Pepsi IPL 2013 Discussion

which ipl team do u like

• Total voters

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Dhoni's efforts are much appreciated, he just didn't get support... so are Pollard's, Malinga's, Johnson's & the team for tonight's win :cheers

Finally we are champions of IPL after 6 long years :clap:clap:clap
Credit goes to Skipper Rohit Sharma's captaincy and overall team effort

HAIL MUMBAI INDIANS !!! :)

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Adam Gilchrist,Rahul Dravid and now Sachin Tendulkar.My respect for the Master Blaster has gone bigger.A very good decision.I will soon want Kallis,Lee,Ponting and few other respected cricketers to retire from IPL too.This is just for youngsters and glamour lovers,not for Classy players like you.Till last IPL we had Dada and before that Jumbo and VVS.So it was pretty understandable that these guys played with the players of their era.Now its time up and a great call by both Wall and Master espically after the IPL's image that has been trashed by some honourable people from our country. #TestCricketFanForever

Dude, I don't know what you are on about. Classy players make the game better to watch. Kohli is class, one of the highest run scorers. Hussey is all class, he wins the orange hat. It is how you adapt to the game more than the reputation you bring. Even Ponting performed well in the Big Bash.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Dude, I don't know what you are on about. Classy players make the game better to watch. Kohli is class, one of the highest run scorers. Hussey is all class, he wins the orange hat. It is how you adapt to the game more than the reputation you bring. Even Ponting performed well in the Big Bash.

IPL is just a fancy bitch,yes BITCH.Dont really want the most respected players to play in it.Kohli is a youngster,so he does not come anywhere near my status.T20 is a boring format too for true cricket lovers i feel,its my personal opinion.I would rather see a batsman score 9 of 65 balls but plays cricket with sense just like what Trott did today against the Kiwis. :)
Its my personal opinion mate and i dont even like ODIs as much as Tests.So yes..

----------

Not just indian mate, Asian mindset.

Really sad to see Asad Rauf pulled out of Champions League.

Sad to see Sachin play his last IPL.

Asad Rauf is pulled out from the Champions Trophy mate.Too much of T20 i guess :D

And i am an Indian,so i can talk about my country,Asia has few more countries and i cant talk about them as i dont know about them :)

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
IPL is just a fancy bitch,yes BITCH.Dont really want the most respected players to play in it.Kohli is a youngster,so he does not come anywhere near my status.T20 is a boring format too for true cricket lovers i feel,its my personal opinion.I would rather see a batsman score 9 of 65 balls but plays cricket with sense just like what Trott did today against the Kiwis. :)
Its my personal opinion mate and i dont even like ODIs as much as Tests.So yes..

Personal preference. I respect a players Test stats. But generally hate tests, the lenght bores the hell out of me. T20 is the way forward, it is quick and you can carry on with your normal day. It is probably the only way to get other people interested in the sport.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Phew!IPL has ended atlast.Time to Bleed Yellow now.Its ICC Champions Trophy 2013 time.Show the world that you are still the 'MIGHTY' team.All the very best Micheal Clarke.Good luck to England and India too. #TrueAussieFan

Pat

International Coach
I am sure someone is really pissed with the Mumbai Indians winning the IPL:yes

Congratulations and I am happy with the fact that Sachin has left the IPL on a high.

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Sachin left on a high? He hit his last ever IPL ball for a six! Could that get better? :D
Moreover, Sachin won his 6th IPL just as he won his 6th World Cup!
Spectacular win there for MI. Totally ecstatic. Couple of things went wrong for CSK IMO. Dhoni dropping himself below Jadeja was well very sad, needed to step up to the ocassion. Loved the way Johnson, Malinga, Bhajji bowled.

Don't quite agree with IPL being a "bitch". It's all entertainment, if you've got a heart big enough to see your team defeated, that is.

Steyn

School Cricketer
It's over?

Thank goodness. Time to watch the real cricket - the Champions Trophy!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sad to see CSK lose, but they fought hard enough and were the best team of the league phases. During this tournament, they performed a lot better than they are used to performing in the league phase.

MI played better and deserved to win. And the IPL will miss Sachin. Goodbye Sachin! And to notice - he quits IPL before tests. He quits the cash cow before bowing out in tests. The first ever player to do so (i.e. quitting IPL before international cricket)?

I still don't understand why it is such a big deal if Meyippan bet on games. Yeah it is illegal but it is not equivalent to fixing games. IMO betting should be made legal so it is regulated - it is really stupid that it is illegal IMO, leads to unregulated seedy business that leads to all this crap.

He is being accused of indulging in a form of insider trading (i.e. leaking out sensitive team info, etc). But yes, I agree that its not anywhere equivalent to fixing games. And the team (through the coach Fleming) have let out statements that they are not aware of any of this. And today, read in Ashwin's FB page that Dhoni is quoted to have said "If CSK is terminated, I quit the IPL" (not sure how true this is because I didnt see it in Dhoni's twitter handle).

Meiyappan has been betting, which is about to become legal any moment after all that has happened. He has just done it before it became legal, which makes his actions illegal. NSR might have a hand in this, so kick him out (of BCCI, IPL, etc) and have the same Chennai team owned by someone else. It would catastrophic to dissolve the entire Chennai team just because the owners were bad.

----------

Sachin left on a high? He hit his last ever IPL ball for a six! Could that get better? :D
Moreover, Sachin won his 6th IPL just as he won his 6th World Cup!
Spectacular win there for MI. Totally ecstatic. Couple of things went wrong for CSK IMO. Dhoni dropping himself below Jadeja was well very sad, needed to step up to the ocassion. Loved the way Johnson, Malinga, Bhajji bowled.

Don't quite agree with IPL being a "bitch". It's all entertainment, if you've got a heart big enough to see your team defeated, that is.

Dhoni backs himself to soak in all the pressure of chasing down runs at the end. Even in the case of Pollard, he has failed most of the time when he comes in to bat too early (today was an exception). Today the other batsmen let him down. Feel like killing Jadeja. Horrendous shot. Same with Morkel & Vijay.

----------

Yes, CSK 'Team Principal' under arrest. CSK could be dissolved any moment now. No wonder you loss interest in IPL. Good going there.

He is a Dravid fanatic more than anything else. He is not that big a CSK fan :D

Will miss both Dravid and Sachin! People wont turn up as much to watch MI or RR from now.

Last edited:
S

Satan666

Oh yes the madness is over, IPL 6 shadowed in controversy, misgivings wrongdoings, failures and retirement of bigtime losers.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
No whistle podu for csk this time as well. Were is this neeta ambani? She was the team for all the group stage matches but not in the playoffs

Nita and Mukesh Ambani are in the US to attend the convocation of their other son, Aakash Ambani.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Nita and Mukesh Ambani are in the US to attend the convocation of their other son, Aakash Ambani.

OK thanks for the info
I wonder where the winner owner gone, when opposite owner under arrest :p

Nita Ambani must be very happy t the moment for such a good team work and crown after 6 years of hard work

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
She would be far more happy to watch her son, Anant walk all round the ground after the MI win in the final. :lol

I don't think you are aware of the fact that the boy is mentally challenged. So, its quite an unjust and unwanted comment from you.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
I don't think you are aware of the fact that the boy is mentally challenged. So, its quite an unjust and unwanted comment from you.

Really? I thought he only looks like that because he has put on so much weight and has those expressions due to his lack of interest in cricket.

Comment deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread