Mohammad Asif tests positive for illegal drug

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
14th July, 2008
Cricinfo said:
Mohammad Asif has been confirmed as the player who tested positive for a banned substance during the Indian Premier League, the IPL has announced.

Asif, who was detained in Dubai for possession of contraband drugs last month, will now have the right to request that his 'B' sample [supplied at the same time as the one that tested positive] be sent for analysis, which he and his representative can attend along with an IPL representative.

Stupid idiot! He should be banned for life. Once is alright everybody makes mistakes even twice is enough but 3 times is taking advantage and going over the limit! Ban him.. And I mean now permanantly! :mad:

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
The whole of the IPL tested positive! :p

I'll edit the title for you ;)

Interesting, though not wholly unsurprising. And just as a forewarning, let's not make this a flame war, I can see some wild accusations being thrown around.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Most probably a young Indian player If you're getting paid that much you really shouldn't need to take steroids for either bowling 4 overs or having a quick slog. Having said that it was most probably a young Indian player who didn't no anything about it.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Well it's true, there were more Indians than anyone else so it most probably is. Plus when I mean a young Indian I don't mean one from the national team, my point was kind of that someone from international cricket is far less likely to be found taking drugs.

Sureshot

Executive member
Really? I think there have been several cases over the last few years which have proven otherwise.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I can only think of 2 off the top of my head. I know that they do take drugs but far less likely to be one of them than some young player who no-one had ever heard of beforehand from some village in the middle of nowhere and is still very naive and stupid enough to drink something that he shouldn't or even take somethng he shouldn't.

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I bet Asif and Akhtar are sweating a bit right now.
There have been rumours that these were the 5 people who were suspected:
Akhtar, Asif, Fernando, Gony & Gul.

To be honest though I think it has to be Gony the young pacer.

The whole of the IPL tested positive! :p

I'll edit the title for you ;)

Sorry mate. I looked at the cricinfo title.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
That's actually a fair shout. Althogh it's not as if the IPL needs more publicity.

Users who are viewing this thread