Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
MattW Downloads

This is something I put together quickly for personal use in game, it's not up to my usual standards for downloads - but while we await more modding, here's a simple international logo pack - which replaces the country flags in the menus and the overlay hud.

Some of it is very rough, I'd hope to do a proper pack in the future, but am waiting the final word on how modding will be done.

Install by making a 'textures' folder in the Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14 folder (or using your existing one) and extracting it so that the UI folder is a direct subfolder. Obviously don't overwrite anything if you're using other mods.

You'll have seen previews in some of my previous videos and screenshots.

Attachments

• logopack.7z
    1.5 MB · Views: 964

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
nice work Mattw.:)
hey could you upload the emblems also.....
Here.

This goes in the textures/characters folder - make a characters folder if you don't have one and then make sure this is directly in there as an 'emblems' folder.

As I noted a while back, these look good with full colour logos, but really bad for ones like England or NZ where they are usually different colours between the kit and the helmet, or different colours on ODI/Test kits.

Attachments

• emblems.7z
    552.7 KB · Views: 697

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I had to...

attachment.php

Download is attached, see included readme file for installation instructions.

Attachments

• chicken-stumps.7z
    62 KB · Views: 71
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 3,419

savvart

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
thx for the chicken stumps...

I am unable to open the .dds sponsor files even though I can work with other .dds files as nvidia's plugin is installed...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
As I don't use Photoshop I can't really advise - my method is to use software called XnView to convert the DDS to PNG, edit the PNG and then convert back using a tool called DDSConverter.

Maybe there's something the Photoshop owning people could suggest.

Alberts

International Coach
As I don't use Photoshop I can't really advise - my method is to use software called XnView to convert the DDS to PNG, edit the PNG and then convert back using a tool called DDSConverter.

Maybe there's something the Photoshop owning people could suggest.

I use a program called GIMP 2 and have added a DDS plugin. Can load, edit and export DDS files, and it has functionality like mipmaps and such for them. I would highly recommend having a look at it.

Their website

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
127379d1405046419-mattw-downloads-dgled-1.jpg

Tried again with some of the hud logos, trying to emulate how the default logos are done. I really like the Canadian logo, but others still don't seem quite right.

Any ideas? Or should I give up and put them in a ring/shield?

Attachments

• dgled-1.jpg
    dgled-1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 828

Alberts

International Coach
127379d1405046419-mattw-downloads-dgled-1.jpg

Tried again with some of the hud logos, trying to emulate how the default logos are done. I really like the Canadian logo, but others still don't seem quite right.

I'm planning a bit of a redo of a lot of the logos as a few that I'd done previous didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.

Should we try and work together on a standard formula for it, or both try our own methods and see which one turns out best?

As standard method posted on here could also be very good in the future with more options for badges with adding new teams once the modding is standardised.

Speaking of which, have you heard anything about what's being planned Matt? Or is it just a matter of this may well be it for this version?

----------

I'm creating some funny coloured templates and I'm going to see what we actually have to play with. Before it was more a case of using the measurements of the default shields, but I think that there might be an argument for better than that.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Speaking of which, have you heard anything about what's being planned Matt? Or is it just a matter of this may well be it for this version?
I've only heard that something is planned but haven't heard details - but clearly things like that Xbox freezing issue take total priority.

Should we try and work together on a standard formula for it, or both try our own methods and see which one turns out best?
Give it a shot and see what works I'd say.

Here's a basic positioning template -
attachment.php

The top bit being the main score hud - with the vertical line being about where the text starts. The square below is a rough one for the positioning of the logo for the other popups and scorecard logo, it might be a bit off.

Attachments

• logo-tmp.png
    logo-tmp.png
    287 bytes · Views: 3,321

Alberts

International Coach
I'm currently making some of my own, I think we should make some templates, compare and then come up with a final version to at least be a standard between us.

I've spotted a problem with emblems which is a tad annoying:

5WqM62s.jpg

bXmJfW3.jpg

The greenbox is the allowable area for the badge itself, the purple lines are for centering. One thing that I've spotted though is that there is a strange effect where those lines having reached the edge, extent on the shirt (the template is entirely squad and the lines aren't meant to go that high or low) and a strange reflection appears to form at larger distances.
@BigAntStudios, any idea what's happening there?

I'll finish up the set of templates and put them up.

Sathish_kumar

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Canada and England logos looks good. the stroke/glowing effect on the other logos not looking suitable. what about adding two different colors as background of logo? gray at bottom and light gray at top. something like this.

Attachments

• hud_logo.png
    hud_logo.png
    9 KB · Views: 87

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Matt, are you interested in doing a collab?

If so, send me all the unmodified logos in png.I can get them in this style in a batch conversion with a tool.
attachment.php

Let me know if you are looking for such styles.It saves time from editing each and every logo and you can get things in required size. (max -256*256)

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 3,316

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
If so, send me all the unmodified logos in png.I can get them in this style in a batch conversion with a tool.
The thing is that there's pretty much nowhere that logos are used like that - there's logos in the main menu with a mirrored effect, there's the logos for the hud where two logos are on the same image, there's logos for the kits where you wouldn't want effects on them, etc.

I really think you'll probably need to go through manually.

Still, I've attached the closest thing I've got to those - the full size mirrored logos. They should all crop at the same point to get the plain image.

Attachments

• big.7z
    2.9 MB · Views: 116

Users who are viewing this thread