No Requests mattyyy__g's (Mostly) 90's kits. My last 2 kits

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's awesome mate can't wait to load these up. I created teams for every kit you made but I can't upload them to the academy :-/

Are you looking at finishing off the decade with 1998/99 and 1999/00 kits?

Thanks mate. I should have a crack at them so we have the whole decade covered on here. Hopefully I can make a start on them within the next few weeks. I'm pretty sure that was the time touring teams started bringing their own kits down under and not using the kits that the ACB provided them so that should be interesting. I've always wanted to have a go at Sri Lanka's "checkerboard" design they had in 1998.

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
Thanks mate. I should have a crack at them so we have the whole decade covered on here. Hopefully I can make a start on them within the next few weeks. I'm pretty sure that was the time touring teams started bringing their own kits down under and not using the kits that the ACB provided them so that should be interesting. I've always wanted to have a go at Sri Lanka's "checkerboard" design they had in 1998.

That's awesome mate. Any chance you could try making the kits from ICC Champions Trophy 2000 that was played in Kenya?

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
That's awesome mate. Any chance you could try making the kits from ICC Champions Trophy 2000 that was played in Kenya?
I can give them a go mate. They're close enough to the 90's for me. It will be a little while before I can make a start on them as I am currently working on the Australia/Domestic and touring nations kits from 1998-2000 (an not to mention I am a very infrequent modder)but once I have my current lot finished, I'll get onto them for you.

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
I can give them a go mate. They're close enough to the 90's for me. It will be a little while before I can make a start on them as I am currently working on the Australia/Domestic and touring nations kits from 1998-2000 (an not to mention I am a very infrequent modder)but once I have my current lot finished, I'll get onto them for you.

Thanks a lot mate. Better late than never.

clivelloyd

Club Cricketer
Hi mattyyy wold you consider perhaps making Sheffield Shield kits from say 1982-88, big fan of the that era, Ian Botham and Imran played here during that era

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi mattyyy wold you consider perhaps making Sheffield Shield kits from say 1982-88, big fan of the that era, Ian Botham and Imran played here during that era
I don't know if there is much I can do of those as from my understanding the kits were just plain white with no sponsors or colours. Do you have any examples of the kits you want to see?

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Sorry correct you are about the shield ones's, i meant the 1988-90 FAI Insurance Cup and 1987-88 McDonalds Cup state kits with badges sorry about that. Apologies also to mattyyy. Here is a website with some of the kits
The Wasted Afternoons: Every Australian domestic one-day uniform ever
No worries mate. I know the kit's you are talking of now, I've read that blog before and it's very informative, I don't necessary agree with what they have to say as they seemed to really bag out my two favourite kits on there! I can have a look at them when I have finished what's on my to-do list. Mind you, it will be a while as like I have mentioned above, I am a very infrequent modder and usually only jump onto photoshop and do some mods when I have nothing else to do. If any of the other modders want to take these on so clivelloyd can start using these kits in a reasonable amount of time, feel free to. Just let me know so when I do eventually get around to making them, we don't double up.

clivelloyd

Club Cricketer
Thanks mate I appreciate that, I totally understand any work produced whenever is greatly appreciated on my part. Since the brilliant francobaldo 1 hack the game feels refreshed and alive again and am loving DBC 14 again finally.

Darshil08

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Ok so here is the first set of kits to be re-released.
1994-1996 Mercantile Mutual Cup.
With this update, I've made up some new team logos for the hats and shirts. I've also made up some new sponsor logos for the shirts (which is essentially the Mercantile Mutual logo and an ISC patch for each team). Plus a new kit shirt as due to the new sponsor logo files, I no longer need the Mercantile Mutual Cup logo part of the shirt design.

The hat and sponsor files are in the "individual team" folder set up but the new tops are in the original file setup as the same design applies to all teams.

To install the new caps, logos, shirts and sponsors simply extract the contents of the attached file to your textures folder where the rest of your mods are kept.

I've given this a quick test with a game between South Australia and Tasmania. Here are some shots.
View attachment 166352 View attachment 166353 View attachment 166354 View attachment 166355

Hope you enjoy them and as always, if you have any feedback regarding my mods, I would love to hear from you.
IMG_2784.JPG IMG_2801.JPG IMG_2803.JPG IMG_2802.JPG

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
OK.......

So I know it's been an awful long time since I've posted anything. I started work on some kits from the end of the decade and got a couple done. During that time making them I was working on them for shorter periods of time and also more infrequently as the weeks and months went by. And essentially I've lost the passion I once had for making these. Also coupled with the fact that more people are now switching over to DBC17 which I'm not using yet, I've decided I've had enough of modding.

Here are the last 2 kits I've made up. England and Pakistan who toured Australia during the end of the 90's with these kits.

1.png 2.png 3.png
4.png 5.png 6.png

As per usual. Just extract the contents of the file directly to your teams sub folder in the DBC textures folder.

I'm sorry to the users who I didn't end up making the kits they requested (although even the most patient of gamers probably would have given up waiting by now).

Attachments

• England 1998.zip
    202.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Pakistan 1999.zip
    167 KB · Views: 8

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looks great @mattyyy__g sorry to see you leave the scene, I've given up on DBC 17 and headed back to DBC 14

mattyyy__g

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I thought I should also put up my full portfolio for anybody who wants to use any of my kits in the future. You can download the whole lot and just install whichever mods you want to use from there. Most savvy users here should be able to understand the setup of the file.

Now I am quite unfamiliar with the modding setup for DBC17 however, if it is possible to do so, I have no objections if anybody wished to convert these to the format needed for DBC17 and uploaded under their own username. (I do ask to be credited with the original file which it was converted from but I am sure everyone here would do that anyway). The more people embracing the modding side of DBC, the better.

So thanks for the ride over the last couple of years guys! I'll still be lurking in the shadows of planetcricket downloading all the best mods that appear so I can play in them myself. I've got my steam link up and running so no I can finally enjoy the masterpiece that is Don Bradman Cricket in my living room on the big screen instead of the dark pokey computer room and looking forward to getting into the game seriously now instead of mainly playing just to test my mods.

Attachments

• Complete Kits Portfolio.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 14

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I'm loving this! I have a request if you're doing any of these in the coming days - please make the NZ kit which they wore on the occasion of the first T20I? If you don't want then let it be. :)

Users who are viewing this thread