Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Good news coming that Sri Lanka has agreed to tour Pakistan for 2 tests in December. They will be played in Karachi and Rawalpindi. Rawalpindi will finally see some cricket

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan's squad for the upcoming series vs Aus in Aus

T20
Fakhar Zaman Imam-ul-Haq Babar Azam(C) Haris Sohail Iftikhar Ahmed Asif Ali Khushdil Shah M Rizwan Imad Wasim Shadab Khan Usman Qadir Wahab Riaz M Amir M Hasnain Musa Khan M Irfan (Fast bowler)

TEST
Azhar Ali (c), Abid Ali, M Rizwan (wk), Asad Shafiq, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Imam-Ul-Haq, Imran Khan Sr, Iftikhar Ahmed, Kashif Bhatti, M Abbas, Musa Khan, Naseem Shah, Shaheen Shah, Shan Masood, Yasir Shah

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Are you living in Pakistan currently and if not when did you visit last time? I see loads of kids playing Soccer on the streets and people are just not that interested in the game. As I am in School, I interact with all kinds of people and believe me I hear more about Ronaldo's Ballon D'or and Messi's golden shoe than Babar's 1 ranking or about Pakistan being no 1 T20 team in RANKINGS.

Pakistan team seriously lacks a big star currently someone like Imran Khan or Afridi. Yes Afridi was not a great player but oh man he had some crazy following. No one is a brand and that is really hurting us.

When I ask people around me they say that they are just not interested due to inconsistent performances. They obliterated India in CT 2017 but have since then just been getting destroyed. Asia Cup was a great reality check for us and it ended our World BEATERS dilemma

Cricket is the biggest and most popular game but it is going down the hill fast. And IF I agree that Cricket is rising and has no sign of decline then why dont we have talent? We dont have a single person in 220 Million to lead our team well. Akmal and Shehzad are our stars. You might know or might not that Waqar has called a Bowling camp for Australia series and we have called Ehsan Adil, Tabish Khan(33 years.old), Imran Khan (Medium pacer+33 years old),Bilawal Bhatti and Rahat Ali(31 years) for the upcoming bowlers camp. Where are our world champion bowlers like Wasim and Waqar. Will we take these 33 year 130 kph bowlers to Australia?

The truth is corruption and lack of proper infrastructure is destroying sports in our country. Jahangir Khan won 555 games of Squash in a row. We are not even close to top 50 in Squash.We have won 4 WC in Hockey and currently we are at 17th in rankings. We are just a mediocre team and just cant keep wining flukes like CT.

I do have high hopes from Wasim Khan and Mani but it will take some time and I really admire how Wasim is still working even after the pathetic journalists attacked him on his salary and went below ethical limits.Note it right now that if we dont bring consisitency in our team after 15 years cricket will be dead
I see your point, but there is no way cricket will be displaced as the top sport here at least in the next decade. PSL fever is massive, and will only increase as cricket returns to Pakistan. And i do live here, btw.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I see your point, but there is no way cricket will be displaced as the top sport here at least in the next decade. PSL fever is massive, and will only increase as cricket returns to Pakistan. And i do live here, btw.
Yeah, I do agree with the PSL point but you just cant say that cricket is rising and there is no downfall. You should have noticed a big drop in passion and enthusiasm since the 2010 Fixing Saga.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yeah, I do agree with the PSL point but you just cant say that cricket is rising and there is no downfall. You should have noticed a big drop in passion and enthusiasm since the 2010 Fixing Saga.
On the contrary, in the 2011 WC there was a lot of passion, just like every WC and WT20 since. But yes, compared to the 2000s, you could say there's a little bit less excitement, but back then there were lots of series against India, and teams were touring Pakistan. So i'd say the catalyst wasn't the spot fixing scandal, it was the attack on the Sri Lanka team

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@CerealKiller what is your opinion on Pakistan's Squad for upcoming Aussie tour?

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Apart from a few questionable selections, I'm really satisfied with the squads. I do not get why Fawad Alam has been ignored once again. :facepalm
Age is not on his side but Misbah didn't have it either. I think Salman Butt should have been included in place of Iftikhar Chacha as we have allowed Amir and there should not be double standards. Really good to see Naseem and Musa because they would have been destroyed in domestic by coaches messing with their actions and prime example is Anwar Ali. I think Musa will be 1st player from Gilgit Baltistan specifically Chitral to play internationally. Really excited to watch Babar captain too

Also there are quite a few Shahs now in the team Khushdil,Yasir,Shaheen, Naseem

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
PCB is in a tough position. They have to choose welfare of players or better competition. Both ways it is going to make a certain group of people angry

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan players are AGAIN in the news for all the wrong reasons. The way Shaheen or PCB have not declined the authenticity of the video, is raising serious question marks on grooming of these players. Earlier, it was Imam and now it is Shaheen. Don't these players even have common sense?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan players are AGAIN in the news for all the wrong reasons. The way Shaheen or PCB have not declined the authenticity of the video, is raising serious question marks on grooming of these players. Earlier, it was Imam and now it is Shaheen. Don't these players even have common sense?
What they do in their private lives shouldn't be our concern. Rather, the people leaking private material are likely breaking the law and should be punished.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
This Naseem Shah is some serious talent! Really look forward to watch him play in the tests

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Anyone had a look the teams that were fielded during the so called Emerging Teams Cup organised by the Asian Cricket Council? Pakistan ended up lifting the trophy and 18 y/o keeper batsman by the name of Rohail Nazir was in fine form scoring two fifties and a century in the final to his name. Saud Shakeel featured in it too.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Anyone had a look the teams that were fielded during the so called Emerging Teams Cup organised by the Asian Cricket Council? Pakistan ended up lifting the trophy and 18 y/o keeper batsman by the name of Rohail Nazir was in fine form scoring two fifties and a century in the final to his name. Saud Shakeel featured in it too.
Rohail has been in the circuit since quite some time now. He was also part of Islamabad United last year, and was also part of U-19 team tour of South Africa earlier this year. He is very hard working and is a very good keeper too but I think his age is 19.

He, Irfan Khan Niazi, Haider Ali and Amad Butt are excellent prospects and I am pretty hopeful that they would be donning that Green Jersey very soon

Users who are viewing this thread