Not a bad job

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
One of my mates is a Data Analyst for Aston Martin (I think I posted a piccie of me in a DBS last year) and he has the arduous task of taking them out for a spin every now and then (well, a bit more than that, it's half his job). On Tuesday he took this out for the day, and home for the night...

V12V02.jpg

:)

He also put the new Rapide (not yet released - it's a luxury 4-dr saloon, 6l V12 producing about 470bhp) on the dyno as they were doing braking and acceleration tests. 0.3g acceleration, which is roughly 0-60 in about 6/7 seconds, so quite easy. 5g braking, which is hard very hard. I'm sure those of you who watch F1 have seen drivers locking the wheels good and proper, well it works on a similar principle, heat spots will develop on the wheels and one will grip first, well, when one of them gripped first the rear of the car snapped and bounced off the side of the dyno! Bare in mind that wheel speed would have been in excess of 100mph during this test, he and others shat themselves.

2006-aston-martin-rapide-concept-scn-net-0083.jpg

Not a bad job, huh?

That's a friggin awesome job! Would probably be one of my dream jobs (especially for that company), would probably be 4th on my list of dream jobs after Cricketer, MMA Fighter and footballer. That's 1 lucky dude!

To the tally; Perfect job!!! :D!

Who doesn't want to check out those blazing beauties first amongst all? I mean, getting hands on every beast that's out before any rich guy gets one. Nicccee.

Bloody good job.

Last edited:
Would he be accountable if the car got jacked if he brought it home ? Or would that be Aston Martin's business.

Nonetheless awesomely epic job.

Would he be accountable if the car got jacked if he brought it home ? Or would that be Aston Martin's business.

Nonetheless awesomely epic job.

It'd be under the companies insurance, and he is insured to drive under them due to the "level" he is at with them. Only thing he can't do, afaik, is drive Astons on foreign racing circuits.

Users who are viewing this thread