editing help

• Thread starter imported_potter
  • Start date

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
What happens when you click 'play sound'
check your names.pak is in the correct location and named correctly.
I've never heard of a save to disk error. Try re-installing the player editor.
You will have the old commentary because that is what is on the original names.pak, this is what happens if you don't back things up...
Good luck.

I

imported_akeel

i`ve delleted and reinstalled it quite a few times but nothing happend

r u talking of downloading it again ?

and the names.pak file is in this folder
F:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\Cricket2002\Sound\LISTS\NAMES

i think it is correct

check it

mann if u help solve my problem u will be the best of my friend in cricket 2002

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Firstly, change faces and kit numbers manually, Tim Hick's editor is useless for that.
Secondly, you didn't tell me if you get a sound in the player editor when you click 'play sound'
Also confirm me me that nothing happend at all when you click repalce sound.
Just a tip: make sure that the sound you are trying to play or enter isn't open in any other window or programme (e.g. goldwave).
Colin

R

rasi

The exe which you use to start the game. Send it to my email id. You need not attach it here.

I

imported_akeel

i wasn`t hearing the sound of players when i was clicking play sound button
but i have fixed it by putting the names.pak file from the cd.but it is of those old player as you said but the real problem is that i can`t replace it shows the message of files sixe being bigger but i have different sounds and when i put the correct soub it does not work.no message is shown.and nothing changes and the old sound remains.

i don`t want to change any face or kitnum cause i had already changed it but i am getting irritated by that save to disk bar and that i showed you it comes for every player.

hey barmyarmy can u come on any chat with me?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
the real problem is that i can`t replace it shows the message of files sixe being bigger

Is this your problem or is your problem that you can't play any sounds from the names.pak
If the first one, use Goldwave to shorten the length
If the second one, replace your names.pak again

I

imported_akeel

i tell u very clearly

the sound is playing but not replacing

when i click replace sound a window opens ok
then i choose the sound of the player i want ok
and then when i click open the window closes and it does not shows the message the sound is swaped and the old sound replace .

i have done everything replaced the names.pak file but nothing has happened .can anyone send me an edited version of names.pk file.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Are you sure you don't have another copy of the commentary you are trying to install open somewhere else on your computer as this can cause this problem.
Try extracting the original commentary as well and trying to replace it, if your commentary is not in exactly the right format it won't be accepted.

I

imported_akeel

hey barmyarmy

the files i am putting by clicking replace sound are those files which i have used before but they wotking in the editor before but not in the game as u said it was the problem of ctm file now that u have corrected the ctm file the editor is making the trouble can u just come on the chat and tell me i have tried everything u said but is stilll not working.

come on any chat wiht me and clearly guide me plz

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Have you tried chanigng the length of the files with a sound editor?

If you do that it will work!

And Colin has been a great help, don't expect him to do everything.

It's not his fault you didn't have the sense to back up files before you mess with them.

Users who are viewing this thread