No patch for AC09 - officially confirmed

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The main advantage of beta 2 was that online was enabled. Obviously no longer an advantage as the development server is no more.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Ashes Cricket 09 on PC is especially good for one thing. Drinking with a pal. Here's how:

1. Apply the patch. I still only have Beta 1 applied because I never found out why Beta 2 was supposed to be better. I could not find change logs, and actually read that Beta 2 was no better or not as good as Beta 1.

2. Invite your cricket-loving mate over.

3. Buy two cartons of beer. Or, 1 carton of beer plus one bottle of rum with ice and mixers.

4. Plug in your PC gamepads into the PC. I use my Logitech controller, he installed his XBox 360 controller. So we can both play using controllers on the one PC.

5. Start a T20 tournament and choose your sides. Be sure to assign human control to every team, just in case you ever decide to restart and change teams for any match.

6. When starting a game, you may decide to play against each other, but we have found that it is much more fun to play on the same side. That way, we get to have batting partnerships. Calling for runs becomes important so you don't run each other out. It is rather close to the real thing.

7. Bowling is fun, because again you rely on each other for support. If you are bowling, you will be relying on your friend's catching and, to a lesser extent, fielding. It is thrilling when you bowl a delivery of good line and length, and he takes a sharp catch at second slip - AND it's a crucial wicket. But sometimes dropped catches happen if you miss out on hitting the green catching circle. Especially if it is Ponting you dropped, and it ends up costing you 50-80 runs. However, it's all fun.

8. Batting is still challenging, because you have to play yourself in and stay aware of the AI field placings. Setting targets is just as fun as chasing them down. The fact that you are somewhat intoxicated the whole night adds a fun element of laughter and unpredictability to batting - and tests your reflexes when catching, by the way. This is all part of the evening's proceedings.

9. Continue as you complete matches and move on to the next. Reach the final and try to play your best cricket.

10. Drink until the sun comes up, and hopefully by then you will be lifting the T20 trophy.

This makes the game worth the 60 dollars for now. It will keep us going for the next 10 months until Ashes 10 arrives.

This takes me back to when me and a mate used to have big sessions on BL99, lots of coffee and marley's finest. Many a time we would have a big partnership going when all of a sudden my mate would be bowled not offering a shot,I'd turn around and he'd be passed out on the sofa controller still in hand!!
Captain you are right on the money with this method and I bet the catching/ bowling must bring some heated moments. I can see me buying this for the second time, PC though this time. as would really like to play the beta1 patch.
Damn you codemasters, you're like that ex you keep bumping into and going back home with!!!

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Yeah it really becomes a mix of the dizzying highs - when he takes a great catch off my outswinger, and we high-five - to the crushing lows, when we lose 3 early wickets and REALLY need to knuckle down and start a batting partnership.

Oh yeah, and as I said, the beer helps.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sounds great! Maybe you should apply for a job at their PR department! Or altrernatively sign in to your local AA branch meetings!:D I agree with you about Beta Patch 1 as the AI slog less to get their boundaries.

Yeps - it's just such a shame that the bowler's stamina's messed up in Beta 1; you can go for ever with the same partnership! That was fixed in Beta 2, but the runout bug seems to happen more with that, as well as the aforementioned AI slogging. I'm not playing the game right now though either way - how can you have a proper series in SA with only two SA stadiums?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
As has been said before the code affecting AI aggression and runouts wasn't actually changed between beta 1 and 2. It's purely people's perceptions. That said, as Rob pointed out on several occasions, all changes can have knock-on effects however unintended.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Perhaps Codies should make AC2010 cheaper if you have a copy of 2009?

Gazza_11 added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

And they can phase out 2009.

D

Dutch

Perhaps Codies should make AC2010 cheaper if you have a copy of 2009?

Gazza_11 added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

And they can phase out 2009.

I have already phased out Ashes 2009 if that helps!

dutchad added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

lol...even if they make AC2010, no1 will pay a single penny to buy it after a disastrous ashes09 :rtfl

Trouble is you probably will, just like we all will....again and again and again!!!!:(:p:sarcasm

Ripanrocks

School Cricketer
I have already phased out Ashes 2009 if that helps!

dutchad added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Trouble is you probably will, just like we all will....again and again and again!!!!:(:p:sarcasm

What do you mean ?
The game is so disbalanced & codies doesnt even bother abt releasing a patch.
Ashes no doubt was a benchmark in the cricket game, but its not playable..atleast its nowhere near realism...i personally like the game but wouldnt buy a second game of its series unless its properly made...many ppl would like it coz hitting impossible sixes of worlds best bowlers with worlds worst batsmen is surely very attractive for them.
If the game is patched properly, then definitely i am gonna buy it.

D

Dutch

What do you mean ?
The game is so disbalanced & codies doesnt even bother abt releasing a patch.
Ashes no doubt was a benchmark in the cricket game, but its not playable..atleast its nowhere near realism...i personally like the game but wouldnt buy a second game of its series unless its properly made...many ppl would like it coz hitting impossible sixes of worlds best bowlers with worlds worst batsmen is surely very attractive for them.
If the game is patched properly, then definitely i am gonna buy it.

What I mean is that many of us say we wont buy another game because of the last game but we end up doing so because we are hoping that this time it will be good...but until now it remains a distant horizon.

Ripanrocks

School Cricketer
What I mean is that many of us say we wont buy another game because of the last game but we end up doing so because we are hoping that this time it will be good...but until now it remains a distant horizon.

Next time, I am not gonna repeat the same mistake as I did now...i.e I bought the original game first-up......but now I am gonna download a pirated version & if that seems ok then i will immediately buy an original version.

D

Dutch

Next time, I am not gonna repeat the same mistake as I did now...i.e I bought the original game first-up......but now I am gonna download a pirated version & if that seems ok then i will immediately buy an original version.

Mmmmmm, I wouldn't advertise that method too openly here if I were you. I can understand the frustration but it is definitely frowned upon here even though it probably happens a lot more that people are willing to admit.

Even though iIhave become bored with the game I still feel I should pay for it: it gave me enough amusement for a time and who knows if clever people can patch it it might still seem worthwhile playing.

Ripanrocks

School Cricketer
Mmmmmm, I wouldn't advertise that method too openly here if I were you. I can understand the frustration but it is definitely frowned upon here even though it probably happens a lot more that people are willing to admit.

Even though iIhave become bored with the game I still feel I should pay for it: it gave me enough amusement for a time and who knows if clever people can patch it it might still seem worthwhile playing.

I have patched a few games myself in the past like Crysis,Crysis Wars,COD & a few others where I even had my own forums for modding, but in this game I dont know how to edit coz theres only 1 file with the .big extension which cant be opened even by the .big editor :doh & most of all theres a secondary extension of .w32 which is an ext of trojan......I have my high school final exams starting from next week & the board exams in March, so dont have much time to give on modding this game, but if I find a way out I will definitely share it.

Users who are viewing this thread