Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I was getting to a point where I was getting the skills up to a level that could be considered "normal" while still getting a realistic amount of edges. I'm almost positive that the front-foot, back-foot is the biggest factor in regards to edges. I just haven't had any time to spend on the game this last month or so which is why I haven't given any feedback for a while.

But I think you are right, as on veteran they completely diminished for the longer formats. The issue does appear to be with the longer formats, I just hope they don't go too far the other way.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
What did you settle on as per your last game mate?

All of a sudden im getting stumpings with AI charging me and all sorts. Seems to have changed!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
still think the edge issue should be fixed for "normal" skilling - we're having to game the attributes, giving players much lower skills than you would expect, when we shouldn't have to do that.
Or indeed, even just the kind of skills you get with the out of the box teams, which most people used as a guide.

---

I'd put my list, besides 'make everything better', as (in vaguely descending order of importance to me):

An ability to fix a field for a bowler against all batsmen - too often I just give up and bowl to a bad field simply because I can't be bothered to change it, or didn't notice that it had been changed on me. Plus, a proper prompt that pops in whenever a field change has been made - not just trying to rely on occasionally getting that cut scene.

Make the fielders less stupid - not putting their foot on the rope to return the ball from the boundary, not dropping absolutely everything in the outfield and then being able to throw a direct hit. Fewer cases of fielders I don't control doing overthrows attempting to run out players that are safe would be nice too.

Run outs. It went from too many to never - give the AI batsmen a better balance. Making tail order batsmen worse at running between wickets, and willing to take more risks in tight situations, might by itself solve the problem of how hard those last few wickets seem to be. Perhaps that tweaking could also be focused on getting the AI partner in career mode to be better at rotating the strike - so I don't just get bored and run them out trying to get back on strike.

Let me turn off the R3/RS leave button.

A global option to say 'screw the leaderboards' that disables any design decision that was only made to maintain their integrity. Including the previously discussed option for Online play to turn off the countdown timers and limits on replays - to let people have friendly matches.

Auto-save. Totally unimportant right up to when the game bugs out really far into a match. Save every over and after every dismissal.

Better modding depth - it's essentially dead now, with the kit and bat slots being a huge limitation on being able to make all teams realistic. I wouldn't mind if this waited until after Patch 3 was delivered to consoles, but for the sake of longevity while we wait for the next edition, modding will keep things alive with the game.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Good points Matt, Can't believe I missed the tail-enders issue. That's a biggie!!

Rather than auto save I would just like the option to save without having to exit.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Rather than auto save I would just like the option to save without having to exit.
As with tacos - why not both?

My problem with that is that the main reason I want auto save is for unexpected problems - like a sudden crash or freeze. When I get in a groove with batting/bowling, going off and manually saving is the least of my worries, so I could see myself forgetting to do that and be in the same position.

Perhaps save without exit could form part of the 'screw the leaderboards' button - because the main reason to stop people doing that is cheating by saving and reloading, something that only matters in the context of those leaderboards.

D

Deleted member 9102

Better modding depth - it's essentially dead now, with the kit and bat slots being a huge limitation on being able to make all teams realistic. I wouldn't mind if this waited until after Patch 3 was delivered to consoles, but for the sake of longevity while we wait for the next edition, modding will keep things alive with the game.
Some progress here would help get me back into the game for sure.

It eventually just seemed like all the modding was just for modding's sake rather than actually giving the game an authentic and cohesive look. Before the game's launch, the stuff that was being said seemed to indicate that the game would be very mod friendly, which is why I initially got into making some mods but the motivation to continue fizzled out once we had filled all the available slots.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
an important one for me - stop gaming the physics in relation to carry.

the carry/bounce you get is strongly related to how the bowler hits his jump/release timing. you end up with a situation where a "fast" bowler who if he gets jump/release timing right is up at 90mph and ball carrying through to keeper nicely, but when you mistime it, he bowls at 86mph and the ball dribbles through.

a fast medium bowler gets everything right, bowls at 83mph and gets better carry than the 86mph ball...

