Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sahibzada farhan has a list A average of 49 in 28 matches. He should definitely be in for fakhar in the next tour.
He should be in the mix for T20s, i think. Fakhar deserves one more chance, and if not him, then Abid Ali

Trex99

Club Captain
I still have mixed opinions about imam but he's one of the only young openers we have alongside sahibzada farhan who are capable of playing the longer formats.[DOUBLEPOST=1562414461][/DOUBLEPOST]
He should be in the mix for T20s, i think. Fakhar deserves one more chance, and if not him, then Abid Ali
Abid ali's 29. He's got about what??
4,5 years left in him?? But he should definitely be used for the short term plan in rebuilding the team.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Can I butt in as an England fan?

I think Pakistan have looked like semi finalists in the last half of the tournament. Bar rain and one bad result (which in a 9 game league shouldn't have such an impact) they've performed really well. They were in an impossible position yesterday and seemed to take the sensible option of just going out to win and did so comfortably. They got a very good win against England, so if they'd got into the semis who knows how they'd have done. There looks like there's plenty of talent in the bowling department coming through, just need to find some exciting young players to compliment Babar in the middle order.

Phil Simmons looks like he'll be available as a coach, you could do worse than get him in, unless the West Indies try and lure him back. Unlike a lot of teams there's plenty of positives for Pakistan.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sarfaraz is just not good enough. He was always a mediocre cricketer. We made him our captain. His captaincy skills are average. His shouting skills are great. Time to move on from him.
My future XI would be:
Imam
Abid/Haider/Ahsan
Babar
Iftikhar
Saud/Amin/Saad/Khushdil
Rohail/Rizwan
Amad/Yamin
U Khan/Z Gohar
Naseem Shah
Shaheen
Hasnain/Shinwari

Kamran Ghulam, Saif Badar and some u-19 players should be groomed.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sarfaraz is just not good enough. He was always a mediocre cricketer. We made him our captain. His captaincy skills are average. His shouting skills are great. Time to move on from him.
My future XI would be:
Imam
Abid/Haider/Ahsan
Babar
Iftikhar
Saud/Amin/Saad/Khushdil
Rohail/Rizwan
Amad/Yamin
U Khan/Z Gohar
Naseem Shah
Shaheen
Hasnain/Shinwari

Kamran Ghulam, Saif Badar and some u-19 players should be groomed.
Way too much inexperience, imo. Dropping Haris and Amir is very harsh.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I agree with most of what has been discussed. I am not sold on players that won't make it to the next world cup. Pakistan, and all other teams in fact, need to take a page from England's book. You have to start getting your 15 - 20 players ready for the next world cup now.

I have never been sold on Sarfraz as captain. He had a nice pep to his step as a younger player, and an opener. It appears he lost that a long time ago. Perhaps burdening him with the captaincy was not fair. He seems unfit, is a mediocre batsman at best, and is definitely below par as keeper. Rizwan looked to impress right before the WC and frankly I thought his exclusion was mind boggling to begin with. I would give him a run in limited overs cricket.

I have been a huge critic of Imam, but his innings last game was incredible. I've always thought, as it is quite evident, that his technique is amazing. His head is just up his backside, and far too soon. Pakistani players tend to have this happen. Umar Akmal anyone? There is not chance in heck he should be playing in Test cricket (you have to earn that privileged), or T20's (just not the style of play for that). I would continue with him, but make very clear that the parchi system is over, and that he'll need to play at a good clip without padding his stats against the likes of Zimbabwe. I don't even know what has happened to Fakhar. He seemed like a deer in the headlights the whole tournament. I've always defended his inclusion because of his ability to accelerate but he just seems like he is out of it, mentally. I don't think that kind of apprach deserves a spot on the national team to be honest.

Here's what I have going forward, with blank spots suggesting a need for development. Other players should be ready to go in four years time barring something unforeseen.

1. Imam
  2. ?
  3. Babar
  4. Haris (Perhaps. Would be 34 and looks quite unfit as it is. Pakistan needs to develop pure batsmen though. I'm sick of the Hafeez, Shoaib types).
  5. ?
  6. Rizwan
  7. Imad (would be 34 as well. But you need experience in ICC events)
  8. Shadab (
  9. Hassan Ali (Hopefully can gain is form back. If not then there are plenty of upcoming fast bowlers out there to work with)
  10. Amir
  11. Shaheen

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Also, I want to say that I'm no Micky Arthur hater as some seem to be, especially on TV. It definitely seems like former players who come on TV and bash him have some kind of an agenda. Why push so hard for a "local" coach? It's just cricket after all. He's the first management leader who has prioritized fielding, fitness and attitude, and that is no bad thing at all. I agree that there appears to be a little bit of favouritism, and that should be addressed with everyone including a certain chief selector.

Someone suggested Ahmed Shehzad's name earlier. I completely agree with this. They did not handle his situation well at all. He's young enough that they should definitely give him another go. Had a nice little PSL as well.

