People who have already preordered the game

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ok I will try but I will not have time on my hand for first few days of the month. My work routine is such.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ordered one more copy for ps3 from ebay because seller was showing delivery date as 3rd April. So now its a race between flipkart and ebay, whoever delivers it first will get my money and other order will be cancelled ;)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ordered one more copy for ps3 from ebay because seller was showing delivery date as 3rd April. So now its a race between flipkart and ebay, whoever delivers it first will get my money and other order will be cancelled ;)

But would "returning the game" process be worth going through if it's just a day or so between the two deliveries?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Its cash on delivery mate. I have not paid anything. So whoever comes first will get the cash and other would be returned empty handed ;)

----------

And even one day makes a big difference as I'm on vacation till 10th, I wanna make every day count ;)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Its cash on delivery mate. I have not paid anything. So whoever comes first will get the cash and other would be returned empty handed ;)

That's an interesting model! How does this model sustain itself as I can see people abusing it a lot.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Angry_Pixel said:
Its cash on delivery mate. I have not paid anything. So whoever comes first will get the cash and other would be returned empty handed
You are cruel.:p

----------

That's an interesting model! How does this model sustain itself as I can see people abusing it a lot.
Moreover, they do not ask for confirmation other than your mobile no. and email address and you can always enter a fake no. and email address to order things.
Maybe it is just the competition which makes them keep the option for COD.

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
That was my post :P

----------

I was thinking of putting snapdeal in the race too but they are mostly slower than flipkart thus decided against it.

sharp7

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

----------

Moreover, they do not ask for confirmation other than your mobile no. and email address and you can always enter a fake no. and email address to order things.

They give you a call on that number to confirm the order.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

I would assume this would cut into retailer's margin and can't really see this model sustain itself for long. I can see folks ordering at 10 different retailers and purchasing through just one. Unless there's a penalty imposed for not cancelling COD at the last moment, I can't really see how this works. Maybe it's something western retailers can learn from their Indian counterparts.

----------

They give you a call on that number to confirm the order.

Even in that case, as long as there's no penalty in cancelling at the last minute, the system is ripe for abuse.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors

----------

Real mobile number is required as ebay sends a code via sms, that has to be entered to complete the order. You can always cancel the order as long as you have not received you without any questions asked. The websites themselves have the option to do that.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Real mobile number is required as ebay sends a code via sms, that has to be entered to complete the order. You can always cancel the order as long as you have not received you without any questions asked. The websites themselves have the option to do that.
I have tried entering a fake no. in flipkart and they do accept the order. Haven't had any experience with ebay though.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Typically, if you are a new user making your first purchase on the site, they call you up on your mobile to confirm your COD (cash on delivery) purchase. If you are a regular user, they send it out without confirming your order. There is still a scope for abuse (as in AngryPixel's case if he is a regular on Flipkart) but otherwise it works well more often than not. Also, quite a few websites charge a small additional amount for COD orders.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Flipkart only calls to confirm in case the order is expensive. Don't know what is the exact price above which they call though. They called me to confirm my PS3 order as it was 20K INR.

----------

In total i have 4 horses in this race. Flipkart, Ebay and two local sellers who have confirmed the date as 4th and 5th April respectively. :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread