'Personal Computer'

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I own a Playstation 2, and have always bought Cricket video games for that, instead of the Personal Computer. Before visiting these Forums, I downloaded and played the 'EA Sports FIFA Football 2005' Demo from the 'EA Sports' Website and only just realised how good video games are on the Personal Computer. Not only do they look and feel good, but you can change them with 'Patches'. I am now going to start a new trend and buy 'EA Sports Cricket 2004' for my Personal Computer during the coming week. Does any other Forum user agree with my new plan, and why? If and when I get the video game for my Personal Computer I will want to start using 'Patches' but do not know how to use them. It would also be good if a Forum user could post a beginner's guide to that on this thread too. Thank-you.

Will p

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I did this, i had the PS2 game and bought the PC ga,e after seeing this site and it was worth it because the game was so s*** but all the patched and stuff made it much better, i think itr was worth the little money it was

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
Yeah i have to agree with will p it doesnt cost alot of moneys as it have been released back a year ago.I guess it cost cheaper now And the patches makes the game perfect.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thank-You for all the information so far, please keep posting on this 'Thread'. I downloaded the 'EA Sports Cricket 2002' Demo and that looks a lot better than the Playstation 2 version did already (I have both 'EA Sports Cricket 2002 and 'EA Sports Cricket 2004' on Playstation 2). It was quite difficult to get used to the controls, but I know them now. I searched the Internet for an 'EA Sports Cricket 2004' Demo, but there were no search results so I had to use 'EA Sports Cricket 2002' Demo instead. I would also still like to see a 'Beginners Guide To Using 'Patches'' on this 'Thread' too. Please keep posting.

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
ok first you have to download the config editor made by parkash you can get it from download section of this site.Then download tutsis'golds'radagas'basically depends which one you are more intersted into.After downloading it upzip the file then open the config editor click on import patch which is located in config editor then click click on the patch then it will automatically import the patch(import successful)That is it and make sure you are playing on hard mode because some patches are made for hard mode.Hope this helps.

msamina

Club Cricketer
Pepi said:
I searched the Internet for an 'EA Sports Cricket 2004' Demo, but there were no search results so I had to use 'EA Sports Cricket 2002' Demo instead. I would also still like to see a 'Beginners Guide To Using 'Patches'' on this 'Thread' too. Please keep posting.

As far as I know, no demo for Cricket 2004 exists. Also, every patch comes with a readme file on how to install them. So, you just have to download the patches. But, the basic idea is to use the config editor to import the patches (as fardin has noted).

Also, if you search the forum you will get all the info. Most questions have been asked and answered.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have also Downloaded the 'Brian Lara Cricket 1999' Demo, and I can now see why people like it so much, it is fantastic! 'Codemasters' used 'Motion Capture' really well in that video game. I think I understand how to use 'Patches' now. Anyway, I am ordering 'EA Sports Cricket 2004' for the Personal Computer on 'E-Bay' so it should arrive within the next few Working Days. During that time, I would like to download more Demos of Cricket Video Games. Currently I have 'EA Sports Cricket 2002' and 'Brian Lara Cricket 1999' Demos, but if anybody has any other Online Demos, such as 'Cricket 1997' or 'Cricket 2000' then please post the 'Hyperlink' on this 'Thread'. I've also been thinking about the first 'Patches' I am going to Download. I am really interested in 'Television Graphics', so I suppose I will Download the 'Sky Sports' 'Patch'. This 'Thread' is all about helping me, and other first time Personal Computer 'EA Sports Cricket 2004' Users, to start off well. So, any Forum user who would like to recommend a 'Patch' that they have had good experiences with, they can Post that on this 'Thread' too. Thank-You, everyone.

Last edited:

msamina

Club Cricketer
Once you get Cricket 2004, I recommend using Sam's no cursor exe while batting (this fixes the lineup bug) and the no runout exe while bowling (fixes the CPU runout bug). Other than that, you can try out the graphics but no AI patches at the start. First play the original game till you become a master at that. Then try the AI patches. That is my recommendation.

To fix the line-up bug, I use Prakash's line-up editor. You will have to edit the lineup in roster.pak as well as the .sav file after you save a game. You can do this if you do not want to use Sam's no cursor exe. If you use this exe, the ball swing will not be seen.

From what I have tried, Ravi's patches give competitive matches. Other patches do very well for your own batting (making it more difficult), but the CPU still does not score well against you. So, you do not get competitive matches. But, I have not tried any of the very recent patches. So, you have to try them out yourself.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have searched both my Local 'Asda' Supermarket and 'Choices' Rental store, but both were Out Of Stock of 'EA Sports Cricket 2004'. I am still hoping to get the 'E-Bay' Copy, so I'll have to make a decision soon. Please don't Post any more information regarding the installation of 'Patches', as 'Fardin' has give me all the information I need. I am still hoping for 'Patch' recommendations and Demo 'Hyperlinks'.

Ramz

International Coach
LOLLL^^ very well said.. i think it is a fantastic idea, that people are using very good vocabulary:).. it should make people understand threads much more easier!!
(i think i'll stop) :)

dobbo2k4

Club Cricketer
I bought Cricket 2004 for Playstation 2, then I decided to buy it for PC after looking on here and seeing all the downloads that make the game so much better!!! Keep it up patchers!!!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have just been taking a look at the 'Downloads Centre' on this Website, and have decided that I will Download either the 'Sky Sports Patch' or the 'Channel Nine Patch'. These sound really good. I have ordered 'EA Sports Cricket 2004' for the Personal Computer from 'E-Bay', so it should arrive neatly packaged through the mail during the next few days. I will keep this 'Thread' running, so please continue to Post. Thank-You once again.

Users who are viewing this thread