Most Important Factor

What is the most important factor of a computer game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This is nothing to do with the game officially but I am interested to know the members opinion on the factor that is most important in a game to them - gameplay, graphics or sounds. Please vote in the poll and post your ideas and suggestions.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Has to be gameplay it's what gives the game longitivty as long as the graphics are the abouts the gameplay will take care of the rest.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
skateboarder said:
Please vote in the poll with your ideas.

Lee

Done now. :)

Anyone who chooses graphics or audio over gameplay just don't appreciate gaming or cricket.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I think Gameplay is the most important, but i am a firm believer of commentary, as im sure Matt will say as we had a discussion a while back about BLIC and C2005 commentary :)

But i think commentary/sound brings somthing more to a game, interesting discussions keeps me interested in the game, chuck in some famous past matches/players, a few personal opinions on players like Flintoff, Ponting (the next Bradman, total rubbish) Lara etc.... Talk about certain grounds...I think it just adds somthing more, and important to the overall game.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Gameplay of course, it's part of the reason most of the games I play are really old. I would rank sound next, followed by graphics. But attention does need to be paid to all of them. Graphics is part of gameplay, think of the shot animations in a certain other cricket game, some problems with graphics are to the detriment of the whole game. And audio adds an "experience" of sorts, sound helps you feel like you are playing real Cricket.
So get gameplay great, but if the graphics and sounds are horrible, then there isn't much of a point in having great gameplay. But I do think TAOC is well on the way graphics wise, and I'm sure the audio will be great, because unlike the others there is a real want to make a great game, rather than to get it released on a certain day

PhilD123

International Coach
Definetely gameplay, if you have a game with amazing graphics, but its no fun to play then you wont enjoy it. However you can take lower standard graphics if the game is really enjoyable to play.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
gameplay. but a game still needs good graphics. you dont wanna be playing the best cricket game ever made with crap graphics. but def gameplay

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Gameplay and graphics intertwine because to have a well animated shot the batsman must be made of lots of polygons (I think) all moving in correct correlation. As well as sounds, for a shot to be well timed, not only has the ball got to come off the bat properly but it must sound timed.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
this thread hardly has any meaning.and sticky???

gameplay is the heart of the game, no gameplay, no fans, no sells, super $hit game.
graphics is the body, without it, no attraction, no excitement.
sound is the ability, no abilities, life gets boring after some time...

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Addictiveness. Average games can be addictive, and that IMO makes them good games. That Cricket Player Manager game, although done in VB4 and with limited resources, is a very addictive game. More addictive than EA SPORTS (TM) Cricket 07, which, despite the fact I'm playing it now, I can't see myself playing it over and over again.

International Cricket Captain - most addictive game ever, quite simply.

Users who are viewing this thread