Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

angloindian

Banned
Isn't this a common occurrence almost everywhere? I have seen many Indian captains play under other people. Ditto with Australia and England. Don't get why this is a big deal...

In India, all domestic cricketers, especially captains are picked on merit and first class skill level.

I think the point here is most cricketers in Pakistan are there due to nepotism/ It's why the international teams from Pakistan are struggling so bad.
I would even scratch my head at someone like Shan Masood being made test captain.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
In India, all domestic cricketers, especially captains are picked on merit and first class skill level.

I think the point here is most cricketers in Pakistan are there due to nepotism/ It's why the international teams from Pakistan are struggling so bad.
I would even scratch my head at someone like Shan Masood being made test captain.
Actually, ever since Dravid took over, Indian captaincy has been offered on a silver platter. If you have been a part of the team for 2 years, you get to captain. I have to disagree with you here.

India and Pakistan are more or less similar in all respects. Selection, favoritism, bias is prevalent everywhere. The original point that I have been trying to make being that it matters not who is captain in the domestic round up. The subcontinent and its followers are always going to treat the more experienced person as a demi God. In the case above too, while Ghani might have found favour at the highest levels, but to call it 'audacity' of making Shan Masood play under him- that's really unnecessary. Happens in most places, Test captains play under novices- they don't complain. Tendulkar played under the likes of Dighe and Bahutule. There are many other such examples.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Actually, ever since Dravid took over, Indian captaincy has been offered on a silver platter. If you have been a part of the team for 2 years, you get to captain. I have to disagree with you here.

India and Pakistan are more or less similar in all respects. Selection, favoritism, bias is prevalent everywhere. The original point that I have been trying to make being that it matters not who is captain in the domestic round up. The subcontinent and its followers are always going to treat the more experienced person as a demi God. In the case above too, while Ghani might have found favour at the highest levels, but to call it 'audacity' of making Shan Masood play under him- that's really unnecessary. Happens in most places, Test captains play under novices- they don't complain. Tendulkar played under the likes of Dighe and Bahutule. There are many other such examples.

That’s a long reply (ironic, I know) to a banned troll. :spy

Users who are viewing this thread