Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

I finished day 5 of the 2nd test match as South Africa, and am pleased to say that I could salvage a draw on Veteran.:cheers It took great concentration and a lot of patience. I'm still trailing 1-0 in the 3 test series. Now heading to Sydney to try and draw the series.:yes

What are your tips for spinners? I find that I misjudge the drift a lot and end up playing a defensive shot down the wrong line, leading to LBW. It's a bit safer, if anything, to try a leg glance.
Playing it late and watching the ball till the end waiting for it to spin and play the shot accordingly...The thing is I play without Aerial circle assist...So I think that makes it easier to play, just watch the ball and play....

1st one dayer SA vs AUS batting with both teams.
great hundred with AB :)
now i have to try & chase this down with AUS tomorrow.

Attachments

• 100_0436.JPG
    100_0436.JPG
    435.5 KB · Views: 22
My first two group games of my t20 world cup and both matches have been epic! Cant wait to start my final group game against India.

Attachments

• 20140903_114706.jpg
    20140903_114706.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20140901_180832.jpg
    20140901_180832.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 17
End of day 3.

jceAO5r.png

Lost 2 wickets towards the end of the day but still a very good response from Zimbabwe thanks to a huge opening partnership.

pncrTej.png

End of day 3.

jceAO5r.png

Lost 2 wickets towards the end of the day but still a very good response from Zimbabwe thanks to a huge opening partnership.

pncrTej.png
Wow, mate awesome batting...Could have scores that much expected double century but great going.....[DOUBLEPOST=1410330521][/DOUBLEPOST]
1st one dayer SA vs AUS batting with both teams.
great hundred with AB :)
now i have to try & chase this down with AUS tomorrow.
Great scorecard...Which difficulty??

Amateur gonna bump it up to pro when the console patch comes out.
but at the moment amateur is my best level for realistic scores.

started the chase off well,left myself needing too many runs in the last 5 overs.
then steyn came back took a hat trick & cue the monumental collapse.
still managed to get it down to 6 off the last ball but warner missed it.
exciting game though.

Attachments

• 100_0438.JPG
    100_0438.JPG
    460.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_0441.JPG
    100_0441.JPG
    370.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Just started my first non-career game, trying to play through the 2005 Ashes series with the Aussies. All out for 290 in the first innings, but after we had a middle order batting collapse of 5 wickets for 54 runs, I'll take that. Going to have to bowl well though, but too tired now so will try that tomorrow. Brett Lee was top scorer on 77, haha! Martyn and Ponting fell just before they reached fifty, and Warne added a nice thirty or so.

End of day 4.

YOGVfZS.png

RgJ3lvg.png

yFFCtLt.png

New Zealand batting to save the match with just one day to go...

well played that game from 1 week and now ordering it for my brother too.Good game.
There are some cons but the game is good.

Just started my first non-career game, trying to play through the 2005 Ashes series with the Aussies. All out for 290 in the first innings, but after we had a middle order batting collapse of 5 wickets for 54 runs, I'll take that. Going to have to bowl well though, but too tired now so will try that tomorrow. Brett Lee was top scorer on 77, haha! Martyn and Ponting fell just before they reached fifty, and Warne added a nice thirty or so.

Quality. I was playing a bit of 2005 stuff on the xbox but not done it yet on PC. Are you using my 2005 teams?

Ive created a custom match type, 2-innings per teams enforced closure after 80 overs, new ball after 40 overs. Keeps bowling to the AI more interesting as you know theres a limit on it and you're never too far from a new ball.

Set up a 6-team league to lay this format and currently in the first game. In real trouble - my barbarians are 111/7 after just 30 overs with another 224 to win. Real indignity is we're playing the "England's Worst" team I made and Min Patel and Martin McCaugue have seriously caused me a mischief! Made a 50 with Kim Hughes in the first inningsand another from Wilf Rhodes in the 2nd, but definitely facing defeat.

End of day 5 and it's a draw.

E5IndlD.png

d2XOFJN.png

Just about saw it through to the end with New Zealand. The highlight being the dismissal of McCullum towards the end of the match...

Chatara nipped one back into McCullum, playing defensively I played down the wrong line and was hit on the pads (no batting reviews left) umpire gives it, I check ''Ant Vision'' and the ball is going over the top of the stumps by a fair amount! Love it when stuff like this happens as it adds to the realism :) (even if it does go against you).

I don't think that i'll be playing another test match anytime soon as they do take a while to complete but I will now be moving up a difficulty to PRO :yes

Great scorecard, looks like it was an exciting finish.
Good luck moving up to pro.
I really like it, biggest differences I found were the subtle changes in spin & the quicks are quite a lot faster.
Can't score any runs off johnson but I suppose that's realistic being english lol.

Just finished the 3rd and final test as South Africa vs Australia on Veteran at the SCG. And what a test it was. On a wicket that would definitely suit the spinners on day 5, I won the toss and chose to bat. There wasn't much movement for the seamers, but the spinner made things difficult. A brilliant hundred by AB and a great partnership between du Plessis and Elgar propelled me to a very competitive score of 407.

Australia started very well and my bowlers struggled. Rogers and Warner threatened to take the game away from me, but when Steyn bowled Warner with a brilliant inswinger, I started to claw my way back and took big wickets at crucial times. The tail wagged in the end, frustrating me to death, but at last I bowled them out for 354. Rogers top-scoring with a brilliant 120. I had a handy lead of 53.

I came out to bat and started well. A solid opening stand between Elgar and Peterson of 42, before Elgar nicked one from Lyon. Du Plessis joined Peterson at the wicket, and a brilliant partnership of 191 put me in control of the match, or so I thought. Peterson threw his wicket away after a brilliant knock of 111 and chipped a regular Lyon delivery straight to mid-on. Du Plessis fell agonisingly short of his 100 in the most unlucky of ways. Getting bowled by a bouncer, that ricocheted of the helmet onto the stumps. What followed was a mini collapse. I got bundled out for 316, trying to force a higher run-rate. Leaving Australia a target of 370 at around tea on day 4.

A brilliant spell by Philander early on, and Australia was 2 down in no time. Then Imran Tahir came on, and as I predicted, the pitch was starting to wear out. 3 wickets to Tahir and Australia were in tatters at the close of day 4, being 113/5, still needing a lot of runs.

Day 5 started and Australia made a solid start, but lost their 6th wicket on 158. They survived till lunch, but then lost two quick wickets in succession and suddenly they were 193/8. I thought the game was wrapped up. Then the tail started to wag. A brilliant partnership between Harris and Siddle made me very nervous. Finally just before tea Tahir struck, when Harris chipped a ball straight to mid-on! I screamed! Breaking an 80 run stand, and Australia were 277/9. Tahir had 5 wickets. After tea Lyon and Siddle stood firm. I was getting really nervous. They were getting closer to the target and my fast bowlers were fatigued. Time was also starting to run out, as 5pm passed. I had Tahir, and part-timer du Plessis on, trying desperately to get the final wicket, when at last du Plessis bowled to Siddle, just on legstump. Siddle played it on the legside, it was in the air, when Alviro Peterson took a blinder of a catch! Australia was all out for 332 at 5:19 PM, falling 37 runs short. I screamed again, more out of relieve than anything else.

I won the test match, and drawn the series 1-1. Thanks Big Ant for making this experience possible. You really created a special product!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread