Most Underrated Footballer

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
There's an overrated thread so the natural evolution of that is to make this one.

Anyway, Phil Jagielka is so amazingly underrated. How the likes of Upson keep beating him to England selection is mind boggling. He's easily been better than Terry this season as well.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Paul Scholes. Loads of players that do the dirty stuff like Mascherano and Flamini.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Trezeguet.I like watching him play.He was tremendously underrated during his playing days.But his statistics in fifa07 are quite good lol.(overall 89)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
That's worthy of ending the thread on. Phil Neville is amazing. Best 5 million ever spent on anything.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Paul Scholes. Loads of players that do the dirty stuff like Mascherano and Flamini.

It annoys me when people say Paul Scholes is underrated. He's a quality midfielder and could walk into most teams when he was in his prime, but everyone I know says he is underrated. If everyone says he is underrated then he surely isn't as everyone rates.

Don't worry if you don't understand that post, Joe...

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
He doesn't get half the praise he deserves from the media especially when you consider players like Gerrard and Lampard are treated like the christ reborn when they aren't fit to lace his boots.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Richard Dunne. Quality finisher. You don't score 6 own goals without having an eye for goal. Djourou was underrated by Wenger until recently.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I always felt Claude Makalele was seriously under-rated when at Real Madrid. Was a rock in midfield, making crucial tackles, winning back possession and passing the ball around. Very strong and composed, and never showed any sort of nerves, no matter what the situation.

Selling him was a big mistake, and we struggled to find a replacement for a long time, until Mohammadou Diarra was signed almost four years later for 26 million Euros.

Amongst the current crop of players, I feel Andres Palop is under-rated and should be Spain's number 2 atleast, because in terms of performance and saves, he is as good as Iker Casillas and much better than Jose Reina.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
It annoys me when people say Paul Scholes is underrated. He's a quality midfielder and could walk into most teams when he was in his prime, but everyone I know says he is underrated. If everyone says he is underrated then he surely isn't as everyone rates.

Don't worry if you don't understand that post, Joe...
Ah but you are forgetting that Joe has to find someone from the Manchester United Team to call underrated and/or praise and then find players from either or City, Liverpool, Chelsea and/or Arsenal to have a go at or else he risks stepping outside of the stereotypical persona he has created for himself.

I think it's pretty pointless trying to call someone in the Premiership* underrated especially when they've played for their country as well. You'd have to really go outside the Premiership as most players in the top flight have been rated pretty highly when they were purchased for a stupidly high amount of money in the first place.

*You may substitute any top flight league if you dont like the Premiership

D

Deleted member 13648

I did read your post Kev but I'm gonna say a Premiership player anyway :p

Jimmy Bullard.

Users who are viewing this thread