• No!

Votes: 31 25.2%

• Total voters

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boom Boom era is well underway.
What's funny is Pakistan were beaten, in the final no less, by a team who had three players score above 135 in the World Cup (although Chris Woakes only faced three balls) and the match-winning innings in the final was scored at about 106SR. Pakistan had five players above 135, although Naseem Shah also only faced three balls.

That being said, it was England's openers who scored above 135 (144 roughly) whereas Pakistan's managed 109 and 93.

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
@CerealKiller it's quite telling that they're apparently looking at Shan. He's hardly a must pick in any format and, like I said after the T20 WC, Pakistan are probably exceeding expectations in T20, and they've had a solid run in ODIs.

Shadab or Rizwan are the only two that I'd be considering for limited overs. However, I think Babar deserves to lead the team to the World Cup.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@CerealKiller it's quite telling that they're apparently looking at Shan. He's hardly a must pick in any format and, like I said after the T20 WC, Pakistan are probably exceeding expectations in T20, and they've had a solid run in ODIs.

Shadab or Rizwan are the only two that I'd be considering for limited overs. However, I think Babar deserves to lead the team to the World Cup.
Shan comes from an extremely wealthy family, and was educated in a private school in England. Being clean-cut with polished English gives you some advantages in Pakistan, unfortunately. Plus, Najam Sethi has a similarly privileged background. Also could be because he's seen as malleable, and not as loyal to Babar as any of the other contenders.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
As always, Pakistan cricket is a reflection of Pakistan as a country

To be fair, I would be totally in favour of ending Babar's tenure. Nothing to do with his influence, he's just a remarkably crap captain.

In Test cricket I'd replace him with Saud Shakeel, in white-ball cricket probably either Rizwan or Shadab. Shan Masood wouldn't be a bad appointment though - he fits into the vacancy created by Azhar Ali's retirement, and his tenacity and analytical approach may well lend themselves solidly to captaincy. I'd support his appointment.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Shan Masood wouldn't be a bad appointment though - he fits into the vacancy created by Azhar Ali's retirement, and his tenacity and analytical approach may well lend themselves solidly to captaincy. I'd support his appointment.
He’s not making any runs though. Let’s see if he can change that in the next Test series in Sri Lanka.

Users who are viewing this thread