Discussion Online Play General Discussion

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We do OK on our other sports as a winner is easier to calculate, Cricket is difficult in that regard.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ventured into the online world of DBC14 for the first time ever and felt the wrath of quitters. I lost my debut game comfortably owing to the fact I couldn't stop bowling no-balls. There seems to be a slight difference in timing when you play online which you need to get used to. My opponent scored 50 odd in 5 overs and I ended up with a total of 39 in response. In my 2nd game I was much better with the extras and had my opponent (Brad somehing) 21/3 in 4 overs and a bit and he he quit. In my 3rd and final game I was 42/2 in 4 overs before my opponent (AliKhan215 or something) quit.

I don't really mind any sort of tactics (slow spinners or medium pacers) but at least play out the full game. Big Ant folks need to learn from EA how to hand out a loss to quitters else online gaming almost becomes an exercise in futility. At the moment all you will be left with will be a bunch of online saved games with no hope of being resumed and completed.

We played couple of matches online yesterday. It was fun.

Your bowling needs some work though. Against good player's, use some variation. Even before the ball is bowled I knew exactly where you were going to bowl

For batting, the difficulty is somewhere between legend and veteran.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
We played couple of matches online yesterday. It was fun.

Your bowling needs some work though. Against good player's, use some variation. Even before the ball is bowled I knew exactly where you were going to bowl

For batting, the difficulty is somewhere between legend and veteran.

That was fun and it's to be expected. Y'day was my first day online and I have never really bowled much in the game. I focused mostly on career mode as a batsman and at the moment it's a challenge to not bowl wides and no-balls. Still don't have any idea how to control line or pace, and have no clue how to bowl with spinners.

Any tips on varying line & length, changing pace of deliveries and bowling with spinners would be appreciated.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
We do OK on our other sports as a winner is easier to calculate, Cricket is difficult in that regard.

Ross there has to be a way to figure out who disconnected. I've played Madden online quite a lot and have been awared a win whenever my opponent quit, even when my opponent was leading. Currently on DBC 14 it's either I lose or end up with a saved game.

D

Deleted member 149013

That was fun and it's to be expected. Y'day was my first day online and I have never really bowled much in the game. I focused mostly on career mode as a batsman and at the moment it's a challenge to not bowl wides and no-balls. Still don't have any idea how to control line or pace, and have no clue how to bowl with spinners.

Any tips on varying line & length, changing pace of deliveries and bowling with spinners would be appreciated.
Its a game you always learn from for me batting it was awful I would play people who are play in leagues and they would destroy me. It was a great example of a dyslexic reading the Don Bradman cricket manual and getting it very wrong but I have learned to start all over with a new technique and its working but its a game where there will be another challenge to encounter. With pace bowling I like to rub the ball to get to swing its sounds wrong but if you press box before each delivery. A good in swinger if you put the left stick at 1o clock and then the right stick at about 11. To confuse with length the next one left stick at 4 and right stick at eleven. but vary your pace with using R1 and L1. You get most edges with straight seam I have found if you get the timing right but bowling is a big jump up from rookie to pro. Spin I am still getting the hang of it myself and understand the frustration when it goes wide or the other online player sends it to the heavens.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross there has to be a way to figure out who disconnected. I've played Madden online quite a lot and have been awared a win whenever my opponent quit, even when my opponent was leading. Currently on DBC 14 it's either I lose or end up with a saved game.

There just isn't when it's peer to peer.

Did the net go down? Did someone turn the router off? Did someone pull the cable? Did some kill the power on the Console? etc etc we get none of that info from PSN/XBLA to ascertain where the issue lies.

EA run their own servers and are not peer to peer, they can tell if one person disconnect and the other is still alive.

wenger11

School Cricketer
IS this the biggest win in DBC history?

Attachments

• aamil vs ravi.jpg
    aamil vs ravi.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 42

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ha, i'm just surprised that the guy losing didn't quit! :p

Udit mohan

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
hii i am new with don bradman 14 plz tell me how to play don bradman 14 pc online

wenger11

School Cricketer
Yes, what Kushari said
You all should join our facebook group and you will get to play with lot of nice people who will play in good spirit and will avoid negative tactics

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I've just asked to join the group too :) Looking forward to getting some games in and maybe joining the league if theres a space :)

reeko2507

School Cricketer
I am keen to get into a don Bradman cricket league on ps3 if anyone needs a player let me know. Reeko 2507 on ps3

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Played 3 online matches and won 2 but in the 3rd match got glitches more than usual and bowled a few no balls as well which cost me the match imo....And some shots were played after the ball got past me and some shots were played wrongly i.e different from what I played....And in the 3rd match was not able to run as soon as I played a shot...

My questions are:

-Are all the stuffs I said above based on the connection I use alone or both the players??

-How can a match differ from one another in amount of glitches on a same day, has it got anything to do with the time of the day??

-How can the opposition side player throw a flat throw when I am only able to throw long throws only??

-Why is slogging so easy in the online gameplay...Shouldn't that be hard??
[I usually prefer ground shots more as I love the ball going past the fielder and take runs rather slogging every ball]

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Played 3 online matches and won 2 but in the 3rd match got glitches more than usual and bowled a few no balls as well which cost me the match imo....And some shots were played after the ball got past me and some shots were played wrongly i.e different from what I played....And in the 3rd match was not able to run as soon as I played a shot...

My questions are:

-Are all the stuffs I said above based on the connection I use alone or both the players??

-How can a match differ from one another in amount of glitches on a same day, has it got anything to do with the time of the day??

-How can the opposition side player throw a flat throw when I am only able to throw long throws only??

-Why is slogging so easy in the online gameplay...Shouldn't that be hard??
[I usually prefer ground shots more as I love the ball going past the fielder and take runs rather slogging every ball]

Online experience varies quite a bit from game to game. For example I had a pretty glitchy game yesterday where yorkers were called no-balls for height, bowling a batsman didn't result in a wkt, played a shot and saw the ball go towards the boundary but suddenly got a 'bad luck mate' message with ball magically appearing near the stumps, ball going past the fielders and when I started taking a run the ball suddenly teleported back to the fielder resulting in a run out.

Users who are viewing this thread