Not much pace left

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why not? I remember him touching the high 140s, pretty sure he can crank up to 150s.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
I doubt that's true. Nothing on Cricinfo and doesn' make any sense.

The Paceman List:

Lee
Bond
Akhtar
Ntini
Fidel Edwards
Malinga
Steyn
Johnson
Aamer - NEW ENTRY
Roach - NEW ENTRY

Maybes:
Anderson
Jerome Taylor
Siddle
Morne Morkel

All three are regulary above 140, and Morkel was touching 150 in the last Test.

Asif is like 120km. I think he means quick bowlers.

He's actually around 130, and despite not being 'quick' as you say, he still was the leading wicket taker in the test series, and is a serious talent. Any team could use a bowler like him, who has such pinpoint accuracy.

P

pcfan123

Ntini touched 145 in the final over of the 1st Test against England.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Broad's quicker than Anderson. People don't seem to consider him genuinely quick, but he's been England's fastest bowler in the last few months, quicker than Flintoff (who should also be on the list, as he's still playing International cricket, or so he claims anyway). I've seen Broad touching 93mph on more than 1 occasion, on more than 1 ground, he bowled a few 92-93mph deliveries in the 1st Test against SA.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Broad's quicker than Anderson. People don't seem to consider him genuinely quick, but he's been England's fastest bowler in the last few months, quicker than Flintoff (who should also be on the list, as he's still playing International cricket, or so he claims anyway). I've seen Broad touching 93mph on more than 1 occasion, on more than 1 ground, he bowled a few 92-93mph deliveries in the 1st Test against SA.

Flintoff was the fastest English bowler in the Ashes. Lee would have beaten him though :p

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
For express pace it seems only Roach is left. Siddle and Johnson can do it at times but Siddle is usually 140 and Johnson mid 140. Morne Morkel can definitely get some pace going but again not in the express zone. But with his height his pace makes him very dangerous. Steyn is quick but again not in the zone. Edwards could be a maybe, I haven't seen him bowl in a while so can't comment.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Edwards usually averages around 87-88 mph during his spells with a good number of balls in the low 90s.
Really the only one that seems to bowl at 145+ speeds all the time is Roach.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
He's actually around 130, and despite not being 'quick' as you say, he still was the leading wicket taker in the test series, and is a serious talent. Any team could use a bowler like him, who has such pinpoint accuracy.
Definately a good accurate bowler, the only thing is this thread is about guys who consistantly bowl 140s regularly.
Hell, even Iain O'Brien was consistantly 140+ getting up around 148. Too bad really:facepalm. Now that Bond has retired from tests it makes the 150kph group alot smaller. Roach is one of the fastest going around IMO

TumTum

International Cricketer
Roach is one of the fastest going around IMO

Well there are 2 ways to go with a fast bowler.

You can keep the same pace but risk getting more injuries (Actor, Lee, Bond, Flintoff) or reduce in pace which most young fast bowlers do these days.

I personally have my doubts over Roach as being a "true" fast bowler however his good seam position and possible swing could still make him a good bowler. He just doesn't have enough "attacking" balls like he did at the WACA.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Oh yea forgot about Bollinger. He was getting mid 140s so quicker than Siddle has been most of the season and he hit 148km/h. Wouldn't mind seeing what he can hit in a ODI. He isn't an express quick but his pace was really good in Perth.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
In time he will learn how to be a proper fast bowler. He is only 21, dominated Bangladesh in his 1st ever test series and in his 2nd test series against one of the top sides in the world he did great. In only his 3rd test he was required to lead the attack against Australia and he did that well. He bowled some really good hostile spells and was hitting the batsman on a regular basis, Ponting can testify. With Joel Garner around and so many great quick bowlers back in the Caribbean he will learn and develop into a good bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread