Pakistan Revolving Door Thread (now with more Jabba)

chapmanp

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The truth is that Pakistan is simply not good enough to play Australia and they know it and thats why they are always praying to God for victories.

I really think that Zimbabwe would beat the current Pakistani eleven.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
They seem scared of the ball sometimes and they overact when the ball hits their hands etc. Even the u19 Pakistanis were god awful at fielding, they rarely fielded anything cleanly in the covers.

I think a lot has to do with playing with a tennis ball when younger and when they make the switch to a real a ball in their teens they have to get over that "fear of getting hurt" a lot later than kids in the UK/Aus who play with real balls from as young as 12
And I'd imagine if you come into an age bracket where even the oldest ones are spilling catches, you might not need to prove yourself to them.

With that in mind, were we all paying attention to Kamran Akmal in the Twenty20? Proof that it's not just black and white. In Kamran's case, it wasn't about who is the right player, but when he would be up to it. The correct answer is always that it's never too soon. A key aspect of Australia's methodology is being ready from the outset and striking the first blow. Although at times like Cardiff, the result hasn't quite developed, it was especially obvious in the West Indies series. The West Indies put up a fight, but not until they were at a disadvantage. Timing is a big thing in cricket, but it works on large scales as well as small ones.

So for Pakistan, with the example of Kamran Akmal a fresh case in point, they may need to look harder at the way they train their players and prepare them, than who they get to play.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
The truth is that Pakistan is simply not good enough to play Australia and they know it and thats why they are always praying to God for victories.

I really think that Zimbabwe would beat the current Pakistani eleven.

2uj5lk0.jpg

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I don't see how he can be held accountable. The players simply didn't stand up.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If Chappell is coach, expecting some fireworks from Pakistan with some spicy media news with inside snippets about Pakistani players (Source: Chappell himself):laugh

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Greg Chappell declines Pakistan coaching job

110371.2.jpg

Greg Chappell has turned down an approach from the Pakistan board to coach the national team. Chappell's name had been floating around Pakistan cricket's corridors of power as a possible alternative to Intikhab Alam, the incumbent, whose position is currently in limbo following Pakistan's tour to Australia where they failed to win a single match.

Chappell, a former Australian captain, coached India for two tumultuous years between 2005 and 2007. He is now working with Cricket Australia, a role which he is reluctant to leave and he confirmed that an approach had been made. "Wasim Bari [chief operating officer, PCB] rang me yesterday," Chappell told Cricinfo. "I was honoured and flattered by the approach but I have declined the invitation.

"I have no ambition to coach at the international level again and I am committed to my role with CA as Head Coach at the Centre of Excellence and Chairman of our National Youth Selection Panel."

The approach does at least confirm that the PCB is actively looking for a replacement for Intikhab, an issue over which there is considerable confusion still. Ijaz Butt, chairman PCB, told a TV channel a few days ago that Pakistan would have no problems in looking outside for a coach.

It was then announced that Intikhab would not be accompanying Pakistan to Dubai where they take on England in two T20Is on February 19 and 20. Aaqib Javed, the assistant coach, is not travelling with the side either. Instead, Ijaz Ahmed, coach of the Pakistan Under-19 side that finished runners-up at the recent World Cup, will be with the team as a batting and fielding coach; he is already in the UAE with the Pakistan 'A' side.

Bari played down the move, saying it wasn't unusual for a coach to not travel with the side, especially on such a short tour. He refused to say definitively whether Intikhab, in his third stint as coach with the senior team, was being removed and also denied that contact had been made with Chappell.

Cricinfo understands that the board, perhaps surprisingly, has yet to make any contact with Intikhab over the decision to not send him to Dubai, or over his future beyond that, a lack of communication those close to Intikhab say has disappointed him. Intikhab was appointed by the board in October 2008, as a replacement for Geoff Lawson, on a two-year contract. At the time the board was keen to go for a local option. He was at the helm as Pakistan won the ICC World Twenty20 in June last year, but has also seen Pakistan go through all of last year having failed to win a single ODI or Test series.

He is due to appear before a board inquiry committee, headed by Bari, on February 13 to explain the reasons behind Pakistan's performance in Australia. His tour report has already been handed in. The board insists that any final decision on the future of the coach, a new captain and any other appointments, will only be taken once the committee has presented its findings

Greg Chappell declines Pakistan coaching job | Pakistan Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Prevented future slap gates.

Appreciate the wit from him.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
When a coach is deposed for performances, I think it is always important to put that in some frame of reference.

Geoff Lawson July 2007 - Oct 2008
Tests: 0-3-2
Pakistan only played two series, both difficult engagements against South Africa and India.

ODIs: 19-9
Pakistan played many ODIs against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, even playing Hong Kong in the Asia Cup. Perhaps it is more accurate to say their record against Sri Lanka, India and South Africa was 6-9

Intikhab Alam Nov 2008 - Feb 2010
Tests: 1-4-6
Pakistan played four series, drawing their ill-fated home series against Sri Lanka and also their "home" series in NZ. Although they did finally win a match in Wellington, many would have hoped for even better results against Sri Lanka and New Zealand.

ODIs: 11-17
Pakistan did well initially in ODIs against the West Indies, but lost series to Sri Lanka and NZ. Two lost series to Australia destroyed their record.

The glaring observation to be made is that both coaches were given just 16 months to improve the side. Although that should be taken into consideration, whatever the factors; and there are many; the team has not improved in the last 3 years. They are as far from the heights of Bob Woolmer's tenure as ever.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
They need to get someone who will be strict and bring some more discipline to the team. Chappel might have worked too. Shame he didn't take the job. What about Inzi and Moin Khan? They were the coaches of the Badshah's and that team had really great chemistry, and I've never seen both the Imran's play better. They seemed to have that team play as an actual team, and the younger players often stepped. Plus both will have the respect of all the players before hand. Moin Khan could also considerably help Akmal, while Inzy would provide beneficial tips how to close matches, as he was very good at that role.

Users who are viewing this thread