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
  1. Imam
  2. Fakhar/Abid
  3. Babar Azam
  4. Haris Sohail
  5. Rizwan
  6. Asif
  7. Imad
  8. Shadab
  9. Amir
  10. Shaheen
  11. Rumman/Junaid/Shinwari

Reserves: Abid Junaid Shinwari and A new proper off-spinner (maybe train Umer Khan)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I would back Sarfraz to continue as captain. I genuinely think that the team started to peak at the right time but going forward further to WC wasn't meant to us at the end of the day. For one change, I am very sure and that is replacement of Inzy as a chief selector. As big cricketing legend Inzy has been, the PCB can certainly take much benefit from his services towards Cricket Academy and looking over the younger batting lot because Inzy was a genius, He served Afghanistan team as a batting coach, He can certainly coach our players quite well in the domestic circuit. As for Inzy replacement, I won't support an tried and tested ex-cricketer to be the chairman of the selection committee, I'd definitely like to see a new person who hasn't served this role before so that this all-important position goes to a neutral person who either doesn't hold any personal grudges with Sarfraz or anyone nor he has his family men playing cricket.

Why I want Inzy replacement is obvious, its not because of Imam, Its because of the incorrect selection decisions some times blunders, not focusing enough on Domestic Cricket, getting too much influence from PSL that made him pick the rookie Hasnain straight away, replacing the entire team just before when World Cup was around the corner in UAE and even changed the captain. Had Pakistan won that series with a B team (virtually) with Malik as captain, Boy there would have been a huge controversy just before the WC to make Malik captain for WC and axe Safraz. I wonder what Inzy was thinking at that time something like "How to start WC 2019 Campaign with another Captains Controversy" We have already been plagued with this almost before ever WC after four years. Sad story.

So as a cricket sports fan, I'd definitely want a man with a more professional approach and who apply more meritocracy while selecting a team and making a pool of players.

I am a firm believer of Captain being the leader of the pack rather than Coach, so I won't mind if Mickey gets a year or contract extension. See the case is that Sarfarz and Mickey combo has worked well over for almost four years. Its a good emerging side with lots of youngsters and some mature professional cricketers are there as well. Shoaib has retired and Hafeez has little to no ODI future so we are here with Sarfraz as captain and some really fine younger lot with a mix of experience from the likes of Aamir, Wahab, Junaid, Haris Sohail, Imad and Sarfraz himself. We can make a good team going forward if blunders are avoided which we have done before WC. I'd never ever back Imad as captain and I am fearing the most that he can be given the job of Captain and that would be disastrous at this stage. I think Sarfraz can continue if he remains and fit, moreover we have got a very professional PCB chairman Ehsan Mani who I feel believe in consistency rather than making swift changes which we always see after every World Cup Debacle. This WC wasn't a debacle for us at all, Despite Inzy poor mistakes we still managed to finish off at 4th position (Minus NRR) and beaten England and unbeaten NZ (at that stage when NZ was looking most dangerous and yea just like 1992 lol)

In coaching staff, I would want Aqib as assistant coach/bowling coach with the replacement of Azhar Mehmood. I don't even mind if Aqib gets a full-time coach appointment.

Anyhow, The next world cup is quite far and for sure we will get some very good players down the road so let's just not make a team with a consideration of the Next World Cup as a full-time squad. I will write down my Team for the first two years here and for sure I can't pick Imam as my first choice opener. I have never denied his talent but he has to play domestic cricket well over before making his worthy spot. He played well against Bangladesh but it was too late and it wasn't that great inning either. so here is my team for the next two years.

ODI Squad

1. Ahmed Shehzad
2. Abid Ali
3. Babar Azam
4. Haris Sohail
5. Sarfraz Ahmed (C)
6. Asif Ali
7. Imad Wasim
8. Shadab Khan
9. Shaheen Afridi
10. Junaid Khan
11. Muhammad Aamir

Reserved Players: Wahab Riaz, Fahim Ashraf, Sahibzada Farhan, Imam-ul-Haq

Players go back to domestic cricket and get their technique and Rythm right: Fakhar Zaman, Hasan Ali, Hasnain

Test Squad

1. Imam-ul-Haq
2. Babar Azam
3. Azhar Ali
4. Haris Sohail
5. Asad Shafiq
6. Sarfraz Ahmed
7. Shadab Khan
8. Shaheen Afridi
9. Junaid Khan
10 Yasir Shah
11. Aamir

Reserved: Wahab Riaz, Abid Ali, Ahmed Shehzad

I would also like to see one Captain for all three formats. Our Cricket history and culture don't support different captains for different formats, the politics come into play with all media hype makes it all destructive. For the future captain, I'd definitely see Imad Wasim as captain if he performs and makes his spot on a permanent basis

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Azhar should open with Imam
Fakhar's technique isn't an issue at all imo, just keep him away from Tests

For sure, he isn't a test material. In ODI, he seriously needs to learn to tackle off-spinners and he is in bad bad form anyway

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Way too much inexperience, imo. Dropping Haris and Amir is very harsh.
Couple of years and then we're set.
Haris is injury-prone and does not even offer 100% in field.
Amir on the other hand is a defensive bowler (I will get criticized for this) and we have a lot of faster bowlers coming through (Musa, Rauf, Arshad, Naseem, etc.)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Couple of years and then we're set.
Haris is injury-prone and does not even offer 100% in field.
Amir on the other hand is a defensive bowler (I will get criticized for this) and we have a lot of faster bowlers coming through (Musa, Rauf, Arshad, Naseem, etc.)
Well, i kinda get what you're saying, but radical overhauls haven't gone too well in the past

Users who are viewing this thread