Are you Pakistani Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 92 74.8%
  • No!

Votes: 31 25.2%

• Total voters

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
The thing is Fawad isn't in their plans. They might select him in next tour just because of media pressure and then drop him if he fails to deliver.

Its hilarious why Inzy is saying Fawad keep working hard. Does this mean If Fawad doesn't score in upcoming domestic seasons then Inzy would have excuse look other players had better averages so Fawad is left out? But I met him and pat his shoulder while saying "Hey Fawad, Keep working hard till you reach 40" so that we have an excuse that we are looking at younger players now. lol

Allow me to say that the liking/disliking thing is with Sarfraz as well. One can clearly see that based on his selections and media interviews.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The thing is Fawad isn't in their plans. They might select him in next tour just because of media pressure and then drop him if he fails to deliver.

Its hilarious why Inzy is saying Fawad keep working hard. Does this mean If Fawad doesn't score in upcoming domestic seasons then Inzy would have excuse look other players had better averages so Fawad is left out? But I met him and pat his shoulder while saying "Hey Fawad, Keep working hard till you reach 40" so that we have an excuse that we are looking at younger players now. lol

Allow me to say that the liking/disliking thing is with Sarfraz as well. One can clearly see that based on his selections and media interviews.

Fully agree with you. Isn't the point of having a tour the combinination of experience and youth. Plus, Fawad has only just gone past 32, he still has atleast 5-6 years in him as he is one of the fittest Pakistani players to date.

I just don't understand the point of bringing in so many debutants and openers for such an important series. If this series was against Bangla, Zim or Sri Lanka I would have understood a more relaxed squad, but this squad just lacks common sense - especially the Imam ul Haq decision. I hope Inzi doesn't make Imam into another Shan Masood because I really think Imam has potential but at this young age it might not be the best to push him into international cricket at this level.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Sometimes I feel that we shouldn't have invested in Asad Shafiq.

Asad Shafiq has been beneficial to the squad at number 6 when the team was settled under Misbah. I think investing on him for test matches was the right move at the right time. However, Now he needs to have more responsibility and cover the gap which the two legends have left wide open. I think England is maybe one final opportunity for him to regain his form and prove to the world of his test match capabilities.

PS: IMO, I have more hopes with Haris Sohail as a settled middle order batsman. He can serve really long and can help fill that gap provided he stays fit. Highly consistent batsman under any format.

Last edited:

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23274827/squad-england-tour-best-best-sarfraz-ahmed

Something about this stinks. I read this as though Sarfaraz is insinuating that he didn't have a final say in whether Fawad should be picked. Either he's an idiot for picking imam over Fawad, or spineless in making clear he wants the best team, which everyone agrees should have included Fawad. It might be a bit unfair to criticize him individually but a captain should have a backbone that he/she can voice their concerns, which I don't see in Sarfaraz. I could be wrong, but that's my read of it.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23274827/squad-england-tour-best-best-sarfraz-ahmed

Something about this stinks. I read this as though Sarfaraz is insinuating that he didn't have a final say in whether Fawad should be picked. Either he's an idiot for picking imam over Fawad, or spineless in making clear he wants the best team, which everyone agrees should have included Fawad. It might be a bit unfair to criticize him individually but a captain should have a backbone that he/she can voice their concerns, which I don't see in Sarfaraz. I could be wrong, but that's my read of it.

You're clearly looking too deep into this.

Sarfaraz clearly doesn't have the international captaincy experience to make resounding decisions for tough foreign tours(unlike previous captains like Misbah, Afridi etc.) and with the likes of Mickey Arthur, Inzi and others in the camp supporting in making the tough decisions, who have better experience and understanding of what to expect. To call him spineless is beyond stupid. He almost certainly didn't pick Imam (Inzi is behind this) and support to push Saad Ali over Fawad Alam is most likely a group decision over just him.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Apparently, this doesn't count as "provocative gesture" :lol:lol:lol

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
BREAKING NEWS : AFTER AFRIDI, HASAN ALI EXPOSED AS ISI AGENT! [HASHTAG]#TIMESINDIAPUNISHESPAK[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#PAKMINDSETREVEALED[/HASHTAG]

All these stupid news channel should have their license revoked. They just sensationalize news for money and TRP and there is nothing concrete. Half the world problems are due to SOCIAL MEDIA and the over powered-ness of News Channels like these.

EDIT

I feel there was nothing wrong and they were all having fun. Heck I have been to Wagah Border 3 times and have enjoyed something similar. But it was not a social media age back when I was there.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I feel there was nothing wrong and they were all having fun. Heck I have been to Wagah Border 3 times and have enjoyed something similar. But it was not a social media age back when I was there.
Yeah, i've been there too. It's great fun.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I read on a new strip that South Africa is going to host a home series against Pakistan this year. Been a long while since Pakistan toured South Africa for a Full Series. Moreover, More test matches more practice for our players. Pakistan tour England fairly larger compared to other Foreign tours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread