Your Cricket Niv's Season Diary.

Niv

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Everyone's doing it, so I might as well post my failings :P

I'm a leg spin bowler, and lower order batsman playing under 17 club cricket.

Training started last thursday, and I was shocking, couldn't hit anything near on line with the stumps, and I was either bowling full tosses or short double bouncers. I improved on Tuesday, managing to bowl a few good balls, and getting some turn and bounce.

I just got back from training half an hour ago, and I had a decent bat. I only got bowled once in my 20 minute stint, and I played the seamers with relative ease. I even managed to repay some of the spankings I received last week!

Bowling was better again, although I was still loopy I was bowling on target more often than on Tuesday. I got some advice from on of the trainers too about gripping the ball and my run up.

Hopefully I can improve drastically over the season, and most importantly, enjoy myself!

Had seniors training on Tuesday, and I'm going to U17 training tonight. I'm steadily getting better, and my length is pretty well on line. I just need to bowl straighter and I'll be good.

Missed training last Tuesday, cause i was at a friends place 50km out of town. Had training on Friday though, and my bowling started terribly, but got way better after going in to bat. I found out that the first game is 2 weeks from now, so I'm hoping to make an impression!

Seniors training, and we had some grade cricketers with us! I ended up bowling to one of them, and even got his edge a couple of times. Didn't get a bat, because 24 other guys showed up though. Had some problems with my neck early on, which was a bit of a worry, but I'm feeling fine now.

First match is a one dayer on Sunday, wish me luck!

Well, I spent 36 overs fielding without bowling a ball, and I scored a golden duck. At least I fielded well, saving dozens of runs. In a match that everyone expected us to get hammered in, we lost 175/4 to 135/9 which isn't too bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread