 overs. Totally agree though, one if not both of the openers should be going at it. Infact both should play their natural game, the game against NZ was perfect batting from the openers.

Atharv

Club Cricketer
Dhoni is unlikely to change the winning combination . Only change is Sehwag in place or Raina or Yusuf . Most probably Raina would miss the game .

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
What's the point of White at 7? They don't seem to want to bowl him anyway. Might as well dump him for Fergusson, or even Dave Hussey the batsman.

Mainly because they won't drop him so we may as well put him in a position where he is only there to slog. If we do keep the same side I'd be moving Hussey and Smith up one and moving White to 7, Smith has shown he can score close to a run a ball when he comes in and if he gets time to get his eye in then we might finally see him unleash in the ODI format.

ammar26

School Cricketer
the only Indian bowler impressed me so far in the tournament is Zaheer Khan
Other bowlers really need to do well if India want this game to win

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So Australia Or India be ready to face Pakistan judging how the match has progressed

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Heard they are preparing a spinner friendly track . That is a sick mentality imo . A pitch is supposed to be played in its typical nature of wicket . Motera is supposedly the fastest track in India , but given India possess classy pace bowling talents (:rolleyes) , the curator makes it spin friendly especially with the Aussies boasting a deadly trio in Lee-Johnson-Tait :facepalm

----------

And how would the Indians feel if the Pakistani & Sri lankan national anthems were sung on April , 2 , 2011 at the Wankhede ?? :p

Kabooka

International Cricketer
But you know how the Indian media would react if Sreesanth is included and India lose the match.
They'd crush his balls man.

This time it will be a hooded claw coming for his gonads.

----------

Heard they are preparing a spinner friendly track . That is a sick mentality imo . A pitch is supposed to be played in its typical nature of wicket . Motera is supposedly the fastest track in India , but given India possess classy pace bowling talents (:rolleyes) , the curator makes it spin friendly especially with the Aussies boasting a deadly trio in Lee-Johnson-Tait :facepalm

----------

And how would the Indians feel if the Pakistani & Sri lankan national anthems were sung on April , 2 , 2011 at the Wankhede ?? :p

A pitch in all means should be fair and not tailor made to suit any one particular side.

------

Same as what the English will feel if the Pakistani and the Sri Lankan national anthems are sung in the Buckingham Place (Not very good)!!!

Also if India beat Aussies tomorrow im sure that the cup will find its way to India.

jacobfelix

International Coach
Same with Harbhajan, he can't come back in form so soon. :facepalm

Harbhajan is having lots of "off the field" worries with respect to actress Geeta Basra....:p that stupid girl has told him "marry soon else its off"....this guy is saying " want to concentrate on cricket for some more years"....so off she went saying the marriage is pfffffffttttt.....:lol

Since his cricket is going nowhere off late, I feel its better he marries her and goes honeymooning somewhere..... :D

Users who are viewing this thread