Paul the Psychic Octopus is dead!

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I, as a rationalist, can't be bothered to take Paul's 'psychic powers' seriously. But I do love the hype surrounding his predictions, and the way he is getting life threatenings from deluded fans. :laugh Real nice way to earn popularity.

Last edited:

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
alg_resize_oracle-octopus.jpg

Paul the Octopus dead; psychic 8-legged sea creature predicted World Cup games

He's no more :(

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I read that some hours ago. I am pretty sure at Euro 2012 we will see people coming with different animals to predict match outcomes.

26 October 2010 Last updated at 12:15 GMT
Paul the World Cup octopus dies in his tank in German

Paul the octopus, an unlikely star of the 2010 World Cup who predicted the outcome of eight matches, has died at an aquarium in Germany.

BBC News - Paul the World Cup octopus dies in his tank in Germany

D

Dutch

Yeah, "Sammy The Psychic Seal" predicted this ages ago!

Anyway talking of betting, I just discovered what the motto is for Gamblers Anonymous: "Bet You Don't Know Who We Are!"

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
octopus2_1675213c.jpg

The most discussed topic after the vuvuzelas and the Jabulani ball is Paul the oracle octupus in Germany..

He will be in great demand in the coming football seasons, but Octopus have a short life expectancy of 3years.

till then the aquarium guys will have a good business going.... :yes

16,000 children under the age of 5 dies every single day because of hunger.
Couldn't give a flying fearsome tweak about this octopus.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^Wow thats such a sad figure :(. Yet here we are fighting meaningless wars for Future of the world while the real future of this world is starving to death :facepalm

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Paul the psychic octopus has died? Big deal, he isn't the first thing to die in a tank in Germany.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Isn't the point of a forum to discuss what is happening? I agree that's quite a tragic figure but I also don't really see what this post is actually doing.

Well it's obvious, isn't it. It prompted Themer to submit such a great reply.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
To be honest I'd be suprised enough if there was a heaven especially including heavenly gates. If i was met by an Octopus I think I'd probably have a coronary.

If I wasn't already dead.

D

Dutch

To be honest I'd be suprised enough if there was a heaven especially including heavenly gates. If i was met by an Octopus I think I'd probably have a coronary.

If I wasn't already dead.

Ah but Octopuses go to Octopus Heaven. It is a great place where all the things one could do if one had eight arms are possible. Trouble is it costs a couple of squid to get in.

Daood

School Cricketer
Sometimes I wonder that whole of the FIFA 10' Season was fixed and the octopus was well-trained in order to earn money or gain publicity. There is very less possibility that an octopus is always true in his predictions.

Users who are viewing this thread