Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanirama

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Batting is fine and doesn't need tweaking. It's AI batting and bowling speeds due to fatigue which need to be fixed.

It does need some tweaking. The batsman hits too much in the air getting caught by fielders inside the circle too often (usually mid on or off)

The batsmen should not be skying the ball this much

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
nah mate, the number of posts saying batting is difficult begs to differ. Hell I can attest to that. Remember, not everyone has lightning reflexes which is what you sometimes need when facing pace bowlers in order to:

1. judge the ball
2. select the shot
3. carry it out

My solution to that problem would be for us to see line & length a split second early so we have enough time to make a decision on footwork and shot selection. I mentioned the same in the following post (point # 3)...

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ion-big-ant-cricket-86991-28.html#post2751062

It does need some tweaking. The batsman hits too much in the air getting caught by fielders inside the circle too often (usually mid on or off)

The batsmen should not be skying the ball this much

I say let's give the game some more time. It has a steep learning curve and let's make the call about it after a couple of months. We don't want to become experts within a couple of weeks and it looks like the more you play the better you get at batting.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
yeah agree...sorry, didn't see your other posts (there's quite a few threads running lol) but totally agree - its all about having the time to make a decision (which may prove to be wrong anyway eg. hitting straight to a fielder, etc).

fanirama

Associate Cricketer
Part of the problem batting is you don't know what animation will be triggered by your stick movements. This can lead to drastic results like walking across and getting bowled as your stumps are exposed.
So what happens eventually is you build a repertoire of shots - if ball falls here, this is my go to shot etc. instead of naturally swinging your bat. Or picking and hitting into gaps which is quite tough.

Another issue is the right stick appears to be binary instead of analog - no matter how far you push it, the batsman hits it with everything he's got. So there's no soft shots or hard shots. Just one type of whack every ball shot. Full swing each time.
That needs much overhaul.

kusudial

School Cricketer
when is the patch 2 coming out? and does anyone know what they fixed on patch 1?

Slugger

Club Cricketer
when is the patch 2 coming out? and does anyone know what they fixed on patch 1?

Approx 6 weeks for patch 2.

Patch 1 predominantly fixed some abnormal fielder behaviour issues amongst other things. Plenty of posts in other threads i just couldn't be bothered finding them all for you sorry.

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
Any easy fix for the batting problems some are having in picking up the ball quickly enough would be to have the delivery assistance "circle" appear around the ball just before it leaves the bowlers hand.

thevicky

Club Captain
I?d like to see more of a penalty for playing short bowling off the front foot (especially for fast bowlers).

At the moment I just premeditate by staying on the front foot; anything in my zone I hit but if it?s short or wide of the stumps I just do nothing and let it hit me?

Ideally repeatedly playing forward to a well directed 150kph bouncer should:
1) Result in an injury forcing me to retire hurt after being hit on my (helmetless) head for the third time in the over or
2) Trigger a ?fend? animation risking the ball hitting the glove or splice of the bat and popping up to short leg or popping up/flying to gully etc?

CallyT

School Cricketer
I?d like to see more of a penalty for playing short bowling off the front foot (especially for fast bowlers).

At the moment I just premeditate by staying on the front foot; anything in my zone I hit but if it?s short or wide of the stumps I just do nothing and let it hit me?

Ideally repeatedly playing forward to a well directed 150kph bouncer should:
1) Result in an injury forcing me to retire hurt after being hit on my (helmetless) head for the third time in the over or
2) Trigger a ?fend? animation risking the ball hitting the glove or splice of the bat and popping up to short leg or popping up/flying to gully etc?

I think for the sake of keeping the game real there is no issue with how the front foot is. I played club cricket for years and played very quick short bowling off the front foot constantly. I agree if you miss time it and get hit then some sort of injury could be added in.

thevicky

Club Captain
I think for the sake of keeping the game real there is no issue with how the front foot is. I played club cricket for years and played very quick short bowling off the front foot constantly. I agree if you miss time it and get hit then some sort of injury could be added in.

I agree that you can play quick bowling off the front foot (particularly square of the wicket) both IRL and in game...

However there should be a penalty for trying to play off the front foot in game as at the moment it doesn't really feel like there's any risk in planting the front foot - nor is there any reward for hositle fast short pitched bowling...

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
I know if you play off the front foot to short bowling and try to drive the ball it normally lobs up to a fielder - which is how it should be. Probably depends on the difficulty you are playing though.

thevicky

Club Captain
I know if you play off the front foot to short bowling and try to drive the ball it normally lobs up to a fielder - which is how it should be. Probably depends on the difficulty you are playing though.

Only if it's a "fuller" short ball; a genuine bouncer either sails over and past the bat or slams into my arm/head with no adverse effect

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@BigAntStudios / @HBK619 / @mikeymerren may want to pay attention to this, because I believe @Ross said previously you have to be careful in terms of allowing anything to be "gamed" in terms of online stats...

well i have noticed a simple exploit in career mode... if you score well in a specific area, or keep getting out caught/run-out by a fielder in a particular area, you can just create a pre-set field with gaps wherever you want, and the AI will use it.

The AI, regardless of the bowler, format or situation in the game will always use the same field when I start my innings. I had a suspicion it was one of my fields (that i created in CA), so to test I edited that field and took out mid on, extra cover, and long off and put them at short-leg and in the slips - two areas I have never ever been dismissed, then tested it out for a few games in career and sure enough every game i start facing that field, and can drive away to my heart's content... takes them quite a while to switch the field by which time i have generally got a "start"... (i'm aware this is a "cheat", so i'm not going to continue doing it i was just checking out if my suspicion was correct.)

quite an exploit for anyone wanting to get their batting average up...

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Top issues for me ATM are.

1) Super human fielders (running like wind and taking catches after covering a lot of ground and 90% hitting the wicket directly from inside the circle).
2) No Custom Field saving preset available in game.
3) More Edges to Slips and Gully region.
4) Reducing heights ball are taking when hit in the air, I was able to complete 2 runs most of the time if I am caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread