Pakistan Revolving Door Thread (now with more Jabba)

Pakistan's new coach announced.

It is....

Waqar Younis.

Daily Express News Story (Yes, I realize this source helps very few)

The story states that he had a meeting with Ijaz Butt, and all of Waqar's conditions were met. Waqar also states that the players were so busy fighting amongst themselves that they had no time to fight Australia.

If he has been signed on to coach Pakistan then great, I think he'll do a very good job. After hearing him in the commentry box all summer you could tell he loved Pakistan cricket deeply, but knew their were a lot of problems. Hopefully he sorts them out.

Hopefully, but from what I have heard he is just as involved in the politicizing of selection as anyone else.

Basically it will now be his crew running things as opposed to somebody elses. Might be good though since he actually knows his cricket.

Hopefully, but from what I have heard he is just as involved in the politicizing of selection as anyone else.

Basically it will now be his crew running things as opposed to somebody elses. Might be good though since he actually knows his cricket.
Not really - he wasn't allowed to have much control in what happened in the dressing room; he didn't have very much control.

This bodes well for the Pakistani team. They desperately need some stability in the management and Waqar might just be the one to bring that about, maybe help the Paks pick up a couple more wins down the line. All in all, good choice I say.

Thank you, finally. I was hoping either Waqar would take the job, he understands the team extremely well this is a great move I cannot wait to see what he does.

Well hopefully they give him a decent amount of time and don't just fire him after 1 or 2 series. It will take a hell of a lot of time to get Pakistan out of the rut they are in. Patience will be the key

Well hopefully they give him a decent amount of time and don't just fire him after 1 or 2 series. It will take a hell of a lot of time to get Pakistan out of the rut they are in. Patience will be the key
I think Waqar will be retained till the end of summer at the very least.

The T20 WC, unless he fails miseribly, won't be given too much thought (and Pakistan are successful at the format anyway, so whether he does anything or not may not make as much difference).

Then we have 6 tests in England, 5 ODIs, and 2 T20s. Should be a good test for Waqar - if we come through those 13 games with about maybe 7 of them won, and 1-2 draws, it will be a successful summer for Waqar.

I think Waqar will be retained till the end of summer at the very least.

The T20 WC, unless he fails miseribly, won't be given too much thought (and Pakistan are successful at the format anyway, so whether he does anything or not may not make as much difference).

Then we have 6 tests in England, 5 ODIs, and 2 T20s. Should be a good test for Waqar - if we come through those 13 games with about maybe 7 of them won, and 1-2 draws, it will be a successful summer for Waqar.

The England series is crucial, he needs to do well there, Pakistan usually have play extremely well in England. I think that Waqar could bring that strength and aggressiveness to the Pakistani bowlers that him and Wasim had, by this Pakistan can become a strong contender in a few years.

finally a good choice. I did predict this before as he is a national hero, will be able to communicate with the players easily... has a lot of respect and is fine tuned to the modern game.

one thing is for sure... Gul will get his mojo back... no one else to get those inswinging yorkers back working again than the king of toe crushers himself

Waqar is an excellent choice. People may argue that Pak need a batting coach a lot more than a bowling one. Fact ism our batting line has always been pathetic to say the least. It has been our bowling that has done the job consistently throughout our playing years. Waqar should be able to impart his invaluable knowledge to younger lot. Hopefully our bowlers will learn to bowl reverse swing much better from hereon in.

Users who are viewing this thread