New Patch

Shoaib Akhtar

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is someone free and is good at programming ?
Here is an idea for a great patch
You can modify the cricket WXEXP manager to give options like 'Play League' which in turn will replace all international teams to the league teams. Kits, records etc. are all available at various sites such as Oceana & SAF.
This will bring league into Cric 2002
Why waste all the hardwork done in creating the kits & other info.
The only problem is that when u directly download the patches it will permanently remove the ATs and can?t play a league match between SAF & Aus as the teams are part of different patches incompatible with each other.,

Shoaib Akhtar

Club Cricketer
Please someone do this. It will keep us busy until Cric 2004 is released which most probably wont have league teams and I dont think it is going to be a great game

Sanju

Club Cricketer
hi bsmit007 great idea i can do this but it will take time as i am really busy but still send me all the data which is required to make this patch.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Vineet,
apart from warwickshire and lancashire which other kits (if any) have been made?Also, who was working on the mega patch with you,
cheers,
Colin

Sanju

Club Cricketer
Actually someone else can do it i am little busy and no time for me to make patches as i am going to play cricket for my district(secunderabad).So i need lots of pratice for that after that i will see but till then someone else can take the work.

A

Admin

Originally posted by barmyarmy@Apr 17 2003, 05:31 PM
Vineet,
apart from warwickshire and lancashire which other kits (if any) have been made?Also, who was working on the mega patch with you,
cheers,
Colin
There's Yorkshire...thats about it. We never got round to making the rest.

Who was working with me ? Lots of people...but it didn't work out. I'd like to complete the domestic clubs but I'd rather wait to see if and what exactly C2k4 includes as far as clubs go before I invest time in such a project.

Even if I did decide to do it it would be a fantasy tournament ala Club Championship in Fifa 2k3. Its not possible to create the formats of each country's domestic competitions without altering the tourny formats and to find out how to do that requires some serious hex editing which I dont have time for. Besides it would probably be rendered irrelevant in a few months time when c2k2 releases.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I wasn't thinking of anything complicated, I haven't got the time or the expertise. What I was thinking was of having the sunday league first division. There are 9 teams in it:
Yorkshire
Kent
Warwickshire
Essex
Glamorgan
Gloucestershire
Worcestershire
Surrey
Leicestershire

I would be quite happy to make the rosters, but we would need kits for 7 of the 9 teams and faces and badges. If they replaced the default teams rather than the special teams it would mean that we could run a league or knockout tournament using the existing structures.
Cheers,
Colin

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
For English competitions we could have a WCEXP manager style program so that the 9 Division 1 teams are slected then you can choose 3 of the 10 2nd Division clubs (including Scotland mchisholm :D ) so you could have a 12 team competition using the existing World Cup structure.

Otherwise if you overwrite the special teams you can still play the knockout tournament with these.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
That sounds like a good idea, editing Scotland back into the game!
I can do the rosters for these but I haven't got a decent paint/design programme (or any know-how) to do the other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread