New Patch

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It's just Lancashire, Warwickshire, and Yorkshire I think. I spoken to James Driscoll and he's interested in helping when his computer starts working again. I might post something on BLC, they've got loads of English members who know how to do this sort of stuff,
Colin

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I MAY be able to knock up a simple manager style program to choose the 3 Division 2 teams if my programming skills come back to me :D Don't know about editing the exe to include the team names though. The one problem with that would be having to have a different exe, for each possible combination of 3 teams from 10. For those who can't work it out theres 720 possible combinations!

I think the best thing to do, would to include 3 teams form Division One of the County Championship who aren't in Division One of the National League (Lancashire, Nottinghamshire and Warwickshire, I think) for the main 12 teams, to take part in the "World Cup" style tournament, and then have all the rest replacing the special teams, so that they can take part in the knockout tournament. There is however, only 6 special teams that play in the knockout tournament so Scotland may have to miss out after all :( Although saying that, being from Lancashire, I wouldn't mind Yorkshire being taken out of the game :D

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Apr 18 2003, 10:03 AM
Looks like me, barmyarmy and James Drsicoll so far. I may have an attempt at doing kits when I'm a little less busy though
James is waiting for his computer to be fixed, I'll e-mail him and ask when that should be and what he wants to do,
Colin

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
He's said he's happy to do faces and kit numbers although he can't test them 'til his computer is fixed.
If Andrew does the complicated editing stuff :) and I do the rosters and badges we only need someone to do the kits.
Anyone out there with experience who is interested please tell me,
cheers,
Colin

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Not sure about the really complicated editing stuff editing the exe's unless Vineet gives me some pointers. But as I said I'll have a go at the kits.

The proper season starts today too, I'll be listening to Surrey v Lancashire on-line today. The two best teams (in my opinion) playing in the first match. A pottential title decider!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
That was quick, I think we're going.
Colin: half of teams and all of logos
James: other half and faces
Andrew: exe and kits

I reckon that commentary really isn't worth thinking about for the moment. The only other question is which teams. Div 1 + 3 div 2 teams? Which ones?
Colin

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
As I said before theres 3 teams from Division 2 that are in Divsion 1 of the County Championship (Lancashire, Nottinghamshire and Warwickshire) so those teams will do. Do the other 6 teams too though and replace the special teams with them so we can use them in the knockout tournament. If we move the World Cup back to England too, that'll make that tournament better.

Once Vineet tells me how to edit the exe's to change the team names I'll do it. We need to decide which teams will replace which though.

Even if I can't get the kits done completely, cos finding decent photos could be tricky, I'll at least recolour some whites to the correct colours, which should be OK.

We may be able to do some commentary using the players that are already in there.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
To Vineet,

The links are all broken to the two kits on cricket2002.tk (Warwickshire, Lancashire) and the one on Venkatesh's site (Yorkshire). Would it be possible for you to upload those three again if you have them all.

To Andrew,

These are the 12 teams we're going to use to start with, we can always put more in later:
Essex Eagles
Glamorgan Dragons
Gloucestershire Gladiators
Kent Spitfires
Leicestershire Foxes
Surrey Lions
Warwickshire Bears
Worcestershire Royals
Yorkshire Phoenix
Nottinghamshire Outlaws (d2)
Lancashire Lightening (d2)
Somerset Sabres (d2)

Cheers,
Colin

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Looking good so far Colin. If you need a badge for Lancashire, you can use my avatar :D

I think we're gonna need someone else to do the kits, I may have time to do a couple, but I've just discovered I've two assignments to do in the next 4 weeks (aaaagggghhhh) I can however do the exe editing and put the whole thing together, I'll have a go at changing the menu screens as well.

Users who are viewing this thread