Microsoft Surface Tablet

AsadAbrar

International Coach
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Never been a huge fan of tablets (always thought they were pointless), but damn, that looks real beastly.

+1. For me, they're like somewhere in between smartphones and laptops. Not as powerful as laptops but larger than smartphones.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well the without touch cover has already sold out so fair play to them. I hope the reason for the slightly higher pricing is just for the early hype and that is comes down after a bit.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looks amazing, hopefully it is prized less than the Ipad and I can persuade my parents to get me one

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I'm not too pleased about the price point as I was interested in a Surface Pro when it came out next year to replace my current laptop. At $499 + cover, I may end up getting a Surface RT as that is the only one that fits into my price range. Although I may save that and go for the Lumia 920 instead.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Change of mind after reading specs, don't want it. Looks crap, leaving out the Windows 8 overlay, but if I was going to get a tablet worth that much , I might aswell get an IPad

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Bought a 32 gig Surface today from the brick and mortar store. I had to stand in line for almost 2 hours at 11 am so there was definitely interest. The Touch Cover is amazing. I'm loving this device right now. Remote Desktop app means I don't really need the Surface Pro.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
So I need some help understanding something,
The Ipad has the Itunes Market
The Kindle Fire has the Android Market
What market and were do the apps for the Surface come from,
Thanks

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So I need some help understanding something,
The Ipad has the Itunes Market
The Kindle Fire has the Android Market
What market and were do the apps for the Surface come from,
Thanks

Windows have their own app store which will have apps for both Windows 8 and for Windows RT (which the Surface uses). And have been hearing people say that the Windows app store is growing pretty quickly in the past few weeks. Hope that's true.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Windows have their own app store which will have apps for both Windows 8 and for Windows RT (which the Surface uses). And have been hearing people say that the Windows app store is growing pretty quickly in the past few weeks. Hope that's true.

Thanks, that definitely clears a lot up, but I don't know which one too buy. Can I have some advice.

So basically, I have 1200+ songs and growing every day, I love games on ipad etc and I want to take it to school to do work.
But I stuck between Ipad and the Surface.
For the same price, you can get 32Gb Surface and a 16Gb Ipad. Any advice guys?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Thanks, that definitely clears a lot up, but I don't know which one too buy. Can I have some advice.

So basically, I have 1200+ songs and growing every day, I love games on ipad etc and I want to take it to school to do work.
But I stuck between Ipad and the Surface.
For the same price, you can get 32Gb Surface and a 16Gb Ipad. Any advice guys?

If your iPad games are more important, obviously you have to go with the iPad (because Windows store is a newly starting one and it will take some time for developers to expand the store).

What's the total size of your songs? iPad gives you only a fixed size. If that's the bigger issue, then the Surface allows you to add microSD to expand space. Both can be taken to school to do work (Surface with the keyboard should be a lot more easier since it will be like a laptop on a work table).

So basically, you have to decide if you want to give up the iPad games for a while (till your fav games become available on Surface; probably they might already be).

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
If your iPad games are more important, obviously you have to go with the iPad (because Windows store is a newly starting one and it will take some time for developers to expand the store).

What's the total size of your songs? iPad gives you only a fixed size. If that's the bigger issue, then the Surface allows you to add microSD to expand space. Both can be taken to school to do work (Surface with the keyboard should be a lot more easier since it will be like a laptop on a work table).

So basically, you have to decide if you want to give up the iPad games for a while (till your fav games become available on Surface; probably they might already be).

Songs must be nearly 5 GB by now, but I have think of buying the Surface because you can add the extra space and all, thanks for your views

Users who are viewing this thread