Pakistan in Sri Lanka

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
aussie1st said:
Inzi out but surely Pakistan can't lose in 15 overs.
Don't you dare jinx them. Inzi was only two short of his 50. Bummer.

I was about to post the same regarding Malik. Even I was very surprised to see him opening after so many failures, but looks like he's finally getting it. If this in fact does end in a draw, I wonder who'll be the MOM.

Wow! Murali gets hit for 20 runs in an over. Are they trying to chase the total? :eek:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan made it to the draw. :)

I heard they lost 30 minutes of rain. 30 minutes of rain is about 7 overs and could have come handy. There were 7 overs left and 121 runs needed. 121 runs in 14 runs would a good chase then.

Sangakkara was the Man of the Match, but for me it should have been Malik who practically saved the match. But I've got no problem with Sangakkara being named as Man of the Match.

nightprowler10

Executive member
I agree. Malik should've been MOM for playing such a good knock under tremendous pressure. Sangakarra's inning was great but it wasn't played under so much pressure. I bet Afridi could've raised hell on this day 4 pitch. Oh well, I'm happy with the draw, especially since I was worried yesterday that Pakistan was gonna lose.

Bilal91

International Coach
Yeah, i agree...Malik ahould have been man of the match as he made 148 runs not out in a very tight situation and also took a couple of wickets (Sangakara)...

Wahindiawah

School Cricketer
Congrats to Pakistan for saving the test match, indeed the lads made their fans proud.

I think losing a series 1-0 is far better than losing it 2-0, if Pakistan had ended up losing both test matches then some ppl might have questioned their earlier win, in particulary the 2-0 series win over England on dodgy home pitches.

I wish both team best for the next match, hopefully Inz's boys would be able to save that test match too.

Bilal91 said:
Yeah, i agree...Malik ahould have been man of the match as he made 148 runs not out in a very tight situation and also took a couple of wickets (Sangakara)...

Well, you can't get lucky all the time.

Last edited:

gaurav_indian

International Coach
Wahindiawah said:
Congrats to Pakistan for saving the test match, indeed the lads made their fans proud.

I think losing a series 1-0 is far better than losing it 2-0, if Pakistan had ended up losing both test matches then some ppl might have questioned their earlier win, in particulary the 2-0 series win over England on dodgy home pitches.

I wish both team best for the next match, hopefully Inz's boys would be able to save that test match too.
What do u mean by losing the series 1-0 is far better than 2-0?Do u think that Pakistan will lose the next test match? :mad

Wahindiawah

School Cricketer
gaurav_indian said:
What do u mean by losing the series 1-0 is far better than 2-0?Do u think that Pakistan will lose the next test match? :mad

Most likely!

Sl were a far better team in the first match, and if Vaas return then they will get futher stronger.Pak doesn't have a bowling attack that can take 20 wkts.There can only be two results, a draw or a well deserve Lankan win.

Its amazing how Pakistan keeps avoiding certain defeats in close matches.The matches against India (mohali) against England and now against SL.It is said that Inzi is going to retire after world cup 2007, and plans to write a biography, i think he should title the biography "Great Escapes"!!!

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Executive member
Wahindiawah said:
Most likely!

Sl were a far better team in the first match, and if Vaas return then they will get futher stronger.Pak doesn't have a bowling attack that can take 20 wkts.There can only be two results, a draw or a well deserve Lankan win.
Bull! Lankans were not far better than Pakistan. Both teams played good cricket under the circumstances.

gaurav_indian

International Coach
Wahindiawah said:
Most likely!

I like your jokes. :D

Bilal91

International Coach
Wahindiawah said:

Were you sleeping during the match or something mate :p If Pakistan had only 1-2 more hours they would have easily one with 6 or so wickets...

Wahindiawah

School Cricketer
Bilal91 said:
Were you sleeping during the match or something mate :p If Pakistan had only 1-2 more hours they would have easily one with 6 or so wickets...

They would have won??? U should be greatful that Pak drew thhe match, thanks to umpires, drop catches and rain.Had rain not spoiled 80 minutes and Umpire given Malik out when he clearly was, then Pakistan would have been bowled out before tea.

nightprowler10 said:
Bull! Lankans were not far better than Pakistan. Both teams played good cricket under the circumstances.

The way Pakistan bowled in second innings can only be described as "pathetic".

Asif is the lone good bowler in Pak attack, and even he didn't bowled well in second innings. Gul & Razzak were rubbish, and Danish is overrated.Interestingly Inzi said after the match that Danish's performance was dissapointing.

Its sad to see Pak team bowling attack being so weak.

Wahindiawah

School Cricketer
nightprowler10 said:
And Murali was the lone warrior for SL in the second innings. How does that make them far better than us.

Murali is murali, he cannot be compared with any Pak bowler, the way he gets the wkts and the frequency he gets them gives Lanka a big advantage.

I thought Maharoof bowled well in second innings too, also the other SL seamer was good too. In contrast Umar GUl and Razzak were totally dull and unimpressive, i'm surprised that they are still playing test matches

I

imran khan

Wahindiawah said:
Murali is murali, he cannot be compared with any Pak bowler, the way he gets the wkts and the frequency he gets them gives Lanka a big advantage.

I thought Maharoof bowled well in second innings too, also the other SL seamer was good too. In contrast Umar GUl and Razzak were totally dull and unimpressive, i'm surprised that they are still playing test matches

what ever brother atleast we did not get out on 100 on last day of the test match

Wahindiawah said:
They would have won??? U should be greatful that Pak drew thhe match, thanks to umpires, drop catches and rain.Had rain not spoiled 80 minutes and Umpire given Malik out when he clearly was, then Pakistan would have been bowled out before tea.

The way Pakistan bowled in second innings can only be described as "pathetic".

Asif is the lone good bowler in Pak attack, and even he didn't bowled well in second innings. Gul & Razzak were rubbish, and Danish is overrated.Interestingly Inzi said after the match that Danish's performance was dissapointing.

Its sad to see Pak team bowling attack being so weak.

how come you expet from bowlers to take wickets when there was nothing form them in the pitch

both team took wickets in 1 st innings when there was some thing in it

Wahindiawah said:

yes murli is murli thats why he took 6 wickets in each inings and took the game away from pak

Wahindiawah said:

the break was 30 minutes not 80 you ae just making stff up and rying to bather some pak fans in this thread

Wahindiawah

School Cricketer
Imran Khan, can you plz come out of retirement and play for Pak again, i'm sure even at this age you will fare far better than the likes of Rao,Rana and Gul.

imran khan said:
what ever brother atleast we did not get out on 100 on last day of the test match

Or 50 in each innings , like the one on Sharjah against AUS!

how come you expet from bowlers to take wickets when there was nothing form them in the pitch

both team took wickets in 1 st innings when there was some thing in it

Still Lankan bowled much better in the second innings unlike Pakistan.BOB Woolmer and Inzi himself said that their bowled bowled VERY POORLY in second innings, ever thought as to why they said that when the wkt had nothing for bowlers??????????????????

Users who are viewing this thread