Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

grkrama

National Board President
I'd also like to meet someone who can bat without premeditating against the quicks on DBC.

more than premeditating i would say at any given point you wont be able to have all the available shots to go to while facing the bowler but by limiting the trigger options to say defense / attack and normal you can just about hit anywhere depending on the delivery.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
As I have mentioned earlier about stuff AI can do and we cannot is the Backfoot punch shot which looks awesome when the AI plays it, its the perfect shot as the way it should be...Below is a pic of that, I have also seen AI play the same punch even straight as well...

2015-05-27_00001.jpg

The above was a slog shot in the extra cover region which flew to the boundary....

grkrama

National Board President
As I have mentioned earlier about stuff AI can do and we cannot is the Backfoot punch shot which looks awesome when the AI plays it, its the perfect shot as the way it should be...Below is a pic of that, I have also seen AI play the same punch even straight as well...

yes you can

2015-05-30_00008.jpg

output_iSZMeW.gif

Last edited:

balkeet

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
one shot ai can play and we can't is the advance grounded shot, we can advance n defence or slog but not grounded shot

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
nope these just normal backfoot drives..if you are asking if backfoot slogs can be played too yes they too are effective one of the easiset ways to hit six of fast bowlers..
I was talking just about the slog punch shot, I do know that Backfoot punch normal shot can be played easily...The pic I have attached in the earlier post is a slog punch shot, same thing was played even for a straighter slog punch shot by the AI [It looks absolutely beautiful and realistic to me]....Need this inclusion for the patch...

grkrama

National Board President
you mean attacking ground shot ? icant see the difference between what you posted and mine except being mirrored

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Define premeditate? I'll look at the field at if there's a gap in an area I favour, I'll look to play in that area if I can. If the ball isn't suitable I reckon more often than not I have time to modify and play a different shot or defend.

DBC has two problems - the biggest is that the AI is very poor in all areas. It detracts from the game significantly, but the game is still very playable. The second is that the translation of skills to gameplay is overpowered, but that can be got around by lowering skills and also attributes.

The key is to spend the time getting a setup that works for you. I'm not sure there's a universal set up everyone will agree with - me, cookie & the other guys playing the lowered settings all have slightly different set ups. Had you put the same time in to working out a set up in DBC that you've spent in AC09 I reckon you'd be pretty close to a good set up for you now.

I think I have found a set up where I can get good results bowling if I bowl well and conditions are favourable - if I'm off my game or it's a featherbed it's hard work. Batting likewise is tough but rewarding - I'm scoring at reasonable rates, can collapse if I'm not concentrating or overly aggressive. I've hit a very good current set up, and am enjoying DBC more than ever.

I'm having an awful season in real life and am thinking a lot about shot selection.. I'm out of form and faced some quicks yesterday but I could still do see ball hit ball, I eventually got out playing across the line to a straight ball, but I was getting bogged down and knew it was a straight ball when it left the hand..

At the very least in DBC I have to press forward or back before the ball is released with a fast bowler.. I don't have the time to sort it all out, and thinking about direction, even though I do in real life.. I love the mechanics of batting, it is incredible, but I just wish we had a tiny little more time, short of slowing everyone down in the academy..

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I'm having an awful season in real life and am thinking a lot about shot selection.. I'm out of form and faced some quicks yesterday but I could still do see ball hit ball, I eventually got out playing across the line to a straight ball, but I was getting bogged down and knew it was a straight ball when it left the hand..

At the very least in DBC I have to press forward or back before the ball is released with a fast bowler.. I don't have the time to sort it all out, and thinking about direction, even though I do in real life.. I love the mechanics of batting, it is incredible, but I just wish we had a tiny little more time, short of slowing everyone down in the academy..

The answer to this as a few people have said would be a slider to adjust the real ball speed. This way even if it was reduced the spped gun would still give realistic speeds so that Steyn for example wouldn't be bowling 70mph deliveries.

Now I'm not great at batting and don't possess cat-like reflexes but I don't seem to struggle against pace as you and others seem to do. My technique is too keep things really uncomplicated until my batsman's confidence gets up. Block anything straight, leave anything wide of off and look to score off balls going down leg. By playing like this I find I can pick up the length quite well. This is on pro though and the bowlers do tend to spray the ball around.

Users who are viewing this thread