PC Match-ups!

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just a thread to post your encounters with other PCers.

Insomniac (The Sleeping Beasts) and I (Aussie Legends!) just had a good one:

LegendsWin.jpg

Hopefully we can get a tourney going or something.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Had another game against Jack, was a pretty good game! Needed 7 off the last ball, and he decided to go body line style.. it payed off for 2 dot balls untill i carved him for 6 over point :p

mevstrev.jpg

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Had another game against Jack, was a pretty good game! Needed 7 off the last ball, and he decided to go body line style.. it payed off for 2 dot balls untill i carved him for 6 over point :p

mevstrev.jpg

*Last over.

However, I did beat you earlier on today after we both batted shockingly with Ollie failing to chase down just over 30.

OffCutters

International Coach
I played against Jake :p I only scored 25....didnt even know the bloody controls :p

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Versing Off Cutters, He better not bowl 30 yorkers though.

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Was a good game. Nice work. Play you again some time soon yeah?

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
I've played 4 matches against some randoms. Won 2, lost 2, the only reason I won was because they were complete noobs. I just don't like this game tbh. Stick Cricket is much smoother. I sometimes feel like I lag, but i'm not because I play other games and it's fine but in this game is so slow. The bat moves slowly, fielders run and throw slowly, it's just not smooth. I don't think i'm going to continue playing unfortunately. Most of the time its a lucky shot by the batsman, timing it too hard, with the slowness. Disappointed :(

P

pcfan123

It deffintily lags at points and makes playing the yorkers impossible. That is why I am not going to play anymore randoms, its literally 30 yorkers everytime. Even some PC members bowl like that.

This game can be fun, but only with my friends on PC who I know will not bowl like douchebags

Spinksy

School Cricketer
It deffintily lags at points and makes playing the yorkers impossible. That is why I am not going to play anymore randoms, its literally 30 yorkers everytime. Even some PC members bowl like that.

This game can be fun, but only with my friends on PC who I know will not bowl like douchebags

Yeah. I give them wide ones and sometime don't even move the cursor. But if I'm in dire straights, I'll bowl the odd yorker.

P

pcfan123

It seems like the cut shot is going to ruin this game. The lack of field setting and overly powerful CUT make is 100% a batsmans game. I watch cricket for the bowling so I think I might be done with Howzat in a day or 2 once the novelty wears off.

Its just not cricket then the batsman can move wide of the crease everytime and cut all deliveries. Even CR has this problem of excessive mobility for the batsman which ruins the bowling aspect of the game.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
I'm already done with this game, I got so pissed with the slowness that I went and played Stick Cricket online

blake

School Cricketer
Wow, it's not that bad Madhur... go and run along with your Stick Cricket and leave this thread.

I think the moving around is slightly annoying, but I have no idea why everyone complains about the yorkers. People try and bowl yorkers to me, I just move into the right area and bang through square leg for four, it's almost a certain money shot for me so I'm definitely happy. I find shorter balls harder than yorkers.

P

pcfan123

Maybe the game runs smoother on your machine then Blake, but its very choppy on mine and it makes yorkers 50% wickets as timing is damn near impossible.

They have to limit how much the batsman can move around, tired of seeing nothing but square cuts.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah same, it's just not smooth enough, whereas Stick Cricket or even any other game is smooth online or not, and nobody really playes this yet, half the time the person isn't even there

Users who are viewing this thread