No Requests mattyyy__g's (Mostly) 90's kits. My last 2 kits

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So here is my collection of kits from what I consider to be the best time for kit designs in cricket. Maybe it was because it's then when I started following cricket, or it was when kit designs were actually about the design of the kit rather than just a place to sponsor logo.

Over time I will add more kits when I can. I am happy to take requests however they must be from the 90's. If anyone wishes to edit my kits where they think they can make any improvements, feel free however please show them to me! Also happy to hear any constructive feedback where you think improvements can be made.

CURRENT KITS

1994-1996 Australia ODI
1994-1996 Australian domestic competition (Mercantile Mutual Cup)
1996 West Indies ODI (Tour of Australia)
1995-1996 Sri Lanka ODI(Tour of Australia)
1994-1995 England ODI (Tour of Australia)
1994-1995 Zimbabwe ODI (Tour of Australia)

2005-2007 Australia ODI (Home and Away)
2004-2006 Australian Domestic Competition (ING Cup)
1994-1996 Australian One Day Domestic Competition (Mercantile Mutual Cup) Caps

When making these kits I created a pair of plain trousers with no sponsor logos or other markings as they were back in the day. However, as I was learning how to mod at the time, I made the red and green channels for the shirts back to front. So for the shirts and trousers to match, the trousers need to be a completely green photoshop channel. Here is the pants' file that I use for these kits.

Last edited:

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
*EDIT*
I HAVE UPDATED THIS SET OF KITS. THE NEW DOWNLOAD CAN NOW BE FOUND HERE

Firstly
Australia's 1994-1995 ODI. (My personal favourite)
This can also be altered to become Australia A's kit for the same season. The only issue with that is there is a colour change in the ACB logo due to that. However not a huge issue.

1995 Australia Front.png 1995 Australia Side.png 1995 Australia Back.png 1995 Australia A Front.png 1995 Australia A Side.png 1995 Australia A Back.png

Attachments

• tops.zip
    108.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
*EDIT*
I HAVE UPDATED THIS SET OF KITS. THE NEW DOWNLOAD CAN NOW BE FOUND HERE

1994-1996 Australian domestic competition (Mercantile Mutual Cup)
The beauty of designs from this season was that all the teams in the Mercantile Mutual Cup had the same base template. A bonus for DBC14 as one pattern covers all 6 teams meaning room for more mods.

1995 Tasmania Front.png 1995 Tasmania Side.png 1995 Tasmania Back.png 1995 South Australia Front.png 1995 South Australia Side.png 1995 South Australia Back.png

Last edited:

ABHIII

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sheer Classics.. I guess Pakistan also played in the World Series..

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow, these are great! World Series "lightening bolt" kits are easily my favourite from that magical era

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
was this the same kit sri lanka were playing in when emmerson called murali for throwing? i think so - it was similar anyway and they were playing Windies in a WSC match
I know the one you are thinking of. Yes, it is the same template just dfferent colours of course. I'm not sure if there is something else on the arm in place of the palm tree. I'll have to dig up a few old images and find out. I was actually planning on working on that one next.

Wow, these are great! World Series "lightening bolt" kits are easily my favourite from that magical era
Thanks mate. The lightning bolts are pretty sweet. Have a couple in my own personal collection. They are on the adgenda once I finish the teams from the 94-95-96 seasons.

Sheer Classics.. I guess Pakistan also played in the World Series..
Yes they did. They, wore the Lightning Bolt design in the 92-93 season against Australia and the West Indies. Also played in Australia during the 96-97 season wearing a green top with blue stripes coming half way up from the bottom. I'm pretty sure they won that series (But I think that the World Series title was dropped by then.

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
EDIT - UPDATED KIT CAN BE FOUND HERE

Sri Lanka ODI kit from the 1995-96 tri series in Australia. As stated above, kit worn when Murali was called for throwing.
sri lanka front.png sri lanka side.png sri lanka back.png

Last edited:

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
UPDATE
I have also added the patterns for the vests and jumper for all kits above. Still being new to this, they completely crossed my mind and I did not notice until I tried to play a match wearing my updated kits and the vests and jumper were a different design.

I have been trying to work out how to put the WSC logo on all of the international teams but am not having any luck moving sponsors to the other side of the shirt (as this is where the WSC logo was positioned for those kits. I am not sure if it not showing up simply because that is where the team logo is positioned in the game or wether I am just doing something wrong with the template in photoshop. Any tips for editing sponsors would be greatly appreciated.

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
UPDATE
I have also added the patterns for the vests and jumper for all kits above. Still being new to this, they completely crossed my mind and I did not notice until I tried to play a match wearing my updated kits and the vests and jumper were a different design.

I have been trying to work out how to put the WSC logo on all of the international teams but am not having any luck moving sponsors to the other side of the shirt (as this is where the WSC logo was positioned for those kits. I am not sure if it not showing up simply because that is where the team logo is positioned in the game or wether I am just doing something wrong with the template in photoshop. Any tips for editing sponsors would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, the team logo (on left side of chest), always is shown in game on top of any sponsor template. It means that we have to settle for either using a mod without a team logo, or place any logo meant for the left side of the chest somewhere else on the kit. In the past I have opted for placing the 'WSC' logo on the opposite side of the chest. For the 1992-1994 'Lightning Bolt' kits that I have been developing and are near completion, I am planning to place the WSC logo on the middle of the left sleeve as I wish to retain the 'ISC' logo on the right side of the chest.

I accept that this is not completely accurate, however I take the view that what I produce for Planet Cricket is a representation of the original kit, not necessarily 100 percent accurate, as we have little choice but to sometimes compromise.

As an old friend once said to me, "A little bit of something is better than all of nothing!" In this case given what the Planet Cricket community have given us, I believe we have a lot of something.

By the way, I really like the work you are doing here. Keep it up and don't be afraid to try different things as that's how we all learn and continue to improve our work.

I look forward to seeing what you produce in the future!

Last edited:

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Unfortunately, the team logo (on left side of chest), always is shown in game on top of any sponsor template. It means that we have to settle for either using a mod without a team logo, or place any logo meant for the left side of the chest somewhere else on the kit. In the past I have opted for placing the 'WSC' logo on the opposite side of the chest. For the 1992-1994 'Lightning Bolt' kits that I have been developing and are near completion, I am planning to place the WSC logo on the middle of the left sleeve as I wish to retain the 'ISC' logo on the right side of the chest.

I accept that this is not completely accurate, however I take the view that what I produce for Planet Cricket is a representation of the original kit, not necessarily 100 percent accurate, as we have little choice but to sometimes compromise.

As an old friend once said to me, "A little bit of something is better than all of nothing!" In this case given what the Planet Cricket community have given us, I believe we have a lot of something.

By the way, I really like the work you are doing here. Keep it up and don't be afraid to try different things as that's how we all learn and continue to improve our work.

I look forward to seeing what you produce in the future!
Thanks mate, I really appreciate it. I haven't actually updated my team logo's yet so I haven't been playing with them showing on the shirt. I did try and expirement with one of the logos by moving it to where I expected it would show up on the other side but instead, the logo disapeared completely. I'm sure I'll get it worked out after a while.

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia

England's 1994-1995 tour of Australia ODI
The Union Jack on the arm could be better but will do for now.
England Front.png England Side.png England Back.png

Last edited:

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia

Zimbabwe 1994-1995 tour of Australia ODI
Zimbabwe Front.png Zimbabwe Side.png Zimbabwe Back.png

Last edited: