• Total voters

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

What is so funny ?

Perhaps you do not understand the gravity of the situation here. What sahilnatu has mentioned is absolutley right. We may not have a Team Chennai next year, or one that is run by India Cements, simply on the basis that Gurunath Meiyappan was involved in betting.

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I reckon they put team Chennai up for auctions next year. Scrap the owners, not the team. But I'm afraid if that's done, the 4 player retention rule won't apply to them. That'd be real bad, losing all the gems they've collected over the years.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
IMO, for next year. give all owners a choice if they want to keep their teams. Teams like RCB will ne run by Diageo in the future,seeing as Diageo has a majority stake therein.

You are likely to have more owners who would not feature in more editions of the IPL.

Put out tenders for new teams. These would most likely be put out for Chennai, Pune and Ahmedabad. Go in for full, fresh auctions. And then let the play begin.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why cant they make the teams public?Like the people of the city owning the team,also make betting legal,this will make IPL bigger,i have even seen betting teams like betting365.com on some team jerseys in EPL.I dont say betting is correct but making it legal will be more interesting because people tend to bet only because there is a restriction not to,if it is made legal,people wont care i feel.Personal view only.

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Pune as an IPL franchise was a disaster IMO. There's no room for two franchises in Maharashtra. Out of the many ppl I know in Pune, they've been supporting MI, as PWI neither connected with the ppl nor did it outperform other teams to create a space for it in the hearts of the ppl of Pune. Instead of that, they could have a team from Gujrat or one from MP/UP, there is immense talent there plus they haven't got a city, among the current 8, with which they can connect easily.

----------

Why cant they make the teams public?Like the people of the city owning the team,also make betting legal,this will make IPL bigger,i have even seen betting teams like betting365.com on some team jerseys in EPL.I dont say betting is correct but making it legal will be more interesting because people tend to bet only because there is a restriction not to,if it is made legal,people wont care i feel.Personal view only.

This surely sounds a great idea, make the teams public. Something like MI is officially owned by IndiaWin Sports Pvt. Ltd. (98.3% stake). Now, if they were to make it public, it would be an awesome concept. Or it can be made partially public as in Ambani directly holds 50% stake of the team while the rest is public. So, she still remains the titular owner for the sake of it.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I still don't understand why it is such a big deal if Meyippan bet on games. Yeah it is illegal but it is not equivalent to fixing games. IMO betting should be made legal so it is regulated - it is really stupid that it is illegal IMO, leads to unregulated seedy business that leads to all this crap.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I still don't understand why it is such a big deal if Meyippan bet on games. Yeah it is illegal but it is not equivalent to fixing games. IMO betting should be made legal so it is regulated - it is really stupid that it is illegal IMO, leads to unregulated seedy business that leads to all this crap.

Well said :clap

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I still don't understand why it is such a big deal if Meyippan bet on games

Police also confirmed that he leaked team info to the bookies, and being a member of CSK board, these things are sensitive.

Well I find no reason to legalise betting. Every country has its own set of regulations, so will India have if its legalised, but the problem is it would lead to more criminal activities, extending its path over a 'mere' fixing then.
Why? Cause the mentality of people out here in India, uneducated people will be influenced the most. Not taking any examples, but people will find loopholes any how. And no, none of the rule can save those little educated sensitive people to get bankrupt.

I'd rather they close down this 'market' as much as they can!!

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Police also confirmed that he leaked team info to the bookies, and being a member of CSK board, these things are sensitive.

Well I find no reason to legalise betting. Every country has its own set of regulations, so will India have if its legalised, but the problem is it would lead to more criminal activities, extending its path over a 'mere' fixing then.
Why? Cause the mentality of people out here in India, uneducated people will be influenced the most. Not taking any examples, but people will find loopholes any how. And no, none of the rule can save those little educated sensitive people to get bankrupt.

I'd rather they close down this 'market' as much as they can!!

Its the Indians frame of mind brother.If you legalise betting these people would not care.We tend to be interested to do the things that are illegal.Sit back and think,even we do illegel things :D which we are not supposed to do as students ;) If its legal then we wont be really interested in doing it :thumbs

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Its the Indians frame of mind brother.If you legalise betting these people would not care.We tend to be interested to do the things that are illegal.Sit back and think,even we do illegel things which we are not supposed to do as students If its legal then we wont be really interested in doing it

I know where that came from. :D

I do not want to extend my point simply because legalising it has many implications that would affect a person's day to day life (including personal), and I'm specifically talking about India at the moment!!
Just could draw so many examples yourself!!

----------

On another note, what a beauty to take out Hussey.
And now Badri, probably wasn't expecting that much away swing. Never thought Badri would reach out for that.:facepalm

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Good idea. But, I am not sure how it would work out. It would be great if they can get the right things in the right place.

Pune as an IPL franchise was a disaster IMO. There's no room for two franchises in Maharashtra. Out of the many ppl I know in Pune, they've been supporting MI, as PWI neither connected with the ppl nor did it outperform other teams to create a space for it in the hearts of the ppl of Pune. Instead of that, they could have a team from Gujrat or one from MP/UP, there is immense talent there plus they haven't got a city, among the current 8, with which they can connect easily.

One of the main problems with the Warriors was that they never had a single player from the city represent them. Not that there is any great player from Pune.However, it wouldn't hurt to see some local talent ,especially from Maharashtra make it there.

I still wouldn't put it past many corporates to ask for Pune given the excellent facilities at that stadium.

Your point of having a team from Gujarat is valid. As for Central
India, the problem lies in the infrastructure. And by this, I mean the infrastructure of the city as well [read airports, six lane roads, 5 star hotels].

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
No whistle podu for csk this time as well. Were is this neeta ambani? She was the team for all the group stage matches but not in the playoffs

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
No whistle podu for csk this time as well. Were is this neeta ambani? She was the team for all the group stage matches but not in the playoffs

Maybe thats why MI won today ;)

----------

And the first step I thought has happened today and I need to wait till January 2014 to see if I was completely correct.Haha!!Good to see people from every state except Tamil Nadu(excepting some people) are celebrating. :clap

----------

Adam Gilchrist,Rahul Dravid and now Sachin Tendulkar.My respect for the Master Blaster has gone bigger.A very good decision.I will soon want Kallis,Lee,Ponting and few other respected cricketers to retire from IPL too.This is just for youngsters and glamour lovers,not for Classy players like you.Till last IPL we had Dada and before that Jumbo and VVS.So it was pretty understandable that these guys played with the players of their era.Now its time up and a great call by both Wall and Master espically after the IPL's image that has been trashed by some honourable people from our country. #TestCricketFanForever

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Its the Indians frame of mind brother.If you legalise betting these people would not care.We tend to be interested to do the things that are illegal.Sit back and think,even we do illegel things :D which we are not supposed to do as students ;) If its legal then we wont be really interested in doing it :thumbs

Not just indian mate, Asian mindset.

Really sad to see Asad Rauf pulled out of Champions League.

Sad to see Sachin play his last IPL.

Users who are viewing this thread