a medium bowler, times everything right and bowls at 75mph, and still has better carry than the 86mph ball

i understand that they're trying to penalise us for getting the bowling wrong, but this is a really dumb way to do it, and a real immersion-breaker/realism-killer.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
an important one for me - stop gaming the physics in relation to carry.

the carry/bounce you get is strongly related to how the bowler hits his jump/release timing. you end up with a situation where a "fast" bowler who if he gets jump/release timing right is up at 90mph and ball carrying through to keeper nicely, but when you mistime it, he bowls at 86mph and the ball dribbles through.

a fast medium bowler gets everything right, bowls at 83mph and gets better carry than the 86mph ball...

a medium bowler, times everything right and bowls at 75mph, and still has better carry than the 86mph ball

i understand that they're trying to penalise us for getting the bowling wrong, but this is a really dumb way to do it, and a real immersion-breaker/realism-killer.

Add to that the poor bounce physics for short pitched deliveries with spin.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
And AI should start leaving balls more, now they defend more to balls way outside off with their slide and block technique in the game....[DOUBLEPOST=1432913005][/DOUBLEPOST]And as mentioned by BA, discussion on the patch will be happening in the next weeks to come...So we can discuss then...

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
And AI should start leaving balls more, now they defend more to balls way outside off with their slide and block technique in the game....[DOUBLEPOST=1432913005][/DOUBLEPOST]And as mentioned by BA, discussion on the patch will be happening in the next weeks to come...So we can discuss then...

The major problem with the AI leaving the ball is that the leave animation hangs the bat out too much which results in the ball finding the edge far too often. This seems to be more prevalent when bowling with tall pace bowlers just short of a good length. So getting them to leave more could create more issues unless this issue is remedied first. I very much doubt that Big Ant will be willing or able to alter an animation for a patch.

As for discussing the patch, you may or may not have noticed that we have been discussing it since July 2014! :)

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The major problem with the AI leaving the ball is that the leave animation hangs the bat out too much which results in the ball finding the edge far too often. This seems to be more prevalent when bowling with tall pace bowlers just short of a good length. So getting them to leave more could create more issues unless this issue is remedied first. I very much doubt that Big Ant will be willing or able to alter an animation for a patch.

As for discussing the patch, you may or may not have noticed that we have been discussing it since July 2014! :)
Yeah we all know that but discussion "with" BA about the patch#3 which has not been done till date....So we can know details on what all they will be adding on the gameplay tweaks part...We only know CO-op confirmed for the patch apart from that things are yet to be known...

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Yeah we all know that but discussion "with" BA about the patch#3 which has not been done till date....So we can know details on what all they will be adding on the gameplay tweaks part...We only know CO-op confirmed for the patch apart from that things are yet to be known...

Oh I missed the "discussion with BA" announcement. I guess this means discussion regarding the PC patches once they are released so that things can be altered before the console patch is rolled out as before? I certainly hope so.

Edit: I've just re-read the sequel to DBC14 thread which has answered these questions.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Oh I missed the "discussion with BA" announcement. I guess this means discussion regarding the PC patches once they are released so that things can be altered before the console patch is rolled out as before? I certainly hope so.

Edit: I've just re-read the sequel to DBC14 thread which has answered these questions.
I dont know whether it will be DBC or are they gonna change the title?? As he has mentioned a new cricket game next year and not DBC 16...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I dont know whether it will be DBC or are they gonna change the title?? As he has mentioned a new cricket game next year and not DBC 16...
Ross has strongly implied in some interviews (dig through the 'in the press' thread) not calling it Don Bradman Cricket in certain markets, to make it more marketable in other regions. Similar to the split between Shane Warne/Brian Lara or Ricky Ponting/Brian Lara in the Codemasters games.

I'd also not be surprised if it is simply called "Don Bradman Cricket 2" rather than "2016" - as the PS4/Xbox One version got renamed to just 'Don Bradman Cricket' - because it released in 2015. If it's a biannual cycle, it makes no sense to brand it after a particular year and then be out of date in the other one.

Indeed they should probably update the logo in Patch 3 to say "15" - and use that to market it. Along the lines of "We've released a new cricket game, and you already have it for free if you bought the last edition" - would be a nice way of getting another run of press for a patch.

Users who are viewing this thread