Patch Online!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
they will probably put it up on thier website or have fixed the patch by tommorow.

the patch also seems a bit buggy too. On one of my saved games it says "file may be corrupt, possibly a result of saving on a different version of the game"
and it wont load.

this is only one of my games which i have backed up and the backup works.

Also the online has been dodgy today. i won 2 games and as i was going back to the table it disconnected and closed the game down. But i didnt get a disc luckily.

Hopeful said:
they will probably put it up on thier website or have fixed the patch by tommorow.

the patch also seems a bit buggy too. On one of my saved games it says "file may be corrupt, possibly a result of saving on a different version of the game"
and it wont load.

this is only one of my games which i have backed up and the backup works.

Also the online has been dodgy today. i won 2 games and as i was going back to the table it disconnected and closed the game down. But i didnt get a disc luckily.

i hope because i realy want to contuine my west indies file

ICC2006 said:
I got the patch to work for me. Just uninstall the game and then go to C:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2006 (Unless you've installed the game somewhere else) and delete all files that are still there except the saves folder. And reinstall.

As far those who are not able to download the update at all, I have uploaded the PatchEngine.exe which I hope is the right file.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=EE0D3B262B2B7AF6

tried this and it does not work..still come up with error relating to acl.dll

supa said:
i cant get my game to patch!!! it says 'Checksum (1) Failed' when its trying to patch Acl.dll. Anybody else getting this?
Yes I'm getting it too

hheshh said:
tried this and it does not work..still come up with error relating to acl.dll
wrong file, you need the actual patched files

supa said:
thats not the file that is used to update the game. the file thats downloaded is em608-610.cpf which is used to update the game via the patchengine. and i tried ur method which didnt work.

Sorry, my mistake for putting up the wrong file.

As for the patch not working for you even after uninstalling, I don't know what else you can do.

It worked for me( came up with patching complete message), but today when I tried to play online, it came up with the same update and again the patch failed. I know this sounds so weird but it happened. Atleast they should let you play without the patch if you want to, now I just can't play at all. I'm sure some people will just keep having problems with the patch, so I hope they will just let you play without it.

if somebody has successfully patched it, you could read the patch txt file, see whats actually been updated, then rar the updated files so that people could overwrite the files manually. why cant the patch releasers just do that in the first place?

supa said:
if somebody has successfully patched it, you could read the patch txt file, see whats actually been updated, then rar the updated files so that people could overwrite the files manually. why cant the patch releasers just do that in the first place?

pm someone who has succesfully done it

ive updated and heres whats in the patch readme.

Initialising Patch Engine. Ver 1.03 (c) N.Halstead
Making Filelist
Patch File [sr607-609.cpf] <v6.090000>
Patching [ACL.dll]
Patching [CrEngAndHigh.dll]
Patching [CrGameEngine.dll]
Patching [CrHigh.dll]
Patching [Cricket.exe]
Patching [Cricket.sw2]
Patching [CrickMan.dll]
Patching [CrManAndEng.dll]
Patching [CrNetwork.dll]
Patching [CrTypes.dll]
Patching [DDW.dll]
Patching [Global.dll]
Patching [Packer.dll]
Patching [Softwrap.dll]
Finished...

i dunno much about computors so i have no idea how it helps but there u go supa.

well somebody who has successfully patched the game needs to get all of them files in the readme and zip them up, then upload the file somewhere so people can download. once downloaded just copy the files to their respective folders.

simple.

supa said:
well somebody who has successfully patched the game needs to get all of them files in the readme and zip them up, then upload the file somewhere so people can download. once downloaded just copy the files to their respective folders.

simple.
Not quite that simple. They need to get permission from the copyright holders before doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread