Mobile phone thread

Which phone will do better?

• Total voters

Abhas

Retired Administrator
ritwik said:
Hey abhas new phone ? Didn't you check the crappy memory before buying, though ?

Yeah, if you're spending that much just spend a little more and get a L7 SLVR.
Well... didnt buy this one...got it as a gift.:D

as for the L7 SLVR, the phone looks good, has good features (actually, same as razr V3), but the screen is below par.

btw... the newly launched motorola razr V3i is much better, supports expandable memory, has a 1.3 mp camera, and looks equally good.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Online Cricket Games Owned
But there is a slight problem that my partner wants a flip-flap one. She's quite fond of those ones.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I did a google, that L7 SLVR looks quite good. Very slim but when I tried the key pad in the razr V3 it felt a bit hard to push the buttons.

Also I was looking for a MP3 player so Moto wasn't to my liking.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
siddharth2002 said:
But there is a slight problem that my partner wants a flip-flap one. She's quite fond of those ones.

My one is more of a swivel then a flip. Is she looking for a MP3 phone? There is a number of phones that can play MP3 but aren't actually designed for it. LG I know have flip phones that can play MP3, I think the Moto v Razr range can do that too.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
aussie1st said:
My one is more of a swivel then a flip. Is she looking for a MP3 phone? There is a number of phones that can play MP3 but aren't actually designed for it. LG I know have flip phones that can play MP3, I think the Moto v Razr range can do that too.
Maybe not Mp3 as I already gifted an Ipod Shuffle to here.:D
PS - LOl Duff!!, only if I swivel them:p

Ritwik

co-founder
as for the L7 SLVR, the phone looks good, has good features (actually, same as razr V3), but the screen is below par.
I am not sure on that .... its got a 262000 colours TFT screen, although it may be a little smaller than the one in RAZR.

The Moto RAZR V3i is undoubtedly good, but the SLVR has each of those features (including memory expansion and ability to play mp3s) and has a lower price. So if you're not temperamentally aligned like Siddharth's partner, no reason to spend extra on a flip phone like V3i when you can get the same stuff for a lower price.

taimurasad

Club Cricketer
siddharth2002 said:

If you are looking for a flip-flap phone then go for Nokia N90. It has everything incl. MP3,2mp camera & most importantly it is powered by Symbian OS.

Attachments

• nokia_n90.jpg
    nokia_n90.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 48

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
taimurasad said:
If you are looking for a flip-flap phone then go for Nokia N90. It has everything incl. MP3,2mp camera & most importantly it is powered by Symbian OS.

That's not really and flip-flap phone but definitely worth a thought. Moto RAZR V3i is slim and flip-flap so that maybe the way to go.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
ritwik said:
I am not sure on that .... its got a 262000 colours TFT screen, although it may be a little smaller than the one in RAZR.

The Moto RAZR V3i is undoubtedly good, but the SLVR has each of those features (including memory expansion and ability to play mp3s) and has a lower price. So if you're not temperamentally aligned like Siddharth's partner, no reason to spend extra on a flip phone like V3i when you can get the same stuff for a lower price.
thats right, but i have used the SLVR phones, they are small, thats why the "chemically etched" keypad doesnt work too well... the keys are small, and sometimes it gets extremely tough to press the right key.

though the screen colours are the same as that of the razr, the quality is certainly not that good. it is not only smaller, but there is lack of clarity....

if anyone is planning to buy one, please check the keypad, if you are comfortable with it.

kamrandahir

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Seagate presents hard disks for the mobile devices

Company Seagate announced a series of the miniature hard disks, intended for the use in the cell phones, digital cameras, pleyerakh and so forth the sizes of new winchesters are only 40 x 30 x of 5 millimeters. With the such modest overall sizes, new devices are resistant to the drop from the 1.5-meter height, which will be very to the point in this field of application as, for example, cell phones.
Is thus far declared only one model of a series with a capacity of 12 GB. Producers can use it in their devices, beginning from the third quarter of the present year. >

Attachments

• 1142073023_seag.jpg
    1142073023_seag.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 38

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It was bound to happen, phones are up to 4GB right now. What on earth would you do with 12GB for your phone though. Only thing I can think of is movies and music.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
aussie1st said:
It was bound to happen, phones are up to 4GB right now. What on earth would you do with 12GB for your phone though. Only thing I can think of is movies and music.

What else other than movies and music would you use that much space for?

Even with high quality camera captures, its really tough to fill up that much of space. Transferring movies and music would become more easier with this latest technology. I would like to get one phone with that capacity.. Would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread