Discussion Online Play General Discussion

D

Deleted member 149013

The players attributes are normalised online, it doesn't matter if someone makes a "super team".
In real life if there was tampering, fixing or illegal bowling the ICC would step in. Its a game and people find ways to manipulate it with short cuts. I was raising an issue here not causing trouble and for Big Ant if that's where your from to investigate and make it fair. Why should you have to put up with cheating?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was just letting you know that there is no issue if you play normalised, if you don't then you might cop it but then you couldn't call it cheating.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In real life if there was tampering, fixing or illegal bowling the ICC would step in. Its a game and people find ways to manipulate it with short cuts. I was raising an issue here not causing trouble and for Big Ant if that's where your from to investigate and make it fair. Why should you have to put up with cheating?

That's how online gaming generally plays out. It's for competitive gamers and folks will do anything to get a W online. No matter what the game developers do, folks will find a way to beat the system and find out different set of gotchas.

D

Deleted member 149013

I was just letting you know that there is no issue if you play normalised, if you don't then you might cop it but then you couldn't call it cheating.
I see what your saying Ross. I think if a game isn't normalised then edited players would be harder to get out than unedited. The matter of bowling with short mediums or fast bowlers with Yorkers, this makes it harder to hit the ball so I would class both as cheating maybe harsh but some would call it tactics when its all they do.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
At some point BA should try and make the successive bowling of Yorker upon yorker or whatever else to become more difficult .

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I've now made the change to where this forum is - the poll was overwhelmingly in favour of the shift.

This thread is for general discussion of online play - if you feel a particular online play issue needs to be discussed, tag it with the Discussion prefix, and use the PC/PS3/Xbox 360 prefixes for leagues and tournaments.

rnjthkmr

School Cricketer
Hello everyone,

I recently started playing online matches and had some wonderful time and some bad gaming experince also. There are few people I felt who play the game with real cricket manner. There is one player who spoke to me while playing and gave me advice on how to play :). But few others I met were just doing everything to get the win. No matter what it is. I dont want to complain them but it is few option they use in the game are not good. Slow ball bouncers with fast medium and medium bolwers. No matter how good I time it, it will be missed or it will be caught. (Not only slow balls bouncers any slow ball for that matter). I am not saying anything about normal slow deliveries. The type of delivery they used were not normal which is very slow, sometimes less than 110 KMPH with fast medium bowlers. In real cricket I could have smacked those deliveries to boundary for sure. But in game it is not possible. Also, bowling utmost slower delveries with spinners which will almost bounce second time before reaching the stump.

Sometimes the fieders are reacting very slow or not reacting at all. They do unwanted circus near the boundary line to give extra runs

It would be nice if these things are taken care in the futre patches of the game.

rnjthkmr

School Cricketer
Depends on the player, much more satisfying playing the game within the spirit than a win for win's sake, however the net is full of win at all cost types.

To the people in Big Ant Studios. Can you please do anything for the matches that are being quit in the middle by the opponents. There is a Calculte result option appearing when the match is almost finished. There are people who just quit the game when they loose all their wickets when batting first or quit the game when they loose two or three quick wickets when batting second. Even then the calculte result option is not appearing most of the times. It becomes waste of time and reduces the interest in playing online matches.

My opinion will be the options should be to either to 'Save' or 'Take Win' when the other player quits the game. The option (Do you want to save) "NO" has no use at all. The player who is in winning position should not miss out victory because the other player quits the game.

Last edited:

kushari

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To the people in Big Ant Studios. Can you please do anything for the matches that are being quit in the middle by the opponents. There is a Calculte result option appearing when the match is almost finished. There are people who just quit the game when they loose all their wickets when batting first or quit the game when they loose two or three quick wickets when batting second. Even then the calculte result option is not appearing most of the times. It becomes waste of time and reduces the interest in playing online matches.

My opinion will be the options should be to either to 'Save' or 'Take Win' when the other player quits the game. The option (Do you want to save) "NO" has no use at all. The player who is in winning position should not miss out victory because the other player quits the game.

You on Steam / PS3 or X Box? If on PC/Steam, you can consider joining our Facebook Group. We play with certain rules....Facebook

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
He is on PS3 Kushari .

Where the real action happens :)

I have played against him and thoroughly enjoyed the game . Was played in great spirits.

Mate , when I know you a little better , I will give you the douchebag list I have compiled through my own online experiences , if you steer cleer of these cheaters you would mostly have a good experience.

Oh and do hang around in our Online Leagues section , there most of these Slow Short bowling are outlawed , so everybody enjoys it much more.

rnjthkmr

School Cricketer
You on Steam / PS3 or X Box? If on PC/Steam, you can consider joining our Facebook Group. We play with certain rules....Facebook
I am playing in PS3 sir. I have played this game for nearly three months in my friends place and recently bought my own PS3. Even my friend stopped playing online matches because of the quitters :(

rnjthkmr

School Cricketer
He is on PS3 Kushari .

Where the real action happens :)

I have played against him and thoroughly enjoyed the game . Was played in great spirits.

Mate , when I know you a little better , I will give you the douchebag list I have compiled through my own online experiences , if you steer cleer of these cheaters you would mostly have a good experience.

Oh and do hang around in our Online Leagues section , there most of these Slow Short bowling are outlawed , so everybody enjoys it much more.
Sir, I really enjoyed the game we played. went till the last over. I recently met Francis sir. We both work for the same company, shift timing is also almost same. He was the one who gave me advice on how to bowl spin bowling in this game and bat against it. He also said I will need whats app to join online leagues. But I use a very old model phone so I cant use whats app.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yes our Whatsapp groups are the place where the day to day talks and arrangements takes place . But its not impossible to participate in the leagues without whatsapp , just a bit harder. Meaning you should be much more in contact with the guys on here.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ventured into the online world of DBC14 for the first time ever and felt the wrath of quitters. I lost my debut game comfortably owing to the fact I couldn't stop bowling no-balls. There seems to be a slight difference in timing when you play online which you need to get used to. My opponent scored 50 odd in 5 overs and I ended up with a total of 39 in response. In my 2nd game I was much better with the extras and had my opponent (Brad somehing) 21/3 in 4 overs and a bit and he he quit. In my 3rd and final game I was 42/2 in 4 overs before my opponent (AliKhan215 or something) quit.

I don't really mind any sort of tactics (slow spinners or medium pacers) but at least play out the full game. Big Ant folks need to learn from EA how to hand out a loss to quitters else online gaming almost becomes an exercise in futility. At the moment all you will be left with will be a bunch of online saved games with no hope of being resumed and completed.

Users who are viewing this thread