No Requests Quincy159's Downloads (Totally Retro): 1990's Bat and Equipment Sponsor Pack Released

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've thrown together a quick zip of the stuff I've made, I tried to delete everything that wasn't mine and I think the only thing I haven't removed are @blockerdave 's benson and hedges adboard, so that plain B&H gold one isn't mine it's his but everything else I'm sure I did. Whether you're interested or not since the 1992 kits were made they can be used to make the state teams from 1992 to 1994 and I made a quick make up of the team names they wore on the front. Not as nice as the international ones that were made but it's sort of close. The adboard folder is a big mess but it's kind of a controlled mess. I also wrote down every default ad sponsorship per each stadium which makes it easier to be very specific, the goal was to create subfolders upon sub folders. The other adboard I was hunting was an old Resch's one which IIRC used to be used at Sydney. I also threw in the Ansett Australia team logo for the late 1990's which goes well with the Ansett Australia pitch ad. Use the blank one for the days when we didn't have pitch ads.

Great find on the UCBSA logo, I've been holding off on playing that summer because the logo breaks immersion a little bit and I'm fussy like that. Do you know the right dimensions for the logos for the hud and the mirrored images etc that's where I stuff up the resizing. I think it was mattyg who included the retro logos for the state teams which are great but they're only for the on the jersey stuff and not the extras and I always make them too big or wonky aligned.

I also discovered that the GIO adboard works perfectly for the pesky in game GLP which can sometimes only use half of an adboard, as seen in the screen shot it works out well Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Attachments

• DBC ADS.rar
    2.9 MB · Views: 21

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've thrown together a quick zip of the stuff I've made, I tried to delete everything that wasn't mine and I think the only thing I haven't removed are @blockerdave 's benson and hedges adboard, so that plain B&H gold one isn't mine it's his but everything else I'm sure I did. Whether you're interested or not since the 1992 kits were made they can be used to make the state teams from 1992 to 1994 and I made a quick make up of the team names they wore on the front. Not as nice as the international ones that were made but it's sort of close. The adboard folder is a big mess but it's kind of a controlled mess. I also wrote down every default ad sponsorship per each stadium which makes it easier to be very specific, the goal was to create subfolders upon sub folders. The other adboard I was hunting was an old Resch's one which IIRC used to be used at Sydney. I also threw in the Ansett Australia team logo for the late 1990's which goes well with the Ansett Australia pitch ad. Use the blank one for the days when we didn't have pitch ads.

Great find on the UCBSA logo, I've been holding off on playing that summer because the logo breaks immersion a little bit and I'm fussy like that. Do you know the right dimensions for the logos for the hud and the mirrored images etc that's where I stuff up the resizing. I think it was mattyg who included the retro logos for the state teams which are great but they're only for the on the jersey stuff and not the extras and I always make them too big or wonky aligned.

I also discovered that the GIO adboard works perfectly for the pesky in game GLP which can sometimes only use half of an adboard, as seen in the screen shot it works out well Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Thank you for the ad boards, they are really good. I can see that you have taken some time to create them and like you I enjoy the immersion factor of the game when you have kits, bats, logos etc... as they were in real life at the time. As I said these are really good and I look forward to using them.

I will have a go at retouching the UCBSA logo to make the HUD and kit logos. As you can see from the included photo, the logo used on the kit was predominately green. Looks like I will need to retouch the original in Blue, white and gold for the sake of the HUD and make the kit logo in green, white and gold.

I have included some of the ad boards I have been working on. Hopefully you can make some use of them. Some are recreated from what I saw in the videos I have on the 1993 Ashes Series and 1993/94 Australian summer that followed, others are merely likenesses. Please keep in mind these have been quickly put together for the sake of not using the default boards. They are not up to my usual standard in some cases. I could improve upon them if anyone is interested.

SA 1993 Logo d.jpg

Australia Adboards.jpg

England Adboards.jpg

Attachments

• Australia.zip
    240.2 KB · Views: 16
  • England.zip
    175.5 KB · Views: 14

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Outstanding work mate, I particularly like the series specific B&H adboards that was up next on my list to create. TBH I go with the "near enough is good enough" with the adboards too, as long as they are recognisable. It's a bummer we can't replace the Big Ant ad. I also made that castle lager sponsorship cutting up the one you included in the 1990's test kits, I forgot to include that. I was working on a clear sponsorship for NZ and the KFC for West Indies as well

The South African logo does require some re-colouring which is why I wasn't really going to touch it since I haven't mastered that art yet, it takes a bit more intricate detail than I'm usually prepared to put in and my skills don't allow for it. It's great that we can keep it retro with the 1980's and 1990's here. I don't think I will ever stop trying to perfectly re-created the 90's

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Outstanding work mate, I particularly like the series specific B&H adboards that was up next on my list to create. TBH I go with the "near enough is good enough" with the adboards too, as long as they are recognisable. It's a bummer we can't replace the Big Ant ad. I also made that castle lager sponsorship cutting up the one you included in the 1990's test kits, I forgot to include that. I was working on a clear sponsorship for NZ and the KFC for West Indies as well

The South African logo does require some re-colouring which is why I wasn't really going to touch it since I haven't mastered that art yet, it takes a bit more intricate detail than I'm usually prepared to put in and my skills don't allow for it. It's great that we can keep it retro with the 1980's and 1990's here. I don't think I will ever stop trying to perfectly re-created the 90's

I've made a start on the retouching of the South African Logo and I can tell you it's pretty intensive pixel by pixel work in some areas. I'm starting on the blue logo first for the HUD and hoping that the process of making it green for the kit logos will be easier. I'll post it once it's finished.

That Castle Lager board would look pretty good I think. Once my Australian summer is finished I'm looking at developing material for the following series in South Africa in 1994. Last one for Allan Border, which was great news for Queensland given the assistance he provided in helping them win their first Sheffield Shield!

By the way, please feel free to modify any of the material I create as you please. In the end it's all about enjoying the game experience.

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
@quincy159 do you have an svg or png of the old retro tccb lion and wicket crest england used to wear? i'd love to see if it is possible to import into dbc17.

I have searched by filebase and the only logo I have is the one below. It is in a .png format. Unfortunately my attempts to convert the image to .svg have been unsuccessful.

Here is the .png anyway, I hope this helps. I will spend more time tomorrow attempting to find a better and particularly larger image.

f_engla.png

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have searched by filebase and the only logo I have is the one below. It is in a .png format. Unfortunately my attempts to convert the image to .svg have been unsuccessful.

Here is the .png anyway, I hope this helps. I will spend more time tomorrow attempting to find a better and particularly larger image.

View attachment 179101
Thanks I will give it a go and see how I do! Really appreciate it mate.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

View attachment 179101

@BRAB does this help you at all? It's up to you I can use this to try and have a stab if I can and you can do other things or you can try it... I am sure you'd do a better job than me!

BRAB

International Coach
@BRAB does this help you at all? It's up to you I can use this to try and have a stab if I can and you can do other things or you can try it... I am sure you'd do a better job than me!

This really helps dave! I will see how I go with this :)

asheswonder

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The England team did use the lion without stumps badge on the 86/87 tour of oz

WLvjyZQ.jpg

Last edited:

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
View attachment 179150
The England team did use the lion without stumps badge on the 86/87 tour of oz

WLvjyZQ.jpg

The lion logo minus the stumps.

Having trouble with the United Cricket Board of South Africa logo, in particular straightening out the image as I retouch it. I'm going to instead re-create it from scratch.

f_engla (1).png

Users who are viewing this thread