Most hated and loved cricketers

khan31

International Coach
well heres a player who i love at times and even hate at times - you probably guessed it. None other than -

SHAHID AFRIDI!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My most loved

Matthew Hoggard (England)
Michael Vaughan (England)
Brett Lee (Australia)
Ricky Ponting (Australia)
Makhaya Ntini (South Africa)
Jacques Kallis (South Africa)
Anil Kumble (India)
Rahul Dravid (India)
Chaminda Vaas (Sri Lanka)
Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka)
Mohammad Yousuf (Pakistan)
Shane Bond (New Zealand)
Stephen Fleming (New Zealand)
Corey Collymore (West Indies)
Shivnarine Chanderpaul (West Indies)

My most hated

Sajid Mahmood (England)
Matt Prior (England)
Shane Warne (Australia)
Michael Clarke (Australia)
Shaun Pollock (South Africa)
Graeme Smith (South Africa)
Sree Sreesanth (India)
Sourav Ganguly (India)
Dilhara Fernando (Sri Lanka)
Marvan Atapattu (Sri Lanka)
Shoaib Akhtar (Pakistan)
Shahid Afridi (Pakistan)

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I'll do a proper list.

Most Loved

Kevin Pietersen- Pure brilliance, entertaining whenever he comes out to bat, gonna be a legend of the game.
James Anderson- Top star of the English summer, fantastic variations and control, and seems a cool lad aswell
Michael Vaughan- Seems a really nice bloke, and is one of the most stylish batsmen to grace the world game
Michael Clarke- Effervecently stylish with immense talent, gonna be a big player in Australias future
Sachin Tendulkar- One of, if not the most technically gifted player ever to play the game. A fantastic talent, and a down to earth guy. Loves his cricket.
Muttiah Muralitharan- Seems to enjoy his cricket, an extrovert and a cracking bowler
Alastair Cook- Immensely talented young opener, gonna be a big star
Shiv Chanderpaul- One of the best players in the world game atm, massively under-rated
Mohammed Ashraful- Stylish, Entertaining, Talented, the lad has it all, just needs support from the rest of his team
Shane Warne- Probably the greatest bowler to have played the game so far, a complete legend, even with the drug ban in his past.
Shankatumathran Sreesanth- Love the arrogance, and is a talented quicky
Adam Gilchrist- Intelligent, loves his cricket and a brilliant player, good old Gilly

Most Hated

Graeme Smith- Pompous, arrogant, just a complete prat
Herschelle Gibbs- Just generally dont like him, thinks hes better than he is
Chris Read- Doesnt sound like a nice bloke to work with, seems to be abit confrontational, over-rated
Shoaib Akhtar- Great bowler, but a stinky attitude, and a druggy. Complete prat, wasted talent.
Andre Nel- Over-rated, arrogant sob, dont like him
Mohammed Asif- Again talented, but another druggy, will be good if he loses the naivity, until then i dont like him.

A bit of a better list i think :D

Norbert

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Favorite:

Vettori!
Flintoff
Mal Loye
Andrew Strauss
Monty Panesar
AB deVilliars
Ricky Ponting

Least Favorite:

Andrew Symonds (this is mostly a homer pick...but I also find him disturbing to watch on looks alone.)

Saj Mahmood.

Shaun Tait.

EDIT: Why did I say prior? I meant nixon, I don't mind prior.

Akhtar.

Last edited:

jordox

International Cricketer
Mate I've never liked MacGill for a long time. Hoggy has been in great form for WA in 4day and OD and Aus in ODI's for ages PLUS he can bat a bit. Plus Im West Australian. Plus MacGill isn't liked by this own team mates. I havent jumped on any bandwagon - I'm the one who's driving it. So shut your hole.

And btw there is no way I would ever say Hodge should be in any team....

You've started your 'comeback' to me in poor fashion. "I've never liked MacGill for a long time" makes no sense.

The difference between starting a bandwagon and being in a bandwagon is? Like Hitler saying he wasn't a Nazi cause he started it. MacGill isn't liked by his team mates? What the hell gives you the right to say that. Australian players would NEVER bad mouth their team mates so you wouldn't know anyway and I've been to many NSW development camps and Stuart is joking around, having fun and his team loves him. Even if the team didn't like him it means absolutely nothing. Its a game of cricket. Ganguly anyone?

Australia don't need a batter by the way. Hogg shouldn't be in the team as a "spinner who can bat' for him to be in the team he has to be the best spinner in Australia. Judging your knowledge of the sport, I'm sure you've seen how well Australia have done with the bat. They don't need him as a batter.

Sorry, but I'm sick to death of it. MacGill has performed for years and years, 96% of the time his played with Warne his taken more wickets than him, and taking wickets is what test cricket is about. Of course I'm not saying he was ever better than the great man Warne by the way! But he averages 5 wickets a game as I said and has an exceptional record. The Hobart test was the only real test I can remember when his performed badly. This is where I got the Ponting analogy from. He performs bad for a bit and the whole country wants him out.. If Ponting got a pair would you be leading the bandwagon to kick him out and replace him with one of your ever so loved Western Australians?

Now, I'm not saying that MacGill should be in the team at the moment. I actually think Hogg should be. MacGill is waaay out of his fitness and while I think his the better option, at the moment, I would pick Hogg, however no person needs the amount of disrespect you're throwing at them, let alone the second best leg spinner over nearly a decade.

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
You've started your 'comeback' to me in poor fashion. "I've never liked MacGill for a long time" makes no sense.

The difference between starting a bandwagon and being in a bandwagon is? Like Hitler saying he wasn't a Nazi cause he started it. MacGill isn't liked by his team mates? What the hell gives you the right to say that. Australian players would NEVER bad mouth their team mates so you wouldn't know anyway and I've been to many NSW development camps and Stuart is joking around, having fun and his team loves him. Even if the team didn't like him it means absolutely nothing. Its a game of cricket. Ganguly anyone?

Australia don't need a batter by the way. Hogg shouldn't be in the team as a "spinner who can bat' for him to be in the team he has to be the best spinner in Australia. Judging your knowledge of the sport, I'm sure you've seen how well Australia have done with the bat. They don't need him as a batter.

Sorry, but I'm sick to death of it. MacGill has performed for years and years, 96% of the time his played with Warne his taken more wickets than him, and taking wickets is what test cricket is about. Of course I'm not saying he was ever better than the great man Warne by the way! But he averages 5 wickets a game as I said and has an exceptional record. The Hobart test was the only real test I can remember when his performed badly. This is where I got the Ponting analogy from. He performs bad for a bit and the whole country wants him out.. If Ponting got a pair would you be leading the bandwagon to kick him out and replace him with one of your ever so loved Western Australians?

Now, I'm not saying that MacGill should be in the team at the moment. I actually think Hogg should be. MacGill is waaay out of his fitness and while I think his the better option, at the moment, I would pick Hogg, however no person needs the amount of disrespect you're throwing at them, let alone the second best leg spinner over nearly a decade.

He was just giving a comment his personal opinion don't atack him seriously man this is a place for fun and cricket :) :happy

jordox

International Cricketer
He was just giving a comment his personal opinion don't atack him seriously man this is a place for fun and cricket :) :happy

Haha.. I never 'attacked' him until he told me to 'shut my hole'. This is the place for discussing cricket, and I feel that MacGill is getting injustice from so many people. His a class player and he deserves to be defended.

I don't get all this hatred towards Graeme Smith. I think he's fantastic.

Meh, his a jerk and I don't think he is that good of a player, he isn't consistent enough, he certainly does show some class every now and then though.

Last edited:

Perm

School Cricketer
- Sean Tait (dopey, massively over rated, arrogant)

How is he dopey? I also fail to see how he is massively over-rated, just take a look at his record.

- Andre Nel (ugly s.o.a.b plus crap)

200 international wickets seem to disagree with your assessment of him being crap.

- Stuart MacGill (w.t.f is he doing in the test side over Brad Hogg?)

Because he's a much better bowler. I would've thought that was painfully obvious, even for one so biased as yourself.

Andre Nel (Thinks he is Micheal Holding but is crap)

As I said previously, 200 international wickets disagree with you.

VVS Laxman (Plays well in patches only, not agile and blocking Yuvi's place)

He's not blocking Yuvraj's place, because he deserves to be in the Test side ahead of Yuvraj. Also, you're saying he isn't agile. Did you see the catch he took off Anil Kumble's bowling in the last Test match? Superb.

Stephen Fleming (Overated as Captain, done nothing to be called gr8 captain)

I can only assume you've never studied Fleming, or the Black Caps, indepth.

Sreesanth (Worst bowler to come out of India in last 2 years)

Haha, how about VRV Singh? Ajit Agarkar? Ishant Sharma?

Imran Khan Niazi = !!The greatest captain.. ever

Very debateable.

Brian Charles Lara = Legend.. King.. best batsman ever..

That is just plain wrong.

Wasim Akram = Best fast bowler ever...

Glenn McGrath, Sir Richard Hadlee, Malcolm Marshall are all bowlers who could be considered superior to Wasim Akram. There is a few more too.

Shane Keith Warne = Best spinner ever...

I agree with you, but it's not fact. Muttiah Muralitharan has a very good claim for that title.

Andrew Flintoff = Best Allrounder ever..

There are atleast a dozen all-rounders in the history of the game who have been superior to Andrew Flintoff.

Herschelle Gibbs- Just generally dont like him, thinks hes better than he is

He is pretty good though. One of the best international batsmen South Africa have ever had.

How is Nel over-rated?

Last edited:

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
yeah Nel sertainly isn't over rated , i agree when you say hes not such a great player but he sertainly is a good player and deserves his side in the South African squad and i mean theres nothing wrong with him , sometimes he even makes us laugh when hes on the field. :)

usy

Chairman of Selectors
How is he dopey? I also fail to see how he is massively over-rated, just take a look at his record.

200 international wickets seem to disagree with your assessment of him being crap.

Because he's a much better bowler. I would've thought that was painfully obvious, even for one so biased as yourself.

He's not blocking Yuvraj's place, because he deserves to be in the Test side ahead of Yuvraj. Also, you're saying he isn't agile. Did you see the catch he took off Anil Kumble's bowling in the last Test match? Superb.

Very debateable.

Glenn McGrath, Sir Richard Hadlee, Malcolm Marshall are all bowlers who could be considered superior to Wasim Akram. There is a few more too.

I agree with you, but it's not fact. Muttiah Muralitharan has a very good claim for that title.

There are atleast a dozen all-rounders in the history of the game who have been superior to Andrew Flintoff.

He is pretty good though. One of the best international batsmen South Africa have ever had.

How is Nel over-rated?

darn, there is a little words known as..

I, My, Me, Mine.

I love, My love, Me Love, :help

irottev

School Cricketer
Nel is about the only cricketer I don't like, because of his on field antics. All that yelling and stuff is childish. I han't seen a lot of Sreesanth though, so he's probably lucky. Nixon, because he won't shut up also.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Nel said he likes being like that on field..

H0wZ4T!

Club Cricketer
I like Daniel Vettori. He is very passionate about his cricket and seems like he enjoys where he is at.

I fricking hate Sndnsjndsjndjs Sreesanth. Possibly, the most hated cricketer on God's green earth. And his attitude is poor.

Very debateable.

How is Nel over-rated?

Your opinions are welcomed but this thread is for naming your favourite and least favourite cricketers not bagging everyone elses opinion, mate.

Users who are viewing this thread