new sound patch due to release...........

abu

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi..............i have finished some part of the my new SOUND PATCH..........

but JUST NEW HELP FROM ALL U GUYS OUT THERE.............

please tell me what r the most played sound(filename) in cricket 2002 when:

1. hit a six
2. get bowled
3. lbw
4. get hit by a ball
5. drop catch
6. between over menu

i have covered most of them but just wanna make sure all the files r present.
so that the patch can be a success.

please help me out with this patch....as ofcourse it is for all y guys.

thank you

A

Admin

Hi tutsi

Nice to know you're doing a sound patch.

The human commentry for most of the things you've listed are stored in the bnk files NOT the wav files. Editing these is quite difficult and is similar to the manual editing of the names.pak file

However the crowd applause etc for these events are the wav files. For reference to the exact names check my sound patch if you have downloaded it.

Good luck.

abu

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi....vineet..........

your sound patch is great...it accutally inspired me to make a patch of my own..............but what i wanted to do is not replace your patch with mine.........but make a sort of ADD-ON to your patch.

i have edited the files of 4's and minmenu music which are not edited by you.

wanted to know the EXACT filename of a particulat situation so that the edited don't go to waste as many sound files don't ever get played in a match.

ALSO I WANTED TO KNOW THE FILENAME OF THE------CROWD(BACKGROUND CROWD TALKING,ETC.)

please help as i want to finish and release my patch as soon as possible.

thanks. :rolleyes:

A

Admin

The crowd and other ambience sounds are in the \ Sound\SFX\ folders.
These files are played during the match environoment sounds.

As for the comments for things like a boundary, when a batsman is bowled, a no ball is bowled or a catch dropped the files are there as wavs in the sound folder BUT the game for some reason uses the same files which are present in the bnk files so changing the wavs wont change it in the game.

eg: there is a file \Sound\SFX\ENG\noball_1.wav for the umpire calling a no ball. If you change it here and play the game you still get the original sound. However if you change the same file in the bnk file ( I forget which ) the change will appear in game. I've replaced just this one bnk sound in my patch since editing the bnk is just too much work.

Users who are viewing this thread