Patch not loading - kindly help

jamshir83

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I downloaded the patch and installed it. however i saw no changes. the old teams were still there. it meant the patch hadnt been indtalled properly. when installing the indicator never moves ahead of zero%. it goes straight to the installation complete window. then i installed the patch in an empty folder to c if there were any files being load but there werent. i run windows xp and have a gforce4mx card.
any ideas y the patch is nt loading
kindly help
thanx

feher

School Cricketer
I downloaded the patch and installed it. however i saw no changes. the old teams were still there. it meant the patch hadnt been indtalled properly. when installing the indicator never moves ahead of zero%. it goes straight to the installation complete window. then i installed the patch in an empty folder to c if there were any files being load but there werent. i run windows xp and have a gforce4mx card.
any ideas y the patch is nt loading
kindly help
thanx
I believe i know what your doing wrong, you are not telling the patch to install in the correct directory. You will get a screen telling you to choose a destination folder you will need to click on browse and navigate to your cricket 2002 folder. Also don't expect much it doesn't do much, i didn't really see many changes, i haven't seen any team changes (but i didn't look hard for them though), and others have said the same.

piethrower

School Cricketer
Well it looks like it's a rare problem judging from the response. How I solved it was by seeing that the patch was refusing to shift out of the windows add/remove list. If this is the case with you then the way to remove it is to delete its entry in the registry. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall, and remove the unwanted keys under "Uninstall." Don't woory about tackling the registry in this instance as you are just knocking out an excess key that shouldn't be stuck there. Post again for a follow up - maybe the patch is causing a different problem than I've had.

SirPeter

School Cricketer
Hi feher, hi piethrower!

Many thanks for all your information. I've posted a few threads ago, that I can not see any differences before and after installing that EA patch.

I noticed feher's posting here and I'am pretty sure, that I am suffering from the same prob, as feher.

Yesterday I tried that regedit-thing as suggested by piethrower, but it unfortunately didn't change anything. I also must admit, that I am running that game under WIN98.

My questions now to you guys is: is there any significant change after installing that patch, so that I can be sure, that I have installed it? I am asking that, cauz I know, that this patch does not change too much :;):

Many thanks to you all for your help and

cheers,

Peter

piethrower

School Cricketer
Yeh the way you will know that you have the patch installed is that then you can run the game without the CD.
When you have it installed the only benefit I can see is that the the weather and pitch variations become a factor other than that it's a disappointment.

SirPeter

School Cricketer
Hi piethrower!

Many thanks for your kind reply!

Uhh that's bad news I would say, cauz even with the patch installed, I am unable to run the game without the CD :angry:

So let's try some other things...

Anyway, again many thanks to your for helping
:;):

Cheers,

Peter

jamshir83

School Cricketer
i am still having a problem. i have loaded the patch too but it doesnt seem to do anything to rectify the geforce4 problems.
ea sports have lied yet again.
my computer sttill hangs or the graphics just come scrambled when i playhe game.
i use the driver version 30.82 as eas ports recomended in their readme file for the patch. i load the driver version 42.?? then the game runs but when i return to the main menu its all scrambled n the game crashes,
wat the ####? ea sports are liers.

feher

School Cricketer
hey SirPeter,

I have no problem with installing the patch, i just tested out what may be your problem, by installing the patch into a directory that was well ... empty. I think their are slight changes to the game, nothing major that i could find, e.g. their still seems to be lots of glitches left. The best way to know if you have installed the patch correctly is to look into your cricket 2002 folder and find the following file:
Cricket2002v105.txt

piethrower

School Cricketer
This is a tough one. I would suspect it is a problem with the registry as it was with me. Have you tried cleaning and defragmenting the registry? I don't think Windows has the utilities to do this but the third party companies would - Norton, Mcafee-perhaps they have demo versions to try.
Otherwise I would go on to a PC support site like www.pcadvisor.co.uk and post your problem in their help forum.They are very insistent on every last PC spec as I have found out and many of them are experts on the world of PCs. Also they are normally very quick in replying. It shouldn't matter that you are talking about a specific game as the problem seems to be not the patch but Windows. Good luck.

jamshir83

School Cricketer
thanx guys
it was the registry problem. remove the cricket patch from the registry n it installs properly
thanx alot

SirPeter

School Cricketer
Hi guys!

Many thanks to you all, for trying to help!!! :P

After I contacted the EA support I got the following answer, which I think maybe interesting for all of you as well:

Hello,

Thank you for sending your concerns regarding Cricket 2002.

Try downloading the new patch from www.easports.com.au.

Hopefully these suggestions will help resolve your difficulty playing the game.

Thank you for contacting EA Technical Support.

Timothy E.
EA Technical Support

I have not tried it out yet, but it seems, that EA Sports has uploaded another patch version.

I'll keep you updated on that.

Again many thanks and

cheers,

Peter

SirPeter

School Cricketer
Hi friends!

Bad news: when installing the new patch I always get an error message, saying: "An installation support file could not be removed".

So I am still unable to install that patch.

Hope that you are more luckier than I :;):

Maybe someone of you does have any idea on that?

Many thanks in advance for all your help and

cheers,

Peter

Edited By SirPeter on 1045587400

Users who are viewing this thread