No Requests Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): 1990's Bat and Equipment Sponsor Pack Released

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello everyone

I just wanted to start by thanking every modder in the community for the quality mods that have been uploaded to this forum so far. It really does improve on the original product.

I have now set up links for all of my mods here so they are all accessible from the one place.

KITS

1978/79 World Series Cricket Kits

No Requests - Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): CUB Series 1996/97 to 1998/99 kits released | Page 4 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

1979/80 World Series Cup Kits

No Requests - Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): CUB Series 1996/97 to 1998/99 kits released | Page 5 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

1980/81 - 1983/84 World Series Cup Kits

No Requests - Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): CUB Series 1996/97 to 1998/99 kits released | Page 5 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

1988 - 1992 World Series Cup Kits

No Requests - Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): CUB Series 1996/97 to 1998/99 kits released | Page 3 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

1992/93 - 1993/94 World Series Cup Kits

No Requests - Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): CUB Series 1996/97 to 1998/99 kits released | Page 6 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

1996 World Cup

No Requests - Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): CUB Series 1996/97 to 1998/99 kits released | Page 2 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

1996/97 to 1998/99 Carlton & United Series Kits

No Requests - Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): CUB Series 1996/97 to 1998/99 v2.0 kits released | Page 7 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

1990's Test Kits

No Requests - Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): CUB Series 1996/97 to 1998/99 kits released | Page 3 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

2002 England ODI and EA Cricket 2002 England Kit

No Requests - Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): CUB Series 1996/97 to 1998/99 kits released | Page 4 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

BATS

1990's Bat and Equipment Sponsor Pack (24 Bats & 6 Sponsors)

No Requests - Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): 1990's Bat and Equipment Sponsor Pack Released | Page 8 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

Gray-Nicolls Powerspot

No Requests - Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): CUB Series 1996/97 to 1998/99 kits released - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

Gray-Nicolls Powerspot Giant

No Requests - Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): CUB Series 1996/97 to 1998/99 kits released - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

Wills Kings

Gray-Nicolls Elite

No Requests - Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): CUB Series 1996/97 to 1998/99 kits released | Page 2 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

St Peter "The Master"

Here is my first attempt; a Gray Nicolls Powerspot Supreme. I had the 'Giant' version of this back in the late 1980's and scored my maiden 1st Grade club century with it. This bat brings back a lot of great memories and given that there are not many retro bat mods on this forum, I though that this might be of use to those like me who like playing DBC14 with the 80's and 90's teams from the academy.

Please keep in mind that this is a first attempt and I would appreciate any constructive feedback including tips that anyone might have.

Just place the bat in the following location

My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\characters\sponsors

If you do not wish to overwrite one of your favourite bats just rename it to one of the others in the directory.

Enjoy!

GN Powerspot 1.jpg GN Powerspot 4.jpg GN Powerspot 3.jpg
GN Powerspot 8.jpg GN Powerspot 6.jpg GN Powerspot 5.jpg

Attachments

• GN_Powerspot.rar
    12.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

swisscheese

Club Captain
good start mate! modding really brings out the best in the game itself!! love retro mods myself but never really got around making em.looking forward to more cool retro bats & kits!!:thumbs:D

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
good start mate! modding really brings out the best in the game itself!! love retro mods myself but never really got around making em.looking forward to more cool retro bats & kits!!:thumbs:D

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

I have found this morning a promotional picture of the Gray Nicolls Bat range from the mid 1980's. 'The Giant' version of the GN Powerspot is included with a couple of other bats. I have included the picture below.

I have started on 'The Giant' today and hope to have it available soon after it is tested. :D

1985 GN Range.jpg

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Hello everyone

As I said on Saturday I have been working on "The Giant" version of the Gray-Nicolls Powerspot from the 1980's. Here is the first release with a few screenshots.

As before any feedback or suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Just place the bat in the following location:
My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\characters\sponsors

GN PS Giant 1.jpg GN PS Giant 2.jpg GN PS Giant 3.jpg GN PS Giant 4.jpg GN PS Giant 5.jpg

Attachments

• core_col.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

swisscheese

Club Captain
hey great work on the jersey do you think its possible you can do the 1996 world cup jersey for pakistan and the wills kings bat?
45500-.jpeg

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
hey great work on the jersey do you think its possible you can do the 1996 world cup jersey for pakistan and the wills kings bat?
45500-.jpeg

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

The 1996 Wills World Cups Kits are actually on my list of projects to complete and the easy part is that they appear to be a common uniform for each team, with merely the use of each nations sporting colours. My only concern is how to manage the multi coloured chevrons above the coloured band that included the teams name as the kit template can only handle 4 colours. I may be able to use the sponsorship template as an overlay however there will be a bit of trial and error involved. I am happy to start this for you though as I do enjoy a challenge!

As far as the bat is concerned it should be fairly easy. As you can see from the pictures below, I have found some high quality photos with just 5 minutes of searching to give me an idea of how the decals are positioned. I don't think that this bat will take me long.

Watch this space...

Wills Kings 1.jpg Wills Kings 3.jpg Wills Kings 4.jpg Wills Kings.jpg

swisscheese

Club Captain
yeah mate that'll do just fine! this bat and that world cup brings back alot of memories! take ur time with the jerseys can imagine working all those colors in to be quite the pain given only 4 color options in the game itself making it a part of the sponsors might be the only way i guess. best of luck! :thumbs:D

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
yeah mate that'll do just fine! this bat and that world cup brings back alot of memories! take ur time with the jerseys can imagine working all those colors in to be quite the pain given only 4 color options in the game itself making it a part of the sponsors might be the only way i guess. best of luck! :thumbs:D

As requested by swisscheese, here is the "Wills Kings" cricket bat as used by the Pakistan Cricket Team during the 1996 Wills World Cup.

There are a couple of versions of the bat, this one is as per the photo that swisscheese posted in his request. The other one as I posted in the photos above is a later version used in late 1996 and into 1997. I am going to make this bat too as it merely has additional labels on the back and side.

Watch this space...
Wills 1.jpg Wills 2.jpg wills 3.jpg wills 4.jpg Wills 5.jpg Wills 6.jpg

Attachments

• loop_col.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 33

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
You're welcome. I'm pleased that you like it.

I have also started on the 1996 World Cup kit. Hopefully that one wont take too long!

I have only been able to spend a short time on the 1996 World Cup Kits however so far I have the base template completed.

Next step is to apply the rainbow coloured chevrons to the sponsor template along with the team names and the "Wills" sponsorship logo.

WC 1996 (Draft) 2.jpg

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
spot on quincy! cant wait to see the finished version!!!!:thumbs

Here is another progress update to the 1996 Wills World Cup kits. As you can see I have been able to apply the 'Wills' logo and coloured chevrons to the front of the kit, plus I have found the correct font for the team names, however the sponsorship template has limitations as to where objects will overlay and unfortunately that does not apply to the needed places on the back of the shirt or sleeves.

I will though use a work around with less colours for the chevrons to at least give an approximate appearance on the kit, however the kit template is limited to 3 colours (red, green, blue) plus black by using the alpha layer.

Watch this space...

WC 1996 (Draft)3.jpg

swisscheese

Club Captain
hey bro long time hows it going!? did you manage to get time to work on the kit? the last update looked pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
hey bro long time hows it going!? did you manage to get time to work on the kit? the last update looked pretty cool.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Swisscheese, sorry about the delay with this one. I have been very busy with work for the last month so I have only had a limited time to work on the kit.

The biggest challenge is to overcome the issue of a limit of 4 colours per kit that Bigant Studios have imposed and this has been a problem with trying to find a way to include the several different coloured arrows that need to be included across the chest and arms of the kit itself. I have through trial and error found a way to blend some colours to allow for a couple more colour variation although there are still limitations.

I now plan to release a 'Beta' copy of the kit later in the week for trial use and I am happy for members of the Planetcricket community to play with the template to improve on it if possible. I know that there are others who have had more experience than me with making kits, particularly SnowyCasanova, and I welcome any help I can get.

Thank you though for this request, as I have certainly improved my kit making skills by attempting this.

Users who are viewing this thread