Patch #4 release update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 46200

When I was a mod here there used to be a mode in which certain members would think that they were replying to posts but actually no one could see them at all!
Ah, those were the days!
I can see how that will work and being honest some of the comments on here are deserving of a black out (maybe I'm guilty of some but...). Freedom of speech is important and I feel how ever annoying some comments are they need air time (maybe). In reality, I smile at people so, the same can apply here if we react positively; it can take away some of the fire they are consumed by. I have one problem with one person here and there's nothing I can do about that and that's a shame (their attitude). We can ignore but sometimes all it needs is a little deep breath and try to understand where that individual is coming from (that's everyone and me). So, love peas and vegetable rights!

In conclusion, what happens if patch four is delayed by another month... ? Why does that statement hurt so much, after all it should be the patch that fixes all and not be a patch that breaks things. This is just a hypothetical statement and based on no fact.

KimmorleyKiller

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
We have collated a number of areas that need to be looked at and addressed if BA wants to deliver a game at the level they actually want it to have. They have clearly stated that they feel that a number of elements are indeed below par and need addressing.

What I have learned is that there is much more behind the curtains than you think both in terms of reasons as to why the game released when it did at the level it did and how much more complicated things are in terms of fixing things is.

What I have learned most of all is that it is all about real people, real jobs, real lives, real passions and determination.

It is very very easy to hide behind a username and spout our judgements.

Once in a while we need to just take a step back and remember our own humanity and that of the other.

Yeah that's cute and all but I don't really care hey. We're all real people. All that's relevant to me is that I paid top dollar for a game that was clearly released early and unfinished, and it's still in that state four months later.

I understand there's way more to it than I'm aware of, but that's someone else's problem. In the future I'll either buy their games or I won't, effort doesn't mean squat if you don't get results.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I can see how that will work and being honest some of the comments on here are deserving of a black out (maybe I'm guilty of some but...). Freedom of speech is important and I feel how ever annoying some comments are they need air time (maybe). In reality, I smile at people so, the same can apply here if we react positively; it can take away some of the fire they are consumed by. I have one problem with one person here and there's nothing I can do about that and that's a shame (their attitude). We can ignore but sometimes all it needs is a little deep breath and try to understand where that individual is coming from (that's everyone and me). So, love peas and vegetable rights!

In conclusion, what happens if patch four is delayed by another month... ? Why does that statement hurt so much, after all it should be the patch that fixes all and not be a patch that breaks things. This is just a hypothetical statement and based on no fact.

Well it isn't a train smash, nobody died, but it does mean people have to wait longer and you can take any time estimates from Big Ant with an even bigger pinch of salt. I am surprised they even give estimates now.

D

Deleted member 46200

Well it isn't a train smash, nobody died, but it does mean people have to wait longer and you can take any time estimates from Big Ant with an even bigger pinch of salt. I am surprised they even give estimates now.
I do make him right on not giving out dates. I don't look good in a tin hat and combat fatigues... If the deadline past with no patch by a mere minute... BTW, can I share someones bunker...?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah that's cute and all but I don't really care hey. We're all real people. All that's relevant to me is that I paid top dollar for a game that was clearly released early and unfinished, and it's still in that state four months later.

I understand there's way more to it than I can possibly understand, but that's someone else's problem. In the future I'll either buy their games or I won't.

This is quite an understandable attitude that must be held by a lot of people who don't have access to Planet Cricket's forums to see that people are actually trying their hardest to make it better. It's a business relationship when you pay top dollar for a game, not a personal relationship, and that can be a whole lot less forgiving. Imagine suddenly having a game where the batsmen cannot make contact at all with the ball and you can toss it away and write a negative review, vowing never to buy a cricket game again. It's only because I came on here and saw Blocker tell us it was something to do with logo data (how on earth he found that out) that I am still wanting to play and contribute at all. There must be loads of people who just think "broken game", that's the end of that.

D

Deleted member 46200

This is quite an understandable attitude that must be held by a lot of people who don't have access to Planet Cricket's forums to see that people are actually trying their hardest to make it better. It's a business relationship when you pay top dollar for a game, not a personal relationship, and that can be a whole lot less forgiving. Imagine suddenly having a game where the batsmen cannot make contact at all with the ball and you can toss it away and write a negative review, vowing never to buy a cricket game again. It's only because I came on here and saw Blocker tell us it was something to do with logo data (how on earth he found that out) that I am still wanting to play and contribute at all. There must be loads of people who just think "broken game", that's the end of that.
I shelved it, and I'm currently playing MLB the show... The patience of an Angel.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Holy heck :eek: !!! are you just going to leave it up there? Fffff thats gotta hurt..:eek:

Alberts

International Coach
This thread is a special kind of mess isn't it. Quite keen on a new patch, but it appears that some of acting as though it would be a huge disaster if it wasn't the greatest patch ever and released tomorrow. I guess we'll see.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Here's a graphical representation of the last couple of pages:
ygap4_s-200x150.gif

D

Deleted member 46200

Holy heck :eek: !!! are you just going to leave it up there? Fffff thats gotta hurt..:eek:
You talking to me? Well, I'm not very good at the game and need to take time to learn it (maybe this is why people are having problems, just my guess) I can either find time to read up on tips or wait when my hub is back to show me. My only problem is the stats and fielding these should be sorted for patch 4. I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread