OZ A Tour of India.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
The real cricket gets underway tomorrow.. Sunday with the first 4 day match. This is super important dfor the Aussie A batsmen as spots are open for the two tester in the UAE in October.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Australia A four-day squad: Mitchell Marsh (c), Alex Carey (vc), Ashton Agar, Brendan Doggett, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Jon Holland, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Joel Paris, Kurtis Patterson, Matthew Renshaw, Mitch Swepson, Chris Tremain

Last edited:

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Dry and lifeless pitches are one thing for the Australia A quicks to deal with, but a foreign ball used by India that scuffs quickly are another piece of the puzzle to unravel.

Test hopeful Chris Tremain has described bowling with the SG ball "like bowling on cement" and that it was so torn up after just one over it looked like "a dog's breakfast" .

Well Chris you did not expect it would be easy here in the sub continent did you?

It will be a steep learning curve for the Shields best bowler one that could catapult him into the Test side for the October UAE series.

Last edited:

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Gotta say todays pitch looks far from dry and lifeless. Plenty of patchy grass to aid the quicks. Head won toss and is batting.
DmDt2EkV4AA83vC.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1535871451][/DOUBLEPOST]3-86 at lunch. Khawaja 50*

Last edited:

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Ussie (127) held the innings together. Labu (60) continues to impress. Aust.A 243. Siraj took an 8for.

Cricinfo not providing live commentary. Not even an online blog by CA. Where is the support for red ball cricket..

Last edited:

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Hopefully Renshaw will be fit for next game. I'm a bit confused on why they only put 1 spinner into the XI, sure Head can bowl a bit, but he's a batsmen who can bowl decently well. Bring in Agar and Sweppo for next game. This is India, the spin capital of the world.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
India A have been bowled out for 274, Neser picks up 4, along with Holland with 3 and Dogget with 1. Hopefully the boys can make a bigger score than the first innings, because that was a bit embarrassing. I'm still hoping Burns and Renshaw will be the UAE tour's openers.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Joe of course. How is his spin play btw. That has to be a big criteria for selection. Still he deserves another shot for mine too.

Stumps Day 2. Aust. 1-42.

Last edited:

Bhumi

Club Captain
Joe of course. How is his spin play btw. That has to be a big criteria for selection. Still he deserves another shot for mine too.

Stumps Day 2. Aust. 1-42.
24 year Ankit Bawne's 91 and MAYANK AGARWAL 47 among runs from India A.I think Holland might blow Second string indians in the last innings at Banglore, interesting match, kuldeep/ Gowtham must restric Aus.A under 200.Uzzie's should hold one end till 44th over,if he can.i think BCCI must call Mohammad Siraj (9 wkts) in the first test on Oct 4th,in India vs Holder's WINDIES.

No on going game from Banglore, on TV because 4 day game, but DULEEP TROPHY final on tv today pink ball game 5 day, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread