Marketing cricket.

Should cricket try to do a better job marketing?

• Yes, they should market cricket more like baseball.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes,they should try to get more people around the world apart from the former colonies interested.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • They are doing ok...but marketing still needs improvement.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No...they are doing well...people other than expats or from the former colonies wouldn't bother.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

LA ICE-E

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
why don't they ever release cricket games for the americas....i'm sure there's quite a bit of people that would buy it even if not as much as other places...like madden is released everywhere even though A. Football its only played in usa n canada mainly.....that could even introduce some new people to the sport....cricket is not being marketed well in my opinion...cricket games,outfits,etc. should be marketed everywhere and should be done right...look at the NY yankees cap....everyones wearing it even people from countries that dont event play baseball...there should be more comercials to put hype into cricket events...cricket should do a better job marketing and try to reach more people than just the former colonies & expats instead try to put interest into new peoples minds that never hard of cricket before...cricket should be marketed better......

Edit
:Sorry about the poll...I'll try to make more sense...
*Should cricket try to do a better job marketing?
1.Yes, they should market cricket more like baseball.
2.Yes,they should try to get more people around the world, apart from the former colonies, interested.
3.They are doing ok...but marketing still needs improvement.
4.No...they are doing well...people other than expats or from the former colonies wouldn't bother.

Last edited:
In terms of cricket games it understandable that there arent any in America because it would cost too much to release it there and it would result in no profit for the makers. At least TAOC will be available everywhere.

where's the hype for cricketing events from comercials and etc? there should be comercials in the americas promoting cricket and puting some hype to any cricketing events....

Why if it's only going to be targetting an audience of mainly ex WIndies, ex-Pakistanis, ex indians, etc when they make up a couple of percent of the population.

It wouldn't be proffitable.

Lets face it USA hosted the FIFA World Cup (the world's biggest sporting event by audience) and most Americans didnt have a clue it was happening so what chance does cricket have?

Sureshot said:
Why if it's only going to be targetting an audience of mainly ex WIndies, ex-Pakistanis, ex indians, etc when they make up a couple of percent of the population.

It wouldn't be proffitable.
exactly my point its targeting the expats... dont want that...the comercials should target everyone not just expats...

Expatriate. People that have moved and relocated from another country. So say someone lived in Ireland, and then moved to live in the USA. He would be an Irish Expat living in the USA.

edit - He would have to be Irish.

LA ICE-E said:
exactly my point its targeting the expats... dont want that...the comercials should target everyone not just expats...

But why target an audience that isn't interested?

to get them intrested...and it's not just targeting them it's targeting the one's intrested and the one's not yet intrested....or you can never spread the game and if they game cant expand than it cant exist as a gobal sport in the long term

To be honest it would be pointless for big companies to market their games in places like America. Marketing takes a lot of financial backing and is a long process.

As people have said, there may be certain people interested in cricket in America, but not enough for companies to go market the game out there. The high chance of failure could cost them substantial amounts.

I feel sympathy for those like yourself that do have a clear interest, but something major would have to happen in order for cricket to be marketed over there.

Yes, especially considering the scheme to promote cricket to the US ghettos was opposed and ended by the ICC (please do not ask me why).

im not going to ask why but i need the source where you got that from...cause it shouldn't matter if people are in the ghettos or in prepy land- thats kind of segragation....ok a major event is happening next year in the america's the world cup....

Before cricket game developers delve into aiming cricket games at the US the US has to show interest in Cricket outside the expat 'zones' which it isn't, it'll always be behind Baseball as a bat and ball sport.

And the WIndies may be in the Americas but it's in a whole different Cricket world to the US.

Sureshot said:
Before cricket game developers delve into aiming cricket games at the US the US has to show interest in Cricket outside the expat 'zones' which it isn't, it'll always be behind Baseball as a bat and ball sport.

And the WIndies may be in the Americas but it's in a whole different Cricket world to the US.
hey if you can show how cool and interesting cricket is and market it right americans will get interested; most americans always want to try new things and they really never hard of cricket so if they get to know what cricket it through tv intrest will be gained...

Users who are viewing this